A-League 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, good solid game tonight by Glory, and once again drawn against a A-league team, guess we're doing it the hard way.

Wollongong I feel were unlucky, Sydney dominated for most of the match but were wasteful, but credit to Sydney, 3 good goals

The Devonport pitch was a mess, said to my mate I've seen Northern junior matches be played on better looking pitches.

As for Cahill, bit surprised as I'm sure a few months ago he said he wasn't looking at coming to the A-league. On a plus note though looks like he will have no problems playing for the Socceroos against Iraq next month

After talking about expansion I just seen a article about Melbourne