Why no polls?

2 hours ago, Sooky said:

Amazing what different sources give you

IMG_1489531283.808477.jpg

From what I saw the Yougov poll asked people what they thought the referendum result would be, with 3 of the 4 options being variations of a vote to remain in the UK. Hardly an accurate snapshot of voting intentions!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

From what I saw the Yougov poll asked people what they thought the referendum result would be, with 3 of the 4 options being variations of a vote to remain in the UK. Hardly an accurate snapshot of voting intentions!

Also didn't include 16-17 yr olds and don't knows were high at 20%, IIRC.

The Times propaganda story with the manipulated Yougov poll which headlined today in their newspaper seems to have been over shadowed by the Scottish Social Attitudes survey which shows support for Independence at it's highest level ever!  

The Times propaganda story with the manipulated Yougov poll which headlined today in their newspaper seems to have been over shadowed by the Scottish Social Attitudes survey which shows support for Independence at it's highest level ever!  

The YouGov poll has to be the biggest red herring in ages. I guarantee that a lot of people who said the result would be No are Yes supporters - some people will be naturally pessimistic after last time.

On 14/03/2017 at 18:24, Shades75 said:

It does become tedious and pointless to enter a debate if you feel that the language and tone of a poster is overly aggressive and dismissive...

...doesn't it?

Is this a telt? 

I still don't think we'll win it, I'm unsure if I'll be able to vote either tbh.

Scotland needs a long, cold winter and expensive gas and electric prices.

Less of the negativity you.

It's ages away and we're at a decent level of support already!

Prof Curtice was on TV saying its in Westminster's interest to get it done soon as the demographic might change to far in favour of a Yes vite.

I started working in England in 2014, the only time anyone takes any interest in the referendum down here is to rip the utter pish out Scotland, if/when we lose again it could quite possibly make it worse. A dreadful thought.

It is difficult as such to then grasp how optimistic/pessimistic everyone is regarding it, I just feel we have allot of ground to make up and I can't see that many people changing their mind. I was taking the piss a bit with regards to the cold winter chat, but we're never going to convince the oaps to switch.

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I started working in England in 2014, the only time anyone takes any interest in the referendum down here is to rip the utter pish out Scotland, if/when we lose again it could quite possibly make it worse. A dreadful thought.

It is difficult as such to then grasp how optimistic/pessimistic everyone is regarding it, I just feel we have allot of ground to make up and I can't see that many people changing their mind. I was taking the piss a bit with regards to the cold winter chat, but we're never going to convince the oaps to switch.

I worked in London for 10 years. Its a bit of an eye opener in many ways.

a) the amount of stick u get for being Scottish...far more than I have ever seen or have dished out to any englander in Scotland

b) the amount of proper doleys that inhabit the place. There are far more workshy than we could ever imagine in Scotland

c) The amount of public money that is spent on constantly improving the place. Unbelievable we have had to wait decades for a new forth bridge, squabble over the cost of the Edi trams and are still waiting on the A9 duelling. Cash is to splash in London.

Travel broadens the mind indeed.

12 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Disappointing Panelbase poll this morning.  

44-56.  Fieldwork from this week.  

Disappointing, but we'd have bitten the hand off them as a starting point for Indyref1.

I'm not worried.

Disappointing, but we'd have bitten the hand off them as a starting point for Indyref1.
I'm not worried.

That's an incredibly positive spin.

After brexit a boost was expected. It hasn't appeared yet, and with all the publicity this week? Worrying.

Sturgeon and co have such a tricky balancing act to pull this off. They've done very well so far - but a poll like this suggests we've gained no ground over brexit.

Archived