League Cup Prize Money

Gordon EF

Probably been posted somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone know how prize money is divided under the new format. It was mentioned on another thread that finishing higher in the groups means more cash.

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Probably been posted somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone know how prize money is divided under the new format. It was mentioned on another thread that finishing higher in the groups means more cash.

It may do, but I don't see it being anything close to a significant amount.

Thanks. Obviously not game changing amounts to play for between 3rd and 5th but £8k or £15k are pretty significant amounts for smaller clubs. Decent amount of money in the League cup. Can't remember the figure but I'm sure we got a pretty substantial amount for getting to the QFs a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

£15k for 5th, £17k for 4th, £19k for 3rd, £23k if one of 4 second place teams that don't qualify for last 16, knocked out in last 16 £30k

Any word on what it is from the quarter finals onwards?

Just now, Marr1 said:

Any word on what it is from the quarter finals onwards?

The 4 quarter-final losers get £50,000 each, the losing semi-finalists will each receive £70,000. The runner-up gets £100,000 with the winner getting £200,000 in prize money.

Clubs shown live on BT Sport in the group stages will earn £10,000 each. The payment rises to £20,000 per team for games broadcast from the second round to the semis with £30,000 handed to each Betfred Cup finalist.

Archived