The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

On 14 May 2017 at 14:09, roch said:

Yesterday was a sore one personally, it's still hurting and will for a while however yesterday is not where we lost promotion, losing at home to Forth, dropping silly points is where we lost promotion. We have still had a great season and it ain't finished yet. This team is still growing and if we hadn't had long term injuries especially Chucky who was running riot before his injury and Steven Who was holding the midfield tight before injury then who knows but the boys are all together. We are hurting as a team and there have been tears. The experience of this year with a squad who stay together along with one maybe two new players should give us a better chance of winning next season. We have been sensational at times, we have been utter gash at times, we have been naive at times but we have the experience of almost being good enough to get out of a very very hard league. It's been a great journey and there's plenty of road ahead for the Candy to enjoy. We have made new friends along the way, we have found new foes! We have games next season that will be tasty and we will meet new teams who will find themselves in a very hard league. As always everyone will be welcome at JMcG and our love affair with the Candy will continue. To the management team, the medical team, the players, the committee and as always to a fabulous, tenacious, boisterous and often witty fan base thank you personally for giving me a wonderful season, we were not quite there this season but one thing is for sure, no one likes coming to JMcG because they know that very few leave with many points. I believe we still have the best defence in the league although stretched in recent games. God bless you all and see you all on Wednesday at Yoker. emoji256.pngemoji172.pngemoji517.png MTC

Excellent post.

Opened up with a dismal league cup section back in August and out the Junior Cup at home to Kilwinning Rangers. An early league game defeat at home to Benburb and i thought here we go, this is going to be a long long season. And yet the two Cambuslang Rangers victories and that West of Scotland 4-0 win v Petershill stand out. Pollok v St Roch's, playing with the big boys. The 4-2 league win just before we played Larkhall Thistle at home which set us right up and the regulars knew stats wise we couldn't be relegated. The last two League cup ties i thought, game over for us against Super League opposition and yet we're going to Yoker this Wednesday night!!! 

Thank you Andy and the lads.

Massive respect.

See you all out at Holm Park.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14 May 2017 at 14:43, ihateshearer said:

Wasnt at the game yesterday and had no real interest in the outcome other than who Wishaw would be playing next season.Both teams obviously have an unhealthy element attached to them,what can be done about it is a problem better men than me have failed with.Living away from Wishaw I rarely have the opportunity to attend the Beltane though did manage to make the abandoned St Rochs game.A great game but the behaviour of a minority of Candy fans was deplorable including the clown (egged on by the goalie) attacking the Wishaw dugout and one group of youngsters chasing a few young Wishaw boys.Only time I've been called a Masonic b*****d.

Thankfully most of these type of village idiot posts will be over by the end of the week.

Brilliant
This is a journey we take together as a club and a support and despite the heartache we will all be back on this crazy old journey again on Wednesday night and like every journey you sometimes get a little lost or tired on the way but ultimately you will eventually reach your destination and I believe ours to be a successful team playing in the super league.
I would also like to thank the players and the gaffer for taking us all on this wonderful journey with them and it's something I'm so thankful and delighted to be part of .

Thank you mate, teams that stay together play together and the support we get is second to none

Excellent post.
Opened up with a dismal league cup section back in August and out the Junior Cup at home to Kilwinning Rangers. An early league game defeat at home to Benburb and i thought here we go, this is going to be a long long season. And yet the two Cambuslang Rangers victories and that West of Scotland 4-0 win v Petershill stand out. Pollok v St Roch's, playing with the big boys. The 4-2 league win just before we played Larkhall Thistle at home which set us right up and the regulars knew stats wise we couldn't be relegated. The last two League cup ties i thought, game over for us against Super League opposition and yet we're going to Yoker this Wednesday night!!! 
Thank you Andy and the lads.
Massive respect.
See you all out at Holm Park.

Thank you mate, it's been a rollercoaster and although I would have preferred a better finish I wouldn't have missed it. We have taken a few scalps this season and people are starting to take notice. MTC [emoji517]

How about sticking your user name into Google and seeing what comes up. You might feel you need to change it after reading the results, if you're statement above is to have any credibility.

Again a very ill informed and ignorant post instead of running away to google to find something more sinister to prove your point with whataboutry you only had to ask me and I would have told you that my username is in reference to the graffiti of the badge on the wall at the far end behind the goal at JMP and I also take a flag to every game which depicts the roch badge on a wall with the words graffiti on the wall below it

So if you want to accuse me of something come armed with your facts before making cheap accusations based on a google search

On 14 May 2017 at 14:43, glensmad said:

How about sticking your user name into Google and seeing what comes up. You might feel you need to change it after reading the results, if you're statement above is to have any credibility.

When did the Linn O Dee close down?

Again a very ill informed and ignorant post instead of running away to google to find something more sinister to prove your point with whataboutry you only had to ask me and I would have told you that my username is in reference to the graffiti of the badge at the far end behind the goal at JMP and I also take a flag to every game which depicts the roch badge on a wall with the words graffiti on the wall below it
So if you want to accuse me of something come armed with your facts before making cheap accusations based on a google search

Lol, ok. [emoji23]

Space cadets that support teams in a completely different league on to give the regulars at the Candy a hard time. Talk about giving themselves away.

Effin Laughable.

Definitely glenconner they just can't seem to accept we only follow the candy and always looking for something that's not there

Our support follow the club regardless of who else is playing on a Saturday or Wednesday and that gets right on there nerves lol [emoji23]

You have to see this forum for what it is. It is the online equivalent of a pub arguement. If you are looking for a fight you can find one and you often hear bollox passes of as opinion. Some people ignore the arse holes in pubs and some people try to win the unwinnable arguement. An idiot talking pish in the pub is still an idiot talking pish even if no one challenges him. Let it ride lads.... there are some clubs that no one talks about. We have our bad points but the good of the club far outweighs them.
Ps.... the pub can also contain some fanny rambling on and talking bollox... I thank you!! [emoji23]

Anyway enough of this Junior banter, i'm away to watch a local church parade. I know all the word to the tunes. I learned them yesterday at Larkhall.

My old man said follow the band..........

If a larkhall fan racially abused a candy player in front of police it's an absolute disgrace he wasn't dealt with.

What a farce tho the roch fans getting all offended about songs :lol: 

There the biggest bigots in junior football. 

You have to see this forum for what it is. It is the online equivalent of a pub arguement. If you are looking for a fight you can find one and you often hear bollox passes of as opinion. Some people ignore the arse holes in pubs and some people try to win the unwinnable arguement. An idiot talking pish in the pub is still an idiot talking pish even if no one challenges him. Let it ride lads.... there are some clubs that no one talks about. We have our bad points but the good of the club far outweighs them.
Ps.... the pub can also contain some fanny rambling on and talking bollox... I thank you!! [emoji23]

Your way with words is brilliant big man never fails to make me laugh and your usually always on the money [emoji106]

Archived