The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Gogsy, get ower yersel......AYE RIGHT.. Rat and ship?? You know I moved 6 months ago but stayed following the Hoose to the end of what almost everyone apart from the players and management and Buckie boys thought was a relegation season. I said I would as I couldn't walk away mid season when we were struggling unlike some others from the village. Everyone knew I was staying till the end of the season and that was it, so I travelled from Glasgow to St Andrews via the Buckie Bus on the last day of the season and can content myself that I stayed and would have been there on the sidelines, beneath the flag and with the lads had they gone down. They didn't and then we know what happened.. The gaffer and entire back room staff resigned, all but 4 of what had been an almost relegation standard squad left and they had no manager and 4 players. I really thought they might struggle to stay afloat. However....

The committee are all local guys who are also fans. They work hard and got a new manager from Airdrie under 20's who has brought a lot of young lads in and they are competing when they could have collapsed. The Buckie boys keep me updated and have said they were very poor at times, gutless at others and actually lucky to have no points!!!.....Until yesterday when I heard they showed some heart and held Kelty for a while before losing by 2. I hear there is some hope.

They are in dire trouble and having seen them pre season against Shettleston when the lads came through, I knew it was going to be a struggle. They will get what they get as that league rarely lies. Their ship
may be sinking but after we patched up the holes and bailed water out an almost submerged hold last season, I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed. It is easy to gloat at the misfortune of others and slag them off... I remember being at games and getting points from every team in that big league including yours, so I know the club can compete.. I hope they pick up and do themselves proud. It is a proud village with proud people and I am proud that I was part of it. But nothing stays the same forever....... My time came to move on and I left with the Hoose 2 leagues above where they were when I started following them and having had 2 promotions and survived 2 seasons in the Superleague. A wee village team like that? They deserve every credit and have my best wishes. No rats no shit....I just hope it's not "no ship"..

Good luck to you all in the Far East league. I'll tell you one thing though... I'll no miss Fife and that fkn bridge!!

MTC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinkyafro must be the only rat that's left a sinking ship to out hes been rescued by the titanic.

Let's get this straight u kelty w****r were always in the game until the ref gave the free kick for our keeper holding the ball longer than 6 seconds then use got a quick one after. Ure own support were not happy how u played. Been on a few sites and now Ure on this one. Was trying to be nice at the game yesterday and not give any abuse to Thompson. If I had my way a paedo would not be allowed in park view.

I have that feeling with my senior side I "support".......but I dont "support" them really do I? I don't go to games? I don't put any £ into the club.. It is probably more a quirk of birth (especially In Glasgow) that I howl at the TV screen occasionally and it's not even a choice. Of course my last 5 years will stay with me forever and I'll always check in to see how they are doing. I'll always be a fan but not a supporter. I went cos it was where I stayed, simple, and when I went I got as involved and was as committed as I could get. I was from there and I think you should support your local team by going along. I went to enough places in that easy region where the home "support" was shocking and the clubs were dying on their arses. I followed the local team and got to know all the lads and helped the club grow and survive with some of the stuff we did. When there I was as passionate and committed as I could be.. What sort
Of a true supporter would be any different?? I made the decision to follow the Roch as, although there are loads of teams within a small mileage radius of where I now reside, it's close to where I live and about a mile from where I grew up and went to school. I also played for them for a while so have more in common with them than I ever did with the Hoose.

I know that sometimes the stuff I write can piss people off or cause a few arguments, but it is never anything other than what I believe and I doubt anyone will say I follow a crowd or get swayed by opinion. I played long enough and know what I see without someone else trying to tell me a good player is a bad one and vice versa. I call what I see and as I have said loads of times before, I write mostly as a release for myself to keep the brain ticking over and for enjoyment. It just some happens that I use "My team"!as a focus. I tried to be as passionate and honest about the Hoose and our opponents and the events and the daft wee things that happened on a match day as I could. I'll do the same with the Roch and for the same selfish reasons. Remember though, every reply on here means someone has read about the Roch and are thinking something about them. That can't be bad for the club. Anything is better than the clubs who have no one talking or thinking about them. Think.. Ballingry, Falkirk, Harthill....... As well as the other ghost town clubs I've visited over the last 5 years with a man and a dug when the dug can be bothered. Regardless of what you think of me, you know I love my junior football and I made the decision before I even seen them play that when I came through here the Roch would be my team.

I fully admit I'm not an average fan as over the last few years football has given me more than just something to do on a Saturday. It has given me more than most will fortunately ever receive or understand. If you think that you can't do what I've done then fine. If you think that you should follow a team 30 miles from home then that's fine. If you think for some reason that I shouldn't be "allowed" to follow the Roch now as I supported Fauldhouse then that's fine. You are the sum of your parts and obviously your parts don't equal my sum. But mine do.

