The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Went and saw the Candy at a cold and windswept Allan Glens tonight. Finished 4-3 to Harp. This was a complete scratch team with centre forwards at full back etc and not a player playing in position. A good run out for some match shy players non the less and some good performances from the new lads Pinnio and Burns.

Saw the strangest thing ever with the last kick of the game..... ref awards a penalty to the Candy and then sends their keeper off for arguing.. wee sub keeper comes on and dives for the penalty, misses and breaks his arm[emoji30] game stops for a few minutes then ref blows for full time... poor lad. This wasn't a game for the purest but a good run out for some. Onto Saturday and a huge game against Wishaw at JMcG.
Mon the Candy! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2017 at 14:00, Glenconner said:

Fixtures taken from the SJFA site

April 15 Wishaw (H) 2pm 

April 19 Pollok (A) 6.30pm

April 22 Greenock (H) 2pm

April 26 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (A) 6.30pm

On 4/11/2017 at 14:01, ScottMcCorry said:

Midweek v Pollok. Stinker!!

Pollok vs St Roch's has been moved to Saturday 22nd

I'm not a fan of these bounce matches especially at the business end of the season .
I understand it's good maybe for guys lacking match fitness but for me it's a risk and would rather light training sessions as the games are coming quick and fast anyway and I don't see what benefits you gain by playing forwards in defence and the like as playing players in such an unfamiliar role again runs the risk of needless injuries as they start doing things and making decisions they would never make in the usual positions and finally a word of praise for the ref tonight who used common sense to ask for a player to be subbed rather than red carded which would have led to a needless suspension.

Young Candy keeper Aedan was already carrying a foot injury and aggravated it. Said it got stuck under him and he twisted it. Some of the lads needed a run out as they have been either injured, suspended or on the bench so it done them good in that regard to get people into some sort of match fitness. Big few weeks coming up and we really need everyone fit......
MTC [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

The Wishae Washae should be shutting the Chinese laundries and boarding their magic carpets for a trip from the Orient (Can you call Wishae the "Far East"?) to reek revenge on the nasty Abanazur Roch for the henchman referee of the lamp who stole their 3 points purely and simply because a wee guy broke his jaw and was floored for half a hour.. "oh no he didn't" "oh aye he fekn did" shouts The beautiful Princess JasmineSpud... or is that guy Spud Aladdin distress??? Boooooo Hissssssss. He's behind you.... we will be there behind the Candy.. but who's lamp is going to get rubbed?..... stall tickets £5/£2.50... you've got to love the Provanmill Pantomime.
Mon the Candy!
MTC [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

An Easter miracle today as the dead and buried Candy rose late on after Starkie rolled the boulder away with a penalty save whilst 3 down with 20 to go to claim a lucky point. 3-0 down and facings penalty with 20 to go we somehow scored 3 and had one sent off and had a free kick late on with everyone up tussling and pushing and trying for the winner, Keiron Martin getting a red for his troubles. This was the best of times and this was the worst of times. A Tale of 2 Pity's. Pity 1- if we could have started the way we finished we could have won this game. Pity 2- our own lack of self discipline and self control caused the problem. It's one thing getting beaten by a decent side which Wishaw were but it is another when chaos descends and you let yourselves down. Credit for not giving up and to the fans for sticking with the lads and encouraging and shouting and promoting them onwards to an unlikely point. Wishaw must be sick as dogs having done so well with a scratch team (7 out apparently).
I spoke to Spud and the Wishae Sectretary. Spud was on the bench such was their plight and we shook hands and agreed to say hello again at their place, old P&B rivalries put aside as they should be. The Wishae secretary then produced a copy of their appeal letter (we discussed this months ago) and admonished me for calling his club an embarrassment for appealing the decision. It transpires that what they appealed was the SJFA decision to make a decision without allowing them a say!! (I don't think he said that at the time though and was claiming the result should have stood) If as he contended they weren't going to appeal the decision to replay it thenwhat did they want to say at the original hearing? I am not even getting back into this as I suspect the old boy was quite happy I listened to him and agreed he had the right to appeal whatever they want, to whoever they want. I stand by my claim that any club who wanted the result as was to stand at the time of abandonment was wrong. Us or them or anyone else. I think we shook hands and parted on good terms.
Here comes the P&B rant...... I know I am a diplomat and whilst I more than anyone had and have a passion for football and can stand my ground (and had and have to often,) there is a way to do it and the way we did it in the first half and at times in the second was shocking. Fighting for your life and for the points doesn't mean you need to fight like we did. I suspect a few folk will feel they let themselves down... and if they don't then they should. You are responsible for your own actions and standards and some slipped today. It wasn't nice to see and left a bitter Easter taste on the tongue of what on the face of it is an Easter rising to nick 3 late goals for a point. Football bloody does ma nut in sometimes. I'm a moany bugger I know and I'm away for a lie down....
Regardless of it all, it is still Mon the Candy. [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

What a second half today, we were shocking in first half but overpowered wishaw in the second half. Wishaw were fast and clinical in first half at the same time as the worst Roch 45 mins in a long time

What a second half today, we were shocking in first half but overpowered wishaw in the second half. Wishaw were fast and clinical in first half at the same time as the worst Roch 45 mins in a long time

Overpowered is a strong word is it not?? The managers antics were overpowering when he was apparently headered!! I could feel the embarrassment coming from the crowd! He rolled about that much that the embarrassment nearly fell from his face when he was sent off! That maybe helped him [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Nope it's not a strong word and I was talking about the play on the pitch, the Roch over powered you in the second half and didn't give you much time in the ball. I noticed you didn't pull me up for my first half synopsis [emoji849]

23 minutes ago, Beckanbaur said:

The wind unfortunately killed the game today I thought. No one had control of the ball and both teams scored 3 with the wind at their backs

Thought the wind was a factor although it blowing across the pitch rather than the normal West to East.

Archived