junior cup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thathanka Iyothake said:

Is there a team in the East good enough to bring

The Scottish cup back to  the  region.

Like taking a driving test mate.......It's what you do on the day !!!! and get the rub of the green !!! Just look what our neighbours done last season !!

You could equally ask that question for the entire area outwith Ayrshire! The answer for me is - don't see why not.

I think last season's cup being so West/ Ayrshire dominated from about the Quarters onward gives the impression the East has declined but actually the West top division - while competitive - was noticeably lacking in real stand-out quality compared to recent seasons.

There were a few stand out results like Pollok smashing Bonnyrigg, Kilwinning beating Linlithgow, and Troon doing Bo'ness (IIRC) but I'd still think these were just good performances on the day rather than anything more meaningful. 

Notice anything here?

Auchinleck Talbot have won the Junior Cup in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.

Why do you think any team from the East will break Talbot's record of winning the trophy every other year?

This is going to ruffle a few feathers in the east however I do believe the west is considerably stronger than the east -  I would think Bankies, Peasy and Medda would all finish top 4/5 in the East Super league. Even looking at the betting odds the outsiders in the west prem I would fancy to win the east super - and don't get me started on the north lol! 

Notice anything here?

Auchinleck Talbot have won the Junior Cup in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.

Why do you think any team from the East will break Talbot's record of winning the trophy every other year?

I'm a Talbot fan and this is embarrassing. You sound like the person two doors down who has just got to tell folk what they have.

I always want Talbot to win but no need to sound arrogant with it[emoji53]

20 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

This is going to ruffle a few feathers in the east however I do believe the west is considerably stronger than the east -  I would think Bankies, Peasy and Medda would all finish top 4/5 in the East Super league. Even looking at the betting odds the outsiders in the west prem I would fancy to win the east super - and don't get me started on the north lol! 

Heads gone 

21 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

The west is stronger but you've taken that too far. None of these sides would get near the top 4.

9 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Individually these results don't mean a heck of a lot collectively it tells you what juniorfootball said may well be right. 

it really doesn't tell you anything of the sort. Kilbirnie beat Talbot twice in the league so that must mean they went and won it then, right?

I agree there is s lack of depth in the east (financially too) but the top 4 are pretty decent. Kelty got pumped by Lothian Thistle in the Scottish Cup but I reckon they'd beat them consistently just the same. 

I think the east top flight is also suffering a bit now as a result of some competition for signatures from top end Lowland League teams. 

43 minutes ago, HTG said:

The west is stronger but you've taken that too far. None of these sides would get near the top 4.

Yes I am obviously bias but I honestly believe that's where they would sit, the results Hareskirky put on shows (albeit not a great deal of games) that my claim isn't so daft after all! 

Archived