It would be good if you could enforce this "rule" to all walks of life.... No divorce, no changing jobs, stay in the same house, no changing pubs, no changing cars, drinking the same thing, eating the same thing, no dreams, no thoughts, no ambitions, talking the same pish with a singular unenlightened monotonic reality.. Forever and ever Amen.

"Come into the light from the darkness of the Far East".. It was a call I couldn't resist... I'd been away from home for too long...

Mon the Roots!
MTC

Hi Kinky afro  so how's it all going at the Roch how are youz fairing.

Good to hear from you Gordon. I thought you would be too busy basking in the Pumphy Glow!!
We are a good side mate. Pass the ball really well at times with a few seasoned heads with senior experience and some exciting dynamic youngsters. A good mix I think for this league. The target is promotion and after a good 5th last season and bringing in some quality additions I think they could go close.
This looks a tough league though. From what I have seen it seems more physical than the east region which only adds to the spectacle. You know I love a crunching tackle...
Hopefully catch you some time soon mate and much love to your Pumphy pie woman...

MTC

Keep the match reports/posts coming kinky.

Always a good read.

Cheers Ian, I will do. If a few folk check in and have a read and contribute by posting and think about the Roch then that can only be good for the profile of the club who are doing fantastic work in the community off the field as well. Maybe one or two might pop along if they get the chance and any any increase at the gate is worth its weight in gold. All the best for the season.
MTC

It is a strange feeling. Like realising when you are out that you haven't put on your watch... You feel strangely incomplete and although you know it isn't really the end of the world, you know you would rather it was there, on your wrist, giving you the comfort and security of it's presence. I am looking forward to the start of the league campaign but sadly I will be unable to attend THE FIRST GAME IN 5 where my "season ticket is valid"! Sod's law but I am spending it productively on a weekend trip as Daddy Daughter Time is a precious gift for me and one which, when the time calls, must be out above everything else.

Twitter shall be my lifeline tomorrow as I am murder when I miss a game and I have no doubt that Scott's Magic Phone will chirp away and keep me updated, the flow and sway and twists and turns and ups and downs. Have you ever found yourself so annoyed and uptight that you start to slag off the commentary ("What do you mean "a good chance for XY" WHIT'S HAP'NIN????) and try to telepathically transmit some abuse to the opposition? I know I do.... It is worse than knowing nothing knowing something. I remember calls to the terrace from a far off land for an update as wifi was broke so I paid the roaming charges. Worth it if you get good news, pishing money up the wall if you get my ex fan mate "Wan Tooth Wull", Fauldhouse Buckie Boy who when I called him nervously for an update one game, took umbridge at my "Jesus Wull, just tell me what's happening and stop going silent, I can't see so talk". He answered with a Buckie-ism.."ah cannae be oan the phone and talk at the same time".. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.......

I wish the lads well tomorrow and hope that they do themselves justice and get their rewards. This group of players has the look and feel very similar to the Hoose that I first watched 5 years ago with a mix of experience and youth with good strength at the back; creative players with a dig in midfield and attacking options to be big and fight or quick and nimble. I hope that for everyone concerned at the Candy that the players produce what they can, cos if they can...? Well, it will be free sweeties all round in the Candy shop come the end of the season.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it inflames the great."

I'll be checking in constantly, nervously and with everything crossed.

Mon the Twitter..
Mon the Candy!
MTC

Gonky Boy!! That was one of the best away days ever. Empty had 12 cans on the bus and 5 in the Kilwinning Masonic Club before the game then fell down they sleepers behind the goal like a monkey on a ladder!! Remember the wee guy drinking MAD DOG? I think they all were to be fair. Weren't happy when I started giving the linesman stick as well for a dodgy offside. Decent guys when they went one up but that soon turned when Kev Ross scored a diving header and I started banging their shed!! 20 facial scars and there was only seven of them... And that was just the women....
Good laugh though and they made some noise and sang well.. Till we escaped at half time!!
We are good enough to beat them based on what I saw down there but it will be a tough game.. Good atmosphere if that mad lot turn up too. we are at home and that should help...

