New Blair Witch movie

Ira Gaines

So it turns out that Adam Wingard has actually been working on the new Blair Witch sequel, which was previously titled The Woods. The fact that it's Wingard directing and Barrett writing gives me a lot of hope, given their work before. It's going to be simply called Blair Witch and goes with the found footage style again.

I like the concept. The brother of someone involved in the first decides to go search for them.

Cool. Although, the trailer I just watched basically looks like a remake. Hopefully it's more interesting than that. Also, it''s a shame Myrick and Sanchez don't seem to be involved, considering they've been wanting to do another one at various times over the years.

PA, Blair Witch 2 was a massive ball of shite and had very little to do with the original, although I haven't seen it since it was in the cinemas.

The second one is utterly gash tbh. Not much chance of getting creeped out. Hell, might even be entertained by how god awful it is. Early reviews suggest this one is a fair bit better, although reviews this early should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

7 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Cool. Although, the trailer I just watched basically looks like a remake. Hopefully it's more interesting than that. Also, it''s a shame Myrick and Sanchez don't seem to be involved, considering they've been wanting to do another one at various times over the years.

PA, Blair Witch 2 was a massive ball of shite and had very little to do with the original, although I haven't seen it since it was in the cinemas.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The second one is utterly gash tbh. Not much chance of getting creeped out. Hell, might even be entertained by how god awful it is. Early reviews suggest this one is a fair bit better, although reviews this early should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Cheers, fellaes - saved me an hour and a half of shite in the woods.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Cheers, fellaes - saved me an hour and a half of shite in the woods.

I don't think most of it even takes place in the woods, IIRC  :(

By the sounds of it, it's more of an attempt at a reboot than a remake, which'd make sense given that it's a direct sequel to the first one. I've got a fair bit of trust in the Wingard/Barrett partnership though.

I thought the first one was brilliant, people moaned about not seeing anything but this made it much better.

It was a game changer, look at all the found footage films since. In the top ten horror films for me. 

32 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

No bears, then. :(

No, you're thinking of The Charles Green Project.

That was absolutely spinechilling TBF.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It was based on a film called The Last Broadcast, of course - one particular bit of that scared the living shite out of me - could NOT get to fucking sleep. :(

I know what you're talking about - the sudden change in style was quite unnerving. Shame they didn't know what to do with the film after that. Pretty decent effort all round.

The Blair Witch boys took a few pelters for supposedly ripping off one of the (at the time) forgotten big daddies of horror, Cannibal Holocaust, which I don't think was very fair in retrospect. The Last Broadcast was much closer overall. Funny to think that the found footage idea was so unusual back then.

The Last Broadcast's final act is absolutely fucking fantastic. The whole movie is actually quite good, but that final act, and one moment in particular, is just truly horrifying. A proper "HOLY MOTHER OF f**k!!!" moment which turned the entire thing up about 100 notches.

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The Last Broadcast's final act is absolutely fucking fantastic. The whole movie is actually quite good, but that final act, and one moment in particular, is just truly horrifying. A proper "HOLY MOTHER OF f**k!!!" moment which turned the entire thing up about 100 notches.

That's the bit right there. :(

Absolutely no fucking chance I'm getting to sleep the night. :lol:

The folk looking for films to remake could do a lot worse than The Last Broadcast. It wasn't exactly a mainstream hit originally (although it looks like it made $4-5m on a budget of $900 - yowzah), and I think it's pretty much forgotten outside of dedicated genre fans. Not that I'm saying it really needs it, just that it would be a better bet than another remake of a film that had a big original release.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

That's the bit right there. :(

Absolutely no fucking chance I'm getting to sleep the night. :lol:

I usually find the best thing to do in those circumstances is to confront the fear head on. Give it another watch before you turn in.

Spoiler

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I mind getting home and being shit feart to put the lights on incase some c**t was standing in a corner!! emoji23.png

^^^ this

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Again, 100% agree. It's up there with Jeepers Creepers in the drivel stakes. Utter tripe of the highest order.

I actually didn't mind Jeepers Creepers  :ph34r:

It starts well and falls apart after a while. Although, the fact I paid money to see a film made by a convicted BEAST should probably see me in the jail. I plead ignorance, your honour.

First Jeepers Creepers was alright while it was a straight up road chase style movie. It was a bit shit beyond that.

I think if Blair Witch never got the hype it got as some sort of utter scare-fest it'd have been received much better than it was. People went in expecting a different style from what we got.

Archived