ww v east kilbride

whatasaw

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

East kilbride players and management were a total disgrace and if the ref had any baws they would never have survived wi 11 players on the park

:thumbsdown

Howay man would an EK team wi 9 or 10 on park make a difference to the humping, the championship favs are of to a good start we all ken where oor problems are. Roll on next week we'll need to get the Albert s goal difference doon :o

It was certainly a bit of a niggly game but our lot can more than hold their own shall we say :lol: and I don't think there was anything from either side meriting a red card. Thought the experienced officials helped. 

It was no humping though. First half an hour EK were stronger but WW deserved an equaliser and 2 late goals with gaps at the back put a slant on the score. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It was certainly a bit of a niggly game but our lot can more than hold their own shall we say :lol: and I don't think there was anything from either side meriting a red card. Thought the experienced officials helped. 

It was no humping though. First half an hour EK were stronger but WW deserved an equaliser and 2 late goals with gaps at the back put a slant on the score. 

1st half there was 1 shot at goal , 1 nil

2nd half WW were well on top and another day could have had 3 , free header 5 yard out , smashed the bar from close in and a worldy save ,,,then the sucker punch with their 2nd shot at goal 2-0 then 3-0 

WW were unlucky on the day and EK were poor but clinical

Never like to see NON playing players and officials swing punches at players but they got away with it Ref was poor all game but thats football for you

Fun game to be at from a neutral point of view, certainly good entertainment standing right behind the two dugouts haha!

For me never a 3-0 game, EK scored early on but WW then had 3 or 4 good chances to score - badly missed header, hit the bar and good save from the EK keeper. Then EK got the 2nd on the break and 3rd goal is irrelevant as was right on 90th minute.

Difference for me was WW were naive and EK were smart. Few times WW players could have went down with contact in the box but stayed on there feet where as EK players said needed zero encouragement to go down - not saying there were diving, just very smart and you certainly heard them when they went down.

The two benches were certainly very animated and passionate to say the least. WW took exceptional at Joao going down easy followed by a scream on every occasion where as EK bench were trying to protect their player - totally expected and acceptable for me. The only negative was the EK sub keeper as a 20 man brawl broke out in front of the dug-outs in the 2nd half. He flew out with a punch/push to the WW midfielder who was on yellow card and close to a red to try & get him sent off, that's not acceptable for me. A few of the WW bench did not take kindly to this and we eager to get him out for a few words but he smartly retracted to the bench and hid for the rest of the game haha.

Thought the ref was really poor tbh. Booked two players within 3 minutes, (1 EK justified for a rugby tackle and 1 WW which seemed harsh for a high foot). Then failed to take any appropriate action for a considerable period. Thought EK were really lucky to finish with 11 players on the park as a few players could have walked for consistent fouling if appropriate action taken earlier and there was a booking in the first half for a EK player than could have been a straight red as booted the WW player with no intention for the ball. Mind you ref was bad for both sides as WW centre half should have got booked for a rather robust challenge.

EK will certainly improve and as they are a smart side with plenty SFL experience. WW might struggle without a threat upfront as seemed almost toothless at times. 

On 7/31/2016 at 13:40, comeon said:

1st half there was 1 shot at goal , 1 nil

2nd half WW were well on top and another day could have had 3 , free header 5 yard out , smashed the bar from close in and a worldy save ,,,then the sucker punch with their 2nd shot at goal 2-0 then 3-0 

WW were unlucky on the day and EK were poor but clinical

Never like to see NON playing players and officials swing punches at players but they got away with it Ref was poor all game but thats football for you

"EK were Poor" is a laughable comment. WW didn't deserve anything from the game. They had a short period of time were they had some possession but they only had one real chance. EK dominated overall. Think it's extremely hypocritical to talk about non playing staff getting involved when WW subs and coaches are over in the opposing technical area asking for square goes over a bit of hand bags after a tackle. 

Was a heated game, but a good game for a neutral. Don't really think there was anything be fitting of a red card for either side. WW always a tough place to go. Definitely think they are an improved side from recent times and will take lots of points off of teams.

3 hours ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

EK player than could have been a straight red as booted the WW player with no intention for the ball.

That'll be this one then.... just about the most cynical foul I've ever seen :whistle

1818.jpeg

5 hours ago, Lowland15 said:

"EK were Poor" is a laughable comment. WW didn't deserve anything from the game. They had a short period of time were they had some possession but they only had one real chance. EK dominated overall. Think it's extremely hypocritical to talk about non playing staff getting involved when WW subs and coaches are over in the opposing technical area asking for square goes over a bit of hand bags after a tackle. 

Was a heated game, but a good game for a neutral. Don't really think there was anything be fitting of a red card for either side. WW always a tough place to go. Definitely think they are an improved side from recent times and will take lots of points off of teams.

take it you were like the ref and missed it all :thumbsdown

22 minutes ago, Lowland15 said:

Straight red for a professional foul and as your picture shows just outside the D :lol:

You obviously don't get out to much football hahah :lol:

It was an assault not a foul ! violent conduct = red card ,

saying that if you can come on from the  dugout out push/punch a player and the ref /linesman ignore it , there is no chance a red  

the last EK manager would never have put up with that

4 hours ago, Lowland15 said:

Straight red for a professional foul and as your picture shows just outside the D :lol:

What planet are you living on?

A professional foul is a tug of a shirt or a clip of the ankles. This was a knee/thigh high boot with the ball miles away so should have been a red without a doubt.

Wayne Rooney got sent off for the exact same thing a few seasons ago and i'll trust a ref at Premiership level compared to the one on Saturday:

Also you are right I believe a few of the Whitehill players/coaching staff were keen to get a hold of the EK sub keeper after his judas punch through the crowd of bodies - cowardly action!!!

4 hours ago, Lowland15 said:

It's my picture. Just outside the D? What are you on about  :lol: That's the centre circle. You must have had a decent view of the assault as by your comments you were obviously in the dugout.

EK were the better side and nobody would have complained if they had the game won by half time but they obviously started believing it themselves because the Welfare dominated most of the second half, but nice of you to give them "some possession for a short period of time" :lol: .

Btw most of us counted four clear cut chances not one, two each for Williams and Keane.

Thanks for correcting. Meant the center circle but you actually prove my point :lol:

Obviously a massive case of sour grapes here. WW were beaten by a far superior team on the day. The fact you guys are clinging on to a professional foul just in front of the half way line (And yes this was a clip of the heels, not a two footed fly kick described by the sore losers) 

And get a grip. Continuing to used phrasing like "assault" is completely laughable. 

From the first minute WW kicked Victoria up and down the park. Don't see anyone posting about that? 

14 minutes ago, Lowland15 said:

Thanks for correcting. Meant the center circle but you actually prove my point :lol:

Obviously a massive case of sour grapes here. WW were beaten by a far superior team on the day. The fact you guys are clinging on to a professional foul just in front of the half way line (And yes this was a clip of the heels, not a two footed fly kick described by the sore losers) 

And get a grip. Continuing to used phrasing like "assault" is completely laughable. 

From the first minute WW kicked Victoria up and down the park. Don't see anyone posting about that? 

your the joke mate

Victoria went down when the wind got up , but I did see him assault a WW player of the ball that was ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes you guessed it missed by the officials

far superior team :lol: 

1 shot 1 goal 1st half and 2nd half WW dominated but did not score not a sore loser just a fact that with a decent ref EK would have lost

46 minutes ago, Lowland15 said:

I see most folk admitting EK were better. I'll take WhatsUpDoc's view as a neutral over yours any day.

Whatasaw and paleface are not WW regular posters either.

Away back in the dugout :lol:

Archived