New Blair Witch movie

Ira Gaines

I've done tons of hillwalking, climbing and camping since I was a boy.

Not long after seeing Blair Witch I took my youngest daughter on a camping/fishing trip up north to quite a remote spot.

At one point in the night I reckon a sheep or a deer was outside the tent and all I could think of was that bloody film.  I was actually crapping myself to look outside.

Had to act all brave in front of my daughter - I swear I was near to tears that night, total heads gone moment.

Only do festivals and campsites these days.

Aye, the first half hour or so of Jeepers Creepers is outstanding and gives off a genuinely terrifying vibe but the film really falls to pieces when it's revealed the bad guy is actually a giant bat.

I remember thinking The Blair Witch Project was good without ever being great (although there are some good moments in it - Michael's breakdown which sees him kicking the map into the river, Heather's famous and much-parodied monologue to the camera, and the final scene). I'm not sure that, in this day and age, the franchise needs a sequel - the first is perfectly contained, and found-footage movies have been done to death - but I'll look out for it all the same.

Incidentally, what is the scariest movie you've ever seen? It's not a movie but Eugene Tooms from The X Files gave me terrible nightmares for months when I was a boy.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Incidentally, what is the scariest movie you've ever seen? It's not a movie but Eugene Tooms from The X Files gave me terrible nightmares for months when I was a boy.

Halloween when I was a loon definitely.  In more recent times I found REC to be seriously unnerving.

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

100% agree, but it's better that you only ever see it once IMO... Totally unnerved me and my mates without a doubt as hardly anyone spoke or would admit to being spooked in the car on the way home. Just mind some heavy blazing of joints to make us stoned and sleepy cos we'd have been awake and scared all night otherwise! I mind getting home and being shit feart to put the lights on incase some c**t was standing in a corner!! emoji23.png

Again, 100% agree. It's up there with Jeepers Creepers in the drivel stakes. Utter tripe of the highest order.

Only other film that did that to me was The Ring. Had a smoke at a mates house and he casually handed it and I watched it when I got in and dozed off to wake up to the ending. I put a towel over the TV that night.

:lol:

Thankfully, I'm not the only person who was genuinely disturbed by Jeepers Creepers up until they knocked the guy down and he sprouted wings and started flying. I've never had a horror movie drain my suspense and enthusiasm so quickly with one act of gross stupidity. 

Blair Witch was fun, but a difficult watch in the cinema given I had severe nausea from the motion by about 3/4s of it. That last scene was creepy as all levels of f**k, though. 

Halloween still creeps me out. It's still the daddy of slasher flicks because there's a proper menace to it still (compared to say Friday 13th which I find a bit silly). I reckon The Exorcist is damn near perfect though.  Keepers Creepers can go f**k itself.

Agree on the above re:The Exorcist. Snuck in to the re-release underage and sniggered through most of it. Hasn't age well in terms of tension/atmosphere i don't think. The only time anything related to The Exorcist ever shat me up was cutting through the Tryst home one night and Tubular fucking Bells came on my ipod shuffle.

The Last Broadcast's final act is absolutely fucking fantastic. The whole movie is actually quite good, but that final act, and one moment in particular, is just truly horrifying. A proper "HOLY MOTHER OF f**k!!!" moment which turned the entire thing up about 100 notches.

I just watched it and is the bit your referring to about the still becoming fully enhanced?

It wasn't a bad film but I was expecting something more horrorish

Aye.

Yeah I watched it based on the reviews on this thread and it wasn't the worst horror I've watched, the premise and film style was good, I'm a sucker for things 90's and well I felt let down by the ending, it was a good twist but poorly executed

Archived