The social disease that is senior football

ManOnABike

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HTG said:

I tip my hat to you Itzdrk sir - from a standing start of "thickos" you've been rewarded in spades. Who'd have thunk it?!

Ironically though he is the thickest of them all.

A Somerset Park pie has more brains than him

14 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Maybe so but without him we'd have had to focus on the original point. 

30 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

It's just he commits the the one truly unforgivable sin of being boring.

Reminds me of that one guy you find in every pub who no-one can go who'll tell a joke, and when nobody laughs will proceed to tell it again.

2 hours ago, PrivateLumley said:

As an Englishman I'd just like to say we don't have anything like Junior Football. I look forward to my regular trips north (8 or 9 times a season) with great relish. Last season I took my local Priest (a Blackpool FC fan) to the Hurlford v Talbot Junior cup 1/4 final and he was completely awestruck by the occasion as a whole, loving the ground, passionate but friendly support, the play and most of all the unexpected (by him) high standard of the whole occasion. 5 or 6 quid for a quality product. Long may it continue, or at least as long as I have a company car to cope with the 400+ mile round trips. I don't mean this unkindly but on the first visit it does feel a little like visiting the twighlight zone where football has stood still, makes it a fine and gripping experience. If you think you are able to sniff me out at a game, tap me on the shoulder and we'll have a natter.

Back in the day at Auchinleck Working Mens Club if you tapped anybody on the shoulder that meant you had to dance with them. God I loved the 70's!

As an Englishman I'd just like to say we don't have anything like Junior Football. I look forward to my regular trips north (8 or 9 times a season) with great relish. Last season I took my local Priest (a Blackpool FC fan) to the Hurlford v Talbot Junior cup 1/4 final and he was completely awestruck by the occasion as a whole, loving the ground, passionate but friendly support, the play and most of all the unexpected (by him) high standard of the whole occasion. 5 or 6 quid for a quality product. Long may it continue, or at least as long as I have a company car to cope with the 400+ mile round trips. I don't mean this unkindly but on the first visit it does feel a little like visiting the twighlight zone where football has stood still, makes it a fine and gripping experience. If you think you are able to sniff me out at a game, tap me on the shoulder and we'll have a natter.

Hopefully see you at the Peasy this year if you are up to give Finnigan abuse.

3 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

It's just he commits the the one truly unforgivable sin of being boring.

Reminds me of that one guy you find in every pub who no-one can go who'll tell a joke, and when nobody laughs will proceed to tell it again.

This is where i say something about junior thickos amirite? 

4 hours ago, HTG said:

I tip my hat to you Itzdrk sir - from a standing start of "thickos" you've been rewarded in spades. Who'd have thunk it?!

I Just wonder what QL said to Gordon Sawers? 

'Gordon, it is with a heavy heart that i contact you today...." 

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This is where i say something about junior thickos amirite? 

Well, yeah. God knows it's a grade of football that I can see from the inside isn't what you would call short of material to have a pop at, but to appear periodically with exactly the same patter...

14 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

Whither he is or isn't doesn't change the fact that he has problems and doesn't give anyone the right to use his face as an avatar or attack him personally on a football forum.
Those people are the arseholes in IMO.

My heart fucking bleeds for him. No, wait, it doesn't. My heart bleeds for his 10 year old son who was left in tears whilst his father was ejected from the ground for being an abusive dickhead, leaving the boy to be comforted by randon fans round about him as he sat parentless while said father was outside the ground filming and uploading another of his rants to try and garner some internet fame. If you're speaking to your wee pal again about his "problems", tell him his main problem is that he's a shite dad and a c**t of the first order.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What is this "he has problems" shite?

We can all clearly see he has problems. Since when was being a deplorable, horrible b*****d of a man not widely considered a problem?

Perhaps if he has genuine health concerns he should consider, for the good of the young lad the whole of Scotland seen humiliated, seeking help instead of behaving like a grade A arsehole.

GIRUY Gordon ya arse.

Please don't say that, you'll upset his wee friend Quantum Leap. He has problems don't you know. He is above reproach.

18 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Imagine Sawyers was yer da.

:(

I was a few rows behind them, the kid was begging, literally begging, his dad not to start his shite and pulling at his arm trying to get him to sit down and stop swearing and shouting at the Falkirk player and Killie stewards, crying his wee eyes out. Sawers can fall off a cliff for doing that to his son.

Well firstly, the assumption that senior football is a "social disease" is a load of shite. That in turn invites ridicule. That quickly shifts to the search for bites  (taken in spades) and then becomes a circular heap of pish with some decent levels of mud slinging. 

It's a recipe for a p and b saga/soap opera. The boy with the popcorn gif early doors called it spot on.  

It's just the Internet though.  Hints of Gold Forum emerging all the same. 

Just reached the end of p1 so far, but if Junior football and its governance is such a paradise how come more clubs (numerically or proportionally) fold or go into abeyance every year than Senior football (assuming OP means all Senior football not SPFL - no-one in SPFL has folded since Gretna FC and, depending on your definition, Rangers)? How come you find more threads in this sub-forum criticising how things are run and who runs them than any other?

Also can something really be a 'social disease' when well over 90% of fans choose it?

On 26 July 2016 at 22:40, Dipple burn said:

Back in the day at Auchinleck Working Mens Club if you tapped anybody on the shoulder that meant you had to dance with them. God I loved the 70's!

Ur ye dancing?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived