13 Jason McCormick
14 Robert Maguire
16 Baboucarr Musa
17 Dom Febers
18 Przemyslaw Dachnowicz
23 Ryan Jack
27 Johnny Carter
67 John Sweeney

No Houston in nets...strong a squad as we can hope to have. Only Kieran Martin, Stephen Bryson an Steven Logan missing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rednblack said:

Never in a million years is it worse now, it may seem as though it is because you are following St Rochs if you embrace and thrive off the back of the Celtic connection then that's always going to happen. That's the reality of the situation.

Edit I'm of a green and white persuasion. Just for the record.

Good post bud.You never fail to surprise!:lol:

6 hours ago, Hampden85 said:

F**k 'Em All!! 

F**k 'Em All!!

The bigots,  racists,  Larkhall.. 

Cause we are the St. Rochs and we are the best

We are the Candy so f**k all the rest!!! 

Nice song......

Maybe you could get in touch with 'The Wolftones' & ask them to  re release 'graffiti on the wall' & make it a 'double A side' with your catchy wee ditty. All profits could be donated to a charity of your choice..

41 minutes ago, blue manalishi said:

Nice song......

Maybe you could get in touch with 'The Wolftones' & ask them to  re release 'graffiti on the wall' & make it a 'double A side' with your catchy wee ditty. All profits could be donated to a charity of your choice..

Good shout mate

I have not posted on this forum for some time after getting back to business following a period of ill-health, but this thread requires some clarification and some defusing of bad blood and bile.

Firstly, Congratulations to the Jags Took us too long to get back to the Superleagues.. Congratulations to Cambuslang Rangers ( in my opinion overall the best team in the league- however, I suspect we may still win the league ).Commiserations to St Rochs, who are undoubtedly an up and coming team, who are also positively and actively engaged in their community. I am sure you will get up next year, this year was an exceptional contest.

BUT, now the bad stuff. I utterly condemn the behaviour of of some fans who turned out to support the Jags on Saturday. No reservations. However, bigotry is a two-way street. I suggest looking at the videos online of the St Rochs supporters bus on Saturday - belting out IRA ditties. They have also been involved in numerous incidents this season ( V Kilwinning, Thorniewood, Wishaw etc ) , so it shows there continues to be issues with their support. Some St Rochs posters have not done themselves any favours with recent posts, for example ditties about Larkhall and its supposed sexual proclivities. Do not treat people in this forum as fools, it is too easy to see through it. Given the past history of this fixture and what was at stake, some of the nonsense on Saturday was , sadly, expected and anticipated, and well done the Jags committee for all the preparations. St Rochs have on their website high ideals, it would be great to live up to them.

How ironic that the Jags could have been called Larkhall Celtic. In a comparison of players to Celtic ( with St Rochs ), Larkhall Thistle would win hands down. It may make sense locally to rename the stadium with the name of their greatest ever player, but it then totally puts them in one camp and reinforces the perception of them. The Jags home will always be Gasworks Park ( gasworks long gone ), but we would be spoilt for choice for names, perhaps the Jimmy McStay Stadium or the John Clark Park would please the St Rochs fans. I would go for the Alex Raisbeck Stdium.

I am glad Saturday is over, and wish all bigotry ceases tonight.

Best of luck and good wishes to everyone.

5 hours ago, dreggin said:

I am a Medda fan but my grandson plays for the Talbot that's why I will be Dervil

Well said Dreggin, you go where you like ( via The Crown & the Dreghorn Inn , my old haunts )

8 hours ago, Hampden85 said:

F**k 'Em All!! 

F**k 'Em All!!

The bigots,  racists,  Larkhall.. 

Cause we are the St. Rochs and we are the best

We are the Candy so f**k all the rest!!! 

Sad.

Eurovision Song Contest was last week, Garngad didnt have an entry

1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

I have not posted on this forum for some time after getting back to business following a period of ill-health, but this thread requires some clarification and some defusing of bad blood and bile.

Firstly, Congratulations to the Jags Took us too long to get back to the Superleagues.. Congratulations to Cambuslang Rangers ( in my opinion overall the best team in the league- however, I suspect we may still win the league ).Commiserations to St Rochs, who are undoubtedly an up and coming team, who are also positively and actively engaged in their community. I am sure you will get up next year, this year was an exceptional contest.

BUT, now the bad stuff. I utterly condemn the behaviour of of some fans who turned out to support the Jags on Saturday. No reservations. However, bigotry is a two-way street. I suggest looking at the videos online of the St Rochs supporters bus on Saturday - belting out IRA ditties. They have also been involved in numerous incidents this season ( V Kilwinning, Thorniewood, Wishaw etc ) , so it shows there continues to be issues with their support. Some St Rochs posters have not done themselves any favours with recent posts, for example ditties about Larkhall and its supposed sexual proclivities. Do not treat people in this forum as fools, it is too easy to see through it. Given the past history of this fixture and what was at stake, some of the nonsense on Saturday was , sadly, expected and anticipated, and well done the Jags committee for all the preparations. St Rochs have on their website high ideals, it would be great to live up to them.

