Current League Cup Format

How do you like the current League Cup format?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How's it working for you, so far?

I ken there's already a thread on this, but I thought a poll might be good.

This thing where draws go straight to pens actually sounds decent - there's no great incentive to playing for a draw, and pens can be a bit of a lottery, so teams are maybe more likely to try and play for a win - unless it's a team that feels its best chance of winning is on pens.

Personally I feel like we've started the season in a rather underwhelming way with half paced matches against lower quality teams (no offense Annan and E. Stirling).

For me it's been a pretty shoulder shrugging, meh start to the season and when you add that to the fact that supporters who have paid somewhere between £300 - 400 for a season ticket are immediately asked to pay into the first two matches of the season I can understand why attendances haven't skyrocketed.

Starting with the league and then playing one off knock cup matches is much better in my opinion.  If there is an upside if gives you a chance to see teams you might not see otherwise but even then with the regional element to the groups that novelty might not even last for too many seasons.

I've enjoyed it, bigger crowds and more competitive games than your usual pre-season affairs, and due to us being able to organise a squad we've actually treated it fairly seriously aswell.

Absolutely loving it. We're always papped out in the first round of these things, so it's quite the novelty to have four matches. 

And we might still win the group (tough ask though)

And we effectively knocked out Falkirk

Long may it continue. 

Better than pre-season games and played at a higher intensity. We've had a good win at Stenny and a good draw against in Airdrie in what was a fantastic game of football. I'll also be in the pub in a couple of hours for an away tie at Firhill. Struggling for negatives from our perspective.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Fans of clubs who did shite, made an arse of their preparations, had their club charge ludicrous gate prices or got a pish group in 'hating the changes' shock.

If only we had all felt the ecstatic high of beating Kilmarnock's English League 2 Rejects U20's at a four fifths empty Rugby Park.

Think It depends on the group you have drawn but I'm loving it.

A positive move for Scottish football IMHO.

Just wish BT Sport would run a highlights/round up package as well as show live games.

7 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It'll be about as full as when your lot blunder to a grim draw against them in the regular season. 

With your powers of premonition can you tell me if its going to 0-0 against Montrose grim?  If so, I'll not bother going.

Archived