Inverness v Arbroath

TheScarf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After doing a bit of research into the Arbroath team for the CaleyThistleOnline match preview... am I right in thinking that there is a significant lack of height in the likely Arbroath team for Saturday? 

I wonder if we'll go with two up top, considering the need for a positive goal difference? Fisher scored again last night in the Wick friendly and may be suited to the new ICT style of play - where crosses are getting pinged into the box more often. 

It sounds like our back 4 will be a complete mismatch with Whatley, a semi injured Hamilton, a new loan signing? and Gary Philips across the back at absolute best, and a bench of 3 or 4 players maximum.

It may be a long afternoon :(

It sounds like our back 4 will be a complete mismatch with Whatley, a semi injured Hamilton, a new loan signing? and Gary Philips across the back at absolute best, and a bench of 3 or 4 players maximum.

It may be a long afternoon [emoji20]

At least we get to go back on Tuesday

After doing a bit of research into the Arbroath team for the CaleyThistleOnline match preview... am I right in thinking that there is a significant lack of height in the likely Arbroath team for Saturday? 

I wonder if we'll go with two up top, considering the need for a positive goal difference? Fisher scored again last night in the Wick friendly and may be suited to the new ICT style of play - where crosses are getting pinged into the box more often. 

You are correct. We certainly are not a big side.

21 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I can't even imagine what type of team we'll put out here-Scott, McCord and Little all suspended and a number of others struggling with injury. Could be a real pumping I fear.

I appreciate this info, I was considering going to this to see the majestic McCord in action. I suppose I could still go to see Hammy strutting his stuff. Shinty it is then.

I appreciate this info, I was considering going to this to see the majestic McCord in action. I suppose I could still go to see Hammy strutting his stuff. Shinty it is then.

Hamilton is a doubt too :lol: Alloa connections on Saturday will be thin on the ground. Did Prunty not used to play for Alloa?

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Hamilton is a doubt too :lol: Alloa connections on Saturday will be thin on the ground. Did Prunty not used to play for Alloa?

He did. He was very good for 6 months then disappeared in action the following season. He wasn't alone in that respect in that particular era, unfortunately. I still hold him in high regard for a double when an injury ravaged Alloa pumped the Binos 3-0 at Forthbank, and for a Marco Van Basten style volley in injury time against Stenny.

Prunty played for ICT in 2004-5 in our first SPL season. He was never really good enough at that level but he was a legend for a week when he scrambled a 90th minute equaliser at Ibrox and we all pished ourselves laughing.

Archived