HERE WE FUCKING GOOOO

On 10/13/2016 at 23:16, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

I played in that game yes score didn't cover us in glory but one game Doesn't reflect a team I could sit and pick bones out of your abilities as a goal keeper and how our goal came about...we have new players playing together and the Linton boys have played together for years and let's face it they could easily compete in the league we are in. Just wait till pusco comes back out retirement and you're back to watching!!! 90% of the Linton team are ex junior so can't see why the score is meant to be a shock!

I said that a whole new team, doesn't look good like a said.

If u ask for someone to pass the ball back and the striker nips in and it richochets of you and him it's no really your fault. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After pumping Ormiston on Tuesday whilst missing 8 players to then going to play Sandys at home and losing for the first time at home in a year and a half, felt we where intimidated when 1-0 up after a ''minor'' scuffle broke out and couple of there sidelines ran onto park... Handbags some might say but no action taken against either set of players not that I seen any retaliation from ours tbh. From then on we lose stupid free kicks in daft areas and 2 of there 4 goals where deflections. Another one the boy tried to cut it back and beat me at my near post as I tried to read it. The 4th was a screamer in of the bar and post. Apart from that what Sandys done well wasn't good but it worked. Other than being beat my near post i'd say I was happy with the way I played. I do believe Linton lost a few players in the summer? Someone somewhere may be able to correct me aswell as there keeper of 6 years retiring.

Who were these 8 players slight exaggeration, Clarky, Grant, Liam, Micheal, Tosh and aube one more. From last season to my knowledge they lost Stuart, Jamie and pusco who was a fantastic goal keeper and player of the season a few times and the other two were also very good. So we lose to an amatuer team and it doesn't look good, you get beat by a team of a similar standard 4-1 and it's a set back, can't see your logic as your players ability is irrespective of their league they play in. You also played Dunbar a few weeks back and should of won that game so from your reasoning does that one off game justify they'll have a hard season being they're a junior team and scrapped a win...... absolutely not!!!!!

That was my first game back after a ban from 4 seasons ago, so missed a couple so don't really know most of the lads and how they want to play etc... But yesterday i'd presume and hope will be a one off. The boy Jules that plays up-front is one of the best players i've played with and that's a big shout having played with o'conner...

Bob great player ( when he is in the mood ) Jules is the best player I've played with. Fairy is a good mate and very effective, murder at 5s tho! Like I've previously said all your players in starting 11 are ex junior. Very good team and I wasn't surprised at the result disappointed in how it came about but for saying we will struggle is a bit premature after seeing 90 minutes of us whilst missing a few boys and players just playing together for a matter of weeks. I've only played 3 games for us and yes we have to improve but I have every faith in Ritchie and John as they know what they want and it's up to us to deliver.

• 1 month later...

Leith 21 - played 7 (average points per game 3)

Heriot Watt 19 - played 9 (average 2,11)

Coldstream 18 - played 10 (average 1,80)

Lothian Thiste 16 - played 6 (average 2,67)

Tynecastle 16 - played 7 (average 2,29)

Eyemouth 16 - played 9 (average 1,77)

Stirling University EOS 14 - played 11 (average 1,27)

Peebles 7 - played 11 (average 0,63)

Ormiston 6 - played 9 (average 0,67)

Tweedmouth 4 - played 8 (average 0,5)

Burntisland 1 - played 9 (average 0,11)

The three favourites in Leith, Lothian and Tynecastle are finally climbing the table. The setup is quite strange though, most teams have played different amount of matches, and Tynecastle have only played one home game so far. 

Consequence of the Alex Jack Cup and the non-domestic cups... Just totalled it up and all the clubs played the minimum of 3 cup-ties (i.e. losing their first match in all) except Heriot-Watt who've played 5; Tynecastle who've played 6; Leith who've played 8; and LTHV who've played 9. So they end-up playing catch-up. Of course Stirling Uni EOS played 0 cup-ties.

Similar story with LTHV & Tynecastle, sharers of Saughton, only having played 2 & 1 home league games respectively before today... Rest of the time either has had a home cup-tie.

EDIT: Btw that stat about 6 of the 10 first-team clubs not winning a cup-tie in any of the 3 competitions (Scottish Cup or Alex Jack Cup; South Challenge Cup; EOS Qualifying Cup) is quite startling. Of the other 4 LTHV are still in SCC + EOSQC and Tynecastle are still in SCC. Wins/draws v LL clubs were:

Scottish Cup
Leith Athletic 0-0 Cumbernauld Colts

South Challenge Cup
Preston Athletic 1-2 LTHV
Tynecastle 1-0 Spartans

EOS Qualifying Cup
Vale of Leithen 1-2 Heriot-Watt University
Preston Athletic 1-2 Leith Athletic
LTHV 3-0 Selkirk

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Consequence of the Alex Jack Cup and the non-domestic cups... Just totalled it up and all the clubs played the minimum of 3 cup-ties (i.e. losing their first match in all) except Heriot-Watt who've played 5; Tynecastle who've played 6; Leith who've played 8; and LTHV who've played 9. So they end-up playing catch-up. Of course Stirling Uni EOS played 0 cup-ties.

Similar story with LTHV & Tynecastle, sharers of Saughton, only having played 2 & 1 home league games respectively before today... Rest of the time either has had a home cup-tie.

EDIT: Btw that stat about 6 of the 10 first-team clubs not winning a cup-tie in any of the 3 competitions (Scottish Cup or Alex Jack Cup; South Challenge Cup; EOS Qualifying Cup) is quite startling. Of the other 4 LTHV are still in SCC + EOSQC and Tynecastle are still in SCC. Wins/draws v LL clubs were:

Scottish Cup
Leith Athletic 0-0 Cumbernauld Colts

South Challenge Cup
Preston Athletic 1-2 LTHV
Tynecastle 1-0 Spartans

EOS Qualifying Cup
Vale of Leithen 1-2 Heriot-Watt University
Preston Athletic 1-2 Leith Athletic
LTHV 3-0 Selkirk

Actually saw your post after I made a thread about this. I believe all three would do reasonably well in the Lowland League this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:30, non_sequitur said:

The league is deid who wants tae go fae Berwick tae Stirling tae play in front of twa men and a dug or Shippy tae eyemouth

Am hearing another club have asked the juniors for membership info, no the Shippy though

On 20/12/2016 at 10:30, non_sequitur said:

Am no saying them on here in case its pish but a wouldnae be surprised if true and a think there will be more

I'd guess at Ormiston then.  Can't see it being the borders teams (Coldstream, Eyemouth, Peebles or Tweedmouth) or the uni teams (Heriot-Watt, Stirling reserves).  Burntisland are licensed but geographically they'd be suited to the juniors.  I suppose it could be any of the Edinburgh teams (LTHV, Leith and Tynecastle) but they at least have the prospect of Scottish Cup entry from winning the league and there has been talk on here of the possibility of LTHV and Tynecastle becoming licensed in the future.

One thing which could possibly save the league is that none of the top teams are licensed so they won't be getting promoted unless anything changes and there's a prospect of teams coming down from the Lowland League to the East of Scotland League in the future (could well be a team or two coming down at the end of this season).

I would have thought Ormiston and Burntisland were the obvious candidates.

Burntisland in particular, given they're in the heart of Junior territory and would cut travelling dramatically in the process if they joined the East Region South Division and play fellow Fife clubs. They'll also be able to keep their Scottish Cup place. Seems a no brainer, although they'd need to improve on the pitch to be competitive, although they might attract better players if they make the move.

Archived