Good shit on social media

We have an "Annoying things on Facebook" thread.

I'm pissed up and have been telling my mate Facebook, etc, is shite. 

He says there is some good stuff on there and I am narrow minded.

So let this be a thread for posting all the funny, meaningful and downright ace things you see on Facebook, Twitter, etc. 

Prove me wrong!

Ladbible has some funny stuff

Ladbible has gone right downhill. All the shite it was posting after the EU referendum was ridiculous.

I run our club Facebook page, so that tends to be 90% of my interaction on FB these days.

It really is the theatre of ultimate disappointment, where you get a friend request from someone you've not seen for years, are momentarily quite pleased about it and almost instantaneously realise you've got nothing in common any more. Their algorithms freak me out a bit as well - "People you may know" all too often are "Pain in the arse exes you don't even want to live in the same time zone as" or "People you may kick f**k out of if you ever run into IRL"

At least if somebody attention-whores or posts ludicrous opinions on here, they're almost certain to get called out for them. There's very little of that on FB it seems, so it's turned more and more into a swamp of cretinous pish.

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

a swamp of cretinous pish.

Next time Facebook takes out one of its giant billboards near where I live, I hope they use this slogan, rather than the usual self important pish they spout about their brand.

In Facebook, people show you photos of what they are about to eat for lunch.
Before the days of internet, when everything was telegrams, this would have been very expensive

Fish and Chips STOP
Mushy peas STOP
No garden peas actually STOP
Salt and Vinegar STOP
Brown Sauce STOP
On an oval plate STOP

.. and you would have had to try a visualise it yourself.

That's progress!

5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Paddy Power tends to be a good laugh.

Honestly find most of it terrible but fair play they made us look like right mugs over the Euro 2016 campaign. Especially with that advert.

Their algorithms freak me out a bit as well - "People you may know" all too often are "Pain in the arse exes you don't even want to live in the same time zone as" or "People you may kick f**k out of if you ever run into IRL"

A lot of the time they are folk who have been on your profile

Archived