Weekend betting 30/31 July

vikingTON

Two picks stand out for me in a generally dodgy League Cup card:

St Mirren (-2 goals) v Edinburgh City 6/4 at PP

Saint Mirren have signed about ten million forward players over the summer, and while they've yet to get going, they have as good an opportunity to do so as they could get. Crucially, they are also chasing goal difference to qualify for the next round: a four goal swing would see them overtake Ayr, who aren't playing - if they start well enough, they could also be chasing down Hamilton to win the group on goal difference. Anything less than a convincing win would be failure.

Queen of the South (-2 goals) v Stenhousemuir 10/3 at PP

Queen of the South need to win to have a chance of progression, and could also be chasing goal difference as well depending on events elsewhere. They probably won't need to win by three goals to qualify (Queens -1 is 13/10), but I'm going for the risky -2 because Stenhousemuir look to have absolutely nothing about them this season. 

I fancy Dundee United to give Pars a doing on Sunday. We have a great keeper... out injured for a few weeks. One proper striker.. out injured. Shaky at fullback, still experimenting in midfield. Something like Dundee United -2 (about 6/1) could be a worthwhile punt as I can easily see us shipping a few and we're toothless without our Moroccan. 

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Cove worth a wee go at 17s away to an already eliminated Ross County? Cove coming off a 3-0 win over Montrose while Ross County lost at Alloa. Cove arguably the bigger club n aw.

That's normally the kind of bet I'd go for but I won't touch it with a barge pole. Remember Cove got beat 4-0 by Alloa and Montrose are lucky not to be playing in the Highland League. A lot of of County fans will remember their HL days and I'm sure County won't put out a second string team with the Premiership about to start.

Going for Clach and Fort William draws and Wick and Forres to win in the HL. A stonking 317/1. 

Also a more conservative punt on Falkirk, Alloa, Peterhead and Annan at around 35/1.

47 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

You're a brave man backing us. Have you seen our results so far this season?

I haven't seen us in the flesh, but the post match reading hasn't been pleasing.

You're a brave man, so fair play.

Hope it comes in for you.

I was wondering why the heed were just over evens and you lot were over 2/1. Today might be the day it clicks for you and Stevenson runs more than 1km in a match....

Also a more conservative punt on Falkirk, Alloa, Peterhead and Annan at around 35/1.

A lot closer than my Euro bets, nations and clubs. Thank f**k proper football is back.

20 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Some good shouts. I took St Mirren and ICT -2.

Just sweating on Dundee United at -1 tomorrow  for a nice return. 

Job done :)

Screenshot_2016-07-31-17-00-16.png

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Someone bet less than £2 on Dundee, County and us to all win 7-0, they won £57,000 when it came in.

Any P&Bers getting the round in.

I'm always skeptical of shit like that. They have a picture of some scruffy jakeball (apparently from London) holding the betting slip. I'm sure he'd have been happy to pose with it and pretend he knows what the Betfred Cup is for a few quid.

Guest bernardblack
I'm always skeptical of shit like that. They have a picture of some scruffy jakeball (apparently from London) holding the betting slip. I'm sure he'd have been happy to pose with it and pretend he knows what the Betfred Cup is for a few quid.

100% this. The handwriting was like bloody calligraphy and not the average punters handwriting with a wee bookies pen

Archived