Who would you save?

Would you save your loved ones?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weeperdee infamously watched on as his dad got seven shades of shite kicked out of him (and then posted about it on P&B). banana (in the unpopular opinions thread) claims that 90% of the posters calling Weeper a shitebag would actually do the same. I disagree, but let's find out.

Would you just watch on as your loved ones were physically harmed? Would you step in and help even if it meant putting your own physical wellbeing at risk? Would you actually quite enjoy watching a family member take a kicking, or even help their assailant?

Over to you, P&B

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until you are in that situation you have no idea what you would do; but if it makes you feel better to insist that you would follow a certain course of action whilst belittling someone else, well that's the joy of the Internet I suppose.

I hope you are never put in that position.

Received a detailed PM about this incident from a guy on here that witnessed it. f**k sake Weeper! Most people would jump in for mates let alone family! How does he look his Dad in the (black) eye?

In all honesty unless it wasn't 1 on 1 I just sat back and saw what happened in the past(too auld now but he believes in fair fights and all that).

Alternatively, you've ended up on a 'Running Man' style futuristic game show, in which your family and friends are about to have the shit kicked out of them, and you're charged with saving them. Let's say there's a safe room you can take them to, before heading back into the fray. Who do you try to rescue first, and who would be in tatters by the time you got around to them?

One can only imagine the elevation of sadness that must be felt on fathers day. Knowing that your son (the person you helped bring into this world) absolutely shat himself in the heat of the moment while you were at your most vulnerable. No gift would ever make up for that. The damage is permanent.

24 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Would you just watch on as your loved ones were physically harmed? No

Would you step in and help even if it meant putting your own physical wellbeing at risk? Yes

Would you actually quite enjoy watching a family member take a kicking, or even help their assailant? In one case, yes. In all others, no.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Where's the "Film it on your phone and upload it to Youtube" option?

That comes under 'No'

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Until you are in that situation you have no idea what you would do; but if it makes you feel better to insist that you would follow a certain course of action whilst belittling someone else, well that's the joy of the Internet I suppose.

I hope you are never put in that position.

I've helped my brother and stopped him getting a kicking when he was attacked by two guys after a night out before. It was a completely natural reaction to go to the aid of someone you cared about, and I didn't think twice.

Then again, I'm not a shitebag.

Thinking about this more as someone with a wee son, I'm not sure I'd want him to step in were he old enough if I thought he would likely end up also getting a kicking.

Might be worth it for his own sanity, though.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

That comes under 'No'

But the Police call that "gathering evidence"?

Whilst they stand and watch Sevconians batter lumps out of bairns and grannies, so you're right enough.

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I've helped my brother and stopped him getting a kicking when he was attacked by two guys...

d09759bdc81f1aab8a4b78544b575e82.jpg

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Then again, I'm not a shitebag.

midget-flexing.jpg

Archived