We Need to Talk About Angus

In a couple of seasons when Montrose have joined Brechin, Forfar and Arbroath in the Championship we'll have our first amalgamation. Dick will be director of football, Darren will be head coach and Gary and Stewart will take over the reigns at Kirriemuir Thistle and Carnoustie Panmure and get them up then we'll amalgamate with them too. World domination will follow for Angus United. At this point we may have to knock down the stadium in Monifieth made of Forfar's west terrace, Brechin's north stand, Montrose's stand, Arbroath's pitch all surrounded by a hedge with onsite smoke house and bridie bakery for a super stadium of 60000 seats and 10000 safe seating area.

In a couple of seasons when Montrose have joined Brechin, Forfar and Arbroath in the Championship we'll have our first amalgamation. Dick will be director of football, Darren will be head coach and Gary and Stewart will take over the reigns at Kirriemuir Thistle and Carnoustie Panmure and get them up then we'll amalgamate with them too. World domination will follow for Angus United. At this point we may have to knock down the stadium in Monifieth made of Forfar's west terrace, Brechin's north stand, Montrose's stand, Arbroath's pitch all surrounded by a hedge with onsite smoke house and bridie bakery for a super stadium of 60000 seats and 10000 safe seating area.

This.

Although don't think 60000 will be enough for Scotland's new powerhouse.

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

I reckon Kirrie and Carnoustie should form a 2nd Angus side. Possibly called Panmure Thistle. Angus United will need a local rival after all.

I reckon Kirrie and Carnoustie should form a 2nd Angus side. Possibly called Panmure Thistle. Angus United will need a local rival after all.

Who is looking after the pitch Ronnie or Martin?

5 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Surely the stadium should be in Friockheim.

41 minutes ago, forfarton said:

Surely the stadium should be in Friockheim.

Firstly I was in Monifieth this morning watching my eldest boy play a match and it occurred to me it's accessible by land, sea and air for our worldwide fan base and it would a shame for the good townsfolk of Monifieth to be the only burgh not contributing to the new force in football. It's reasonably accessible by road, it's close to Dundee Airport until we build our own Angus United International Airport and we can build a port there for cruise liners which would be put off by the smell if we built it in Arbroath. And as JoseMarooniho pointed out the site in Friockheim is now a large housing development.

Edited by theSilverFox

20 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Firstly I was in Monifieth this morning watching my eldest boy play a match and it occurred to me it's accessible by land, sea and air for our worldwide fan base and it would a shame for the good townsfolk of Monifieth to be the only burgh not contributing to the new force in football. It's reasonably accessible by road, it's close to Dundee Airport until we build our own Angus United International Airport and we can build a port there for cruise liners which would be put off by the smell if we built it in Arbroath. And as JoseMarooniho pointed out the site in Friockheim is now a large housing development.

A well argued case. The cruise liner market is an important one as I recognised on my last visit to Cappielow...

20170506_135537.jpg

On 21/05/2017 at 22:06, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Hi I'm Berwick The Unbeatable. Three facts about me:

1. I live with my Mum  

2. My favourite hobby is saying things over the Internet which i would never have the balls to say to someone's face

3. I am an adult

• 3 weeks later...

One of my proudest personal achievements is driving the mindset of Angus into something better. In 2016/17, we really achieved change in the area and that could be seen on the park. Sadly it seems thing have been let slip off the park, and under Tory representation, what should have spelled the end of the Merge Angus campaign will now be relaunched as the Nuke Angus campaign.

09.06.17. The beginning of the end.