Mon the Candy!
MTC

What game you watching comfortable my erchie. Your best midfield player was your keeper he launched the ball the full length of the park all day. Big no 51 played well for you to challenge all the long balls keeper punted in his direction, the first goal he scored in 44 mins was unstoppable great hit from 25 yards.... Up to that point don't think you could complain with nil nil. Second goal from a free kick in 47 mins decent header. The other two scored on breakaways when vale really chased the game. Take stock the long ball game deployed today won't win you the league kinky Afro has alluded to in previous posts. The no. 67 what a bad choice for that sacred number got a roasting and a half from the young 16 year old in the vale midfield, who showed him to pass keep your composure and how to inspire your fellow team mates, without greeting at all his team mates,and telling his manager to f@@k off when he gave away the ball time and time again. Who is the '67' is he new to the junior game played like a really poor amateur player or pub team player. Well done in getting the points today candy best of luck rest of the season, but that style of play will not get you far...as for the vale we passed the ball at times on the floor to some effect, but won nothing up top with two candy defenders... We are a young side but will have to grow up quick but keep the philosopy of playing the ball on the deck.

Gonky Boy!! That was one of the best away days ever. Empty had 12 cans on the bus and 5 in the Kilwinning Masonic Club before the game then fell down they sleepers behind the goal like a monkey on a ladder!! Remember the wee guy drinking MAD DOG? I think they all were to be fair. Weren't happy when I started giving the linesman stick as well for a dodgy offside. Decent guys when they went one up but that soon turned when Kev Ross scored a diving header and I started banging their shed!! 20 facial scars and there was only seven of them... And that was just the women....
Good laugh though and they made some noise and sang well.. Till we escaped at half time!!
We are good enough to beat them based on what I saw down there but it will be a tough game.. Good atmosphere if that mad lot turn up too. we are at home and that should help...

Mon the Candy!
MTC

Amazing cup day out. Even better because we beat them.[emoji106]

42 minutes ago, Argushenrik said:

What game you watching comfortable my erchie. Your best midfield player was your keeper he launched the ball the full length of the park all day. Big no 51 played well for you to challenge all the long balls keeper punted in his direction, the first goal he scored in 44 mins was unstoppable great hit from 25 yards.... Up to that point don't think you could complain with nil nil. Second goal from a free kick in 47 mins decent header. The other two scored on breakaways when vale really chased the game. Take stock the long ball game deployed today won't win you the league kinky Afro has alluded to in previous posts. The no. 67 what a bad choice for that sacred number got a roasting and a half from the young 16 year old in the vale midfield, who showed him to pass keep your composure and how to inspire your fellow team mates, without greeting at all his team mates,and telling his manager to f@@k off when he gave away the ball time and time again. Who is the '67' is he new to the junior game played like a really poor amateur player or pub team player. Well done in getting the points today candy best of luck rest of the season, but that style of play will not get you far...as for the vale we passed the ball at times on the floor to some effect, but won nothing up top with two candy defenders... We are a young side but will have to grow up quick but keep the philosopy of playing the ball on the deck.

Fair play mate you are entitled to your opinion but I can't agree that we are a "long ball team"

to be fair the 1st 45 minutes was eachy  peachy with only big Baboucarrs goal being the difference - after we scored early in second half VOC had a right go which meant we could only hit on the break - which worked out OK in the end. For the record it is other people who are talking about us challenging for the league - for me we have miles to go.

we also have a lot of young players with our goals from a 19, 20 and 21 year old.

PS our number 67 got the other one - I am 100% sure he will have a major impact for us this year 

all best to you and the Vale for the season - it will be a right good league - cheers mate 

Take stock the long ball game deployed today won't win you the league kinky Afro has alluded to in previous posts. 

ArgosHenry (is that a wee vacuum cleaner with a cheeky face for sale in that catalogue shop?)

I've certainly not claimed that The Candy will win the league but it must be the aim for any team with ambition surely? I've never seen any of the other teams in the league (we did lose to ThornyWid a few weeks ago though) so can't comment on our chances of finishing top. McBookie had us 5/1 favourites before the season started and that's what I mentioned. Sources close to the club (and the fans) tell me that we haven't been firing on all cylinders yet and there is a lot more to come. That can only be a positive after today's victory.

Despatches from the Dug Oot Terrace reached me here in the Midlands and I was delighted to hear that despite not playing great, we managed a 4-0 win to open our league campaign. 4 different scorers as well. Young players too. Solid defensive displays according to you and that doesn't surprise me. As a veteran cultured pivot myself, I revel in the virtues of a good defensive display. It was a decent start.. And it could have been worse... We could have got beaten 4-0.. like your team.

It's all early season and the Candy Shop has only been open a few weeks. But one day's good takings doesn't make a business. Some say our sweeties don't taste great yet but I know the Master Chef and his Sous Chef Candy Men are perfecting the recipe.. and see when we get it right... Your taste buds will dance in effervescent glory, your waste line will expand and you'll be calling your dentist.. Cos there ain't nothing sweeter than our Candy.

Well done to all concerned today, a fantastic start.

Mon the Recipe!
Mon the Candy!
MTC

Archived