Auchinleck Talbot

paulsmythe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems a pretty indefensible scheme to be part of but the list of organisations includes Oxfam, Save the Children, some Hospices and a number of other very worthwhile organisations so I'd be interested to see how Talbot were involved before rushing to condemnation, however Talbot aren't a charity and if they've gained from the exploitation of people who've been forced into a financial corner by an utterly abhorrent welfare system then it reflects astonishingly poorly on them, particularly given the legacy of Thatcherism/ Conservatism in that area is mass unemployment. 

Freedom of information from DWP have stated Talbot allowed their club to be used for forced labour from ppl out of work on benefits by DWP . Dont know if it still happens  Shameful to say the least. any comments  from them

Your post is vague to say the least, if people undertaking a community payback order or cjs are assigned to work within the local community in any capacity I'm all in favour of that. Even if it is in Auckinleck [emoji19]

Just now, Seekfedup said:

Your post is vague to say the least, if people undertaking a community payback order or cjs are assigned to work within the local community in any capacity I'm all in favour of that. Even if it is in Auckinleck emoji19.png

It's not that though - I thought he was at the wind up so Goggled it and it's benefit claimants under threat of benefit sanctions. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dwp-forced-reveal-vast-list-8522078

no this isnt through the courts, DWP department of work and pensions make people who are claiming Job seekers allowance force people to go to various companies and work a full week for £55. A community club like talbot shouldnt be doing this , they actually get money from the DWP to do this

2 minutes ago, paulsmythe said:

no this isnt through the courts, DWP department of work and pensions make people who are claiming Job seekers allowance force people to go to various companies and work a full week for £55. A community club like talbot shouldnt be doing this , they actually get money from the DWP to do this

They're not any more as the scheme ended in April. Talbot's name was on the list published for July 2011 - January 2012 as a provider.

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

They're not any more as the scheme ended in April. Talbot's name was on the list published for July 2011 - January 2012 as a provider.

so how did they get on that list, they didnt  just pull there name out a hat

16 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It seems a pretty indefensible scheme to be part of but the list of organisations includes Oxfam, Save the Children, some Hospices and a number of other very worthwhile organisations so I'd be interested to see how Talbot were involved before rushing to condemnation, however Talbot aren't a charity and if they've gained from the exploitation of people who've been forced into a financial corner by an utterly abhorrent welfare system then it reflects astonishingly poorly on them, particularly given the legacy of Thatcherism/ Conservatism in that area is mass unemployment. 

couldnt have said it better,   Tried to ask thempolitely  on twitter if they were still involved, got blocked . That might say a lot about them 

2 minutes ago, paulsmythe said:

what i mean is did talbot register to be one of these companies or were they approached by DWP first

Sorry, got you now. No idea mate. Would probably need to be someone from Talbot to answer that. 

Just now, Shanner said:

Sorry, got you now. No idea mate. Would probably need to be someone from Talbot to answer that. 

well it would be interesting to hear from the club to see why they would think this would be a good image for a community club and indeed if it was common knowledge .  I couldnt believe it reading the list of companies on the list and seeing a junior football team on it 

Just now, Quantum Leap said:

Let's look at some of your comments...
Mighty Auchenleck scumbags
Talbot allowed their club.

Axe to grind obviously.
Who's your team?
Who are you?
How long have you been a member on here?

iv been on here about 1 hour,   i asked them on their twitter account a simple question about this topic and got blocked which makes me think they have something to hide . I have no junior club that i follow , maybe my scumbag comment was OTT .  Did you as a talbot man know ? 

1 minute ago, Quantum Leap said:

You have been a member on here 5 mins and your first entry is to discredit Auchinleck Talbot FC.
You got blocked because you are an arsehole attempting to blacken the name of Auchinleck Talbot and you really can't expect to be accepted by the same who you call scumbags.

Who is your team??
What is your other name on here??

i think your club has blackened its own name by exploiting people on benefits. 541 companies on that list and 1 is your club. You clearly seem to think i support another team on here and i have another account which i do not.   i find in incredible that a club which seems to have a community spirit was on that list and just want to know why.   Did you  know ?

First I've heard of this but there's a huge number of community projects, charities and football clubs on that list. Paper is clearly not separating  between massive companies exploiting people and those trying to genuinely help people back into work. 

Archived