How ironic that the Jags could have been called Larkhall Celtic. In a comparison of players to Celtic ( with St Rochs ), Larkhall Thistle would win hands down. It may make sense locally to rename the stadium with the name of their greatest ever player, but it then totally puts them in one camp and reinforces the perception of them. The Jags home will always be Gasworks Park ( gasworks long gone ), but we would be spoilt for choice for names, perhaps the Jimmy McStay Stadium or the John Clark Park would please the St Rochs fans. I would go for the Alex Raisbeck Stdium.

Martin Mulhearn Arena.

1 minute ago, dreggin said:

Was wee Jum no fae Stonehoose

No, Ashgill, Larkhall. ( I think he played for the Violet for 1 season )

Scored 59 goals for us in 1 season.

His father " Speeder " McLean played for us too and was a Junior International.

Heres a collection of Larkhall / Larkhall Thistle football families;

1. The McLeans   Jim, Tommy, Willie

2. The McStays - 3 generations, many of them Thistle stalwarts ( older generation ) including Jimmy who played for and managed Celtic

3. The Gibsons- Neil, captain of Rangers, 3 sons all professionals, including Jimmy, a Wembley Wizard ( Aston Villa )

4. The Bakers- Gerry ( USA ) Joe ( England )

1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

Good post. It's a difficult one...as recently as six or seven years ago, the Roch were a team on their last legs, with maybe just a couple of dozen regular fans. The turnaround has been remarkable, as has the level of community engagement they're now involved in - they deserve nothing but praise on those fronts - but I fear it's perhaps come at a cost.

Unfortunately, nailing their colours so unequivocally to the mast of another side will mean that trouble is likely to follow them, and in many places they're likely to travel to, the local mouthbreathers will be out in force to meet them - I'd be surprised if unconscionable racist p***ks like Monkeyman even knew where Gasworks Park was previous to Saturday for instance .

While trouble is likely to follow them, it's sad to say it's equally likely to be started by them - there now unfortunately seems to be an element of their support who regard their games as 1:72 scale models of another team's matches, and conduct themselves accordingly. They're in a degree of danger of becoming the team that cried wolf - it can't always be someone's else's fault...

The Juniors are thankfully by and large free of the poison generated by the Ugly Sisters that permeates society in the West of Scotland - on the rare occasion you see it, it tends to come from the one-game-a-season gloryhunters, but the last thing we need is for it to rear its head at our level.

5 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

No, Ashgill, Larkhall. ( I think he played for the Violet for 1 season )

Scored 59 goals for us in 1 season.

His father " Speeder " McLean played for us too and was a Junior International.

Heres a collection of Larkhall / Larkhall Thistle football families;

1. The McLeans   Jim, Tommy, Willie

2. The McStays - 3 generations, many of them Thistle stalwarts ( older generation ) including Jimmy who played for and managed Celtic

3. The Gibsons- Neil, captain of Rangers, 3 sons all professionals, including Jimmy, a Wembley Wizard ( Aston Villa )

4. The Bakers- Gerry ( USA ) Joe ( England )

Was it Tam Forsyth that was from Stonehouse?, I remember now about Ashgill now re the McLeans

8 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Good post. It's a difficult one...as recently as six or seven years ago, the Roch were a team on their last legs, with maybe just a couple of dozen regular fans. The turnaround has been remarkable, as has the level of community engagement they're now involved in - they deserve nothing but praise on those fronts - but I fear it's perhaps come at a cost.

Unfortunately, nailing their colours so unequivocally to the mast of another side will mean that trouble is likely to follow them, and in many places they're likely to travel to, the local mouthbreathers will be out in force to meet them - I'd be surprised if unconscionable racist p***ks like Monkeyman even knew where Gasworks Park was previous to Saturday for instance .

While trouble is likely to follow them, it's sad to say it's equally likely to be started by them - there now unfortunately seems to be an element of their support who regard their games as 1:72 scale models of another team's matches, and conduct themselves accordingly. They're in a degree of danger of becoming the team that cried wolf - it can't always be someone's else's fault...

The Juniors are thankfully by and large free of the poison generated by the Ugly Sisters that permeates society in the West of Scotland - on the rare occasion you see it, it tends to come from the one-game-a-season gloryhunters, but the last thing we need is for it to rear its head at our level.

Thanks. 

Agree entirely with you comments. 

For whats it worth, there have also been great posts from some Roch guys on here, such as Kinky Afro and Glenconner

Their community engagement is laudable

They have risen, but seem to have a lot of nouveau fans who dont seem to know what the Juniors is all about. Most are not interested- in this area- about middle eastern geopolitics, or long past Irish politics.

Archived