HERE WE FUCKING GOOOO

On 28/12/2016 at 15:08, Burnie_man said:

I would have thought Ormiston and Burntisland were the obvious candidates.

Burntisland in particular, given they're in the heart of Junior territory and would cut travelling dramatically in the process if they joined the East Region South Division and play fellow Fife clubs. They'll also be able to keep their Scottish Cup place. Seems a no brainer, although they'd need to improve on the pitch to be competitive, although they might attract better players if they make the move.

Out of interest, how welcome would the East of Scotland clubs be to the Juniors?  Any objections to any of the teams (the uni teams, in particular) if they were to apply?  How strict are the ground regulations (I'm guessing not very) and would all of the teams meet the regulations?  I know of the remaining teams have basic facilities.

How have Easthouses and Craigroyston been received?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stanley said:

Out of interest, how welcome would the East of Scotland clubs be to the Juniors?  Any objections to any of the teams (the uni teams, in particular) if they were to apply?  How strict are the ground regulations (I'm guessing not very) and would all of the teams meet the regulations?  I know of the remaining teams have basic facilities.

How have Easthouses and Craigroyston been received?

Easthouses and Craigroyston have both been very well received, Easthouses have made great strides with ground improvements and Craigroyston have a great playing surface. I think both clubs are happy with the move.

The SJFA are as flexible as they can be with ground criteria as they want to encourage clubs to join, not refuse them unless the ground really isn't anywhere upto scratch.

As for grounds which meet requirements currently, I haven't been to them all but looking at the pics, Burntisland, Ormiston (when finished), Coldstream and Eyemouth would all either meet or be near enough. Saughton as well but I doubt either of the two clubs would move to the Juniors.  Leith Athletic I think would struggle (changing rooms not inside ground?) as would Peebles (fencing issues?), not sure about the Uni teams. Tweedmouth may have the same issue as Leith, although I doubt they'd be interested.

Easthouses and Craigroyston have both been very well received, Easthouses have made great strides with ground improvements and Craigroyston have a great playing surface. I think both clubs are happy with the move.
The SJFA are as flexible as they can be with ground criteria as they want to encourage clubs to join, not refuse them unless the ground really isn't anywhere upto scratch.
As for grounds which meet requirements currently, I haven't been to them all but looking at the pics, Burntisland, Ormiston (when finished), Coldstream and Eyemouth would all either meet or be near enough. Saughton as well but I doubt either of the two clubs would move to the Juniors.  Leith Athletic I think would struggle (changing rooms not inside ground?) as would Peebles (fencing issues?), not sure about the Uni teams. Tweedmouth may have the same issue as Leith, although I doubt they'd be interested.

Do you know if any English teams have applied to the juniors before?

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 15:08, Burnie_man said:

I would have thought Ormiston and Burntisland were the obvious candidates.

Burntisland in particular, given they're in the heart of Junior territory and would cut travelling dramatically in the process if they joined the East Region South Division and play fellow Fife clubs. They'll also be able to keep their Scottish Cup place. Seems a no brainer, although they'd need to improve on the pitch to be competitive, although they might attract better players if they make the move.

A wee trip to the funfair at Burntisland before heading to the game.Sounds good to me is the football park far from the shows?

17 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

A wee trip to the funfair at Burntisland before heading to the game.Sounds good to me is the football park far from the shows?

Not too far probably a  5-10 minute walk. Park's on the road out to Cowdenbeath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 05:05, pumphy_man said:

Naw its a 10 minute dander mibbee get a chance tae see us next year if the club get there finger oot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived