Things you miss about childhood

DDcups

Once got a chase from the police after smashing every Portakabin window on a building site. My mate got caught but I hid in the bushes. The police did see me so shone a torch at me and threatened me with a very angry looking dog. I knew I just had to sit tight as both them and their informant mut wouldn't fancy wading through a thorny bush to apprehend a petty vandal.

Scratched To f**k Vandal 1 - 0 Po Po's.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about at school those stupid wee sweets on elastic and you would bite off half the sweetie and then fire the other half at someone in class.

Would be banned by the HSE this days as likely to kill a baby or something as ridiculous.

Dolly beads. Hit my pal a belter in the eye.

2 and you're through was a favourite of mine.

Home made weapons is almost threadworthy on its own! We used to make darts at school using a wee square of paper folded up round a drawing pin and weighted with blutak at the front and throw them at eachother

We used to make "Johnny Poppers" at school.

Cut the top off a plastic bottle, take the wee serrated ring off but keep it. You get the finger from a rubber glove. Kitchen marigolds were best. Put the finger over the bottle top and use the ring to secure it.

Great for firing peas. Although one guy used the wee metal ball bearings from a tippex bottle - hurt like f**k.

Halcyon days.

1 hour ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Anyone remember a game called Dead Man's Fall??

Was that the one where you held your breath while someone squeezed your chest from behind until you fainted?

Teachers went mental if they caught you playing that

Was that the one where you held your breath while someone squeezed your chest from behind until you fainted?

Teachers went mental if they caught you playing that

Did you do this sat down and then stood up really quickly?

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Did you do this sat down and then stood up really quickly?

Nope! All done standing up in the playground.

Would imagine it would be kinda difficult to stand up if were fainted?

Nope! All done standing up in the playground.

Would imagine it would be kinda difficult to stand up if were fainted?

Nah the rush of blood to the head made one faint after holding your breath while sat iirc. I never did it as I wasn't a total idiot.

Used to love a good hay jump.

The older lads would nick some of the farmer's bales (probably pretty pricey for him upon reflection) and put the pile at the base of a pretty big tree where they even built a jumping platform from 'acquired' mdf boards. Felt fcukin massive at the time and quite rightfully so as I've seen it again as an adult and thought "bloody hell that was high".

Shame the council chopped the jumping limb down after some new white settler kid fcuked his jump and tore his inner thigh / groin on a branch. Blood gushing everywhere, his haunting cries for his mum hobbling across the field still chilling. Those were the days.

I remember in high school guys would always do that thing when they make a circle out of their thumb and index finger helps below the waist and if anyone looked at the circle it would mean you could punch them. Certainly don't miss that fucking monstrosity.

Chap door run or budding windows. 

For some reason the new road built near me had lots of rose hip bushes and this provided ammo all summer. Highlights included getting a old man in the nuts through a window and not being able to run from laughing and getting caught one day by some begbie type with an Alsatian.

I remember sitting around spouting inconsequential shit, telling exaggerated stories and making fun of anyone who did something out of the norm.  You can't do that sort of thing anymore.  :whistle

3 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I miss not wanting to pump about 90% of women over 18 and investing significant time, effort and money in my quest to get my hole. I might have cured cancer if it wasn't for my cock.

Does your cock give people cancer? 

On 7/31/2016 at 08:35, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Anyone remember a game called Dead Man's Fall??

The pressing the chest thing was known as a "blackout sweetie" in my school.

The actual game of Dead Mans Fall was for younger kids - everyone (bar one) stood on a grassy hilly bit and chose an amusing-sounding death, which was duly given by the odd kid and they then had to act out and fall down the hill. Best death (chosen by the odd kid) became the perpetrator for the next round. Quite dull now that I actually type it out.

On 7/30/2016 at 23:31, Bairnardo said:

We used to play "blue murder". Other names include "hunt the c**t". Basically you split into two teams. The hiding team pick a word and take a letter each, the chasing team must extract letters and ultimately discover the word using any means necessary.

Proper violence ensued.

We gave this the boring name of "Code".

Football - interesting seeing the different games described. Many a similar to the ones we played.

We had "Three and you're in" where everyone shot against a single keeper. First to three took over in goals. This soon became "Three and you pick" as goalscorers preferred to stay out and show off. The only rule was that no-one could do two stints in goal, unless they asked to.

Worldy - Everyone against one keeper. If you scored you were through to the next round and eventually one person was eliminated. Each round repeated this format, with later rounds needing two or more goals to progress. If some poor bugger handled the ball there would be a cry of "penalties" - which would need the referee's (keeper's) approval. This meant a long queue to take yours and usually the handballer would be out. If numbers were quite high, this would lead to "Worldy Doubles" with random numbers choosing the pairs. Any odd number left over played alone, but if they got through they were allowed to choose one of the two eliminated players.

Beat the keeper - Everyone crossing with headers and volleys only for shooting. Wide shots counted as a goal for the keeper. First to five wins, the scorer of the last goal for the keeper then went in goal. If the keeper lost 5-0 he stayed in.

Archived