Current League Cup Format

How do you like the current League Cup format?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a fantastic concept. Before there was at best two opportunities to pish yourself laughing at failed teams: now there's been five full game days of fail. Then Dundee, Raith, Kilmarnock and the spoon-burners manage to get turfed out within the space of ten minutes today.

1469909854782.jpg.16c8c0760916287944aa8a

Like most I've been in neither the "rather like it" nor the "do not like it" camp. It's been OK, fine, I haven't minded it is probably the general feeling. One disappointment is that it is hard for part-time clubs to progress, and next season I'd rather Berwick used it more like pre-season as the chances are quite slim... That said I was pleased that, despite being seeded up to the hilt, two "smaller" clubs made it through in Peterhead and Alloa.

Crowds were not particularly great in competitive terms - but in comparison to friendlies they were clearly better.

I'm not a fan of the penalty bonus thing but it's clearly been a novelty for some. It was almost immaterial in practical terms - changed nothing except Peterhead qualifying not Dundee.

Looking to next year... I would like them to let all the runners-up qualify and contest a play-off round, and I would not be in favour of them allowing triallists or adding extra substitutes.

I quite like it. Certainly beats the usual one game and you are out. The penalties have a novelty value but, if you take Ayrs group' we could have gone out having won three games and only lost in injury time against St Minging. Perhaps a play off for second placed teams? Dunno, but overall o have enjoyed it.

41 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

A play-off round is an utterly shan idea and would require a bigger gap between the current group stage and the last 16. 

Play offs at end of the season only have 3 or 4 days notice between end of league and between semi and finals. Teams would know going into final matchday possibility they may finish 2nd and plan accordingly for that.

18 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I like it it's better than pre season. Smaller clubs can test themselves against higher opposition. I like the penalty bonus point. Yeah not bad a good thing for Scottish football.

Could those who have said it's shite give reasons rather than just stating that it's shite

Their reasons for it being shite are that they have been shite in it.

Archived