St Johnstone v Hearts, Betfred League Cup Round of 16, Wed 10 August 2016

PauloPerth

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great cup tie. We are magnificent. If there is a football manager in Britain Europe The World this fucking universe who delivers as often as Tommy Wright then I'll be surprised.

I have to say I didn't think Hearts were that poor.. Just when you come to the cauldron that is McDiarmid Park for a midweek third round Befred Cup tie, you better be bringing your A game. 

That second half we were superb.  Danny Swanson is a magician, though I can see why Hearts would not want to play one of the most individually talented players in Scotland when you can fill your team with seven foot cloggers. :1eye

And as for the hungry half way up the hill lion-hearted wolf man that is Brad Mackay.. Take a bow son, you're officially one of us now. You deserve it.

I think hearts will do okay again this season.

A really enjoyable game.

As mentioned previously, Danny Swanson is in a different class from anyone in that Hearts team. Having now seen Aberdeen and Hearts in action, I'd be disappointed with anything less than 2nd place. With an additional striker, we could win the title. Without an additional striker, we could probably play Brad McKay up front and win the title regardless.

In all seriousness, it wasn't a vintage display. Having said that, we coped very well with Hearts' exceptionally ugly footballing philosophies. Jamie Walker is an awful human being. Nonetheless, I hope he was satisfied with his sideline view of our second and third goals. 

Great entertainment on display at McDiarmid Park. Our fine start to the season continues. The quarter-final draw hasn't been too favourable, but we shouldn't be fearing anybody. 

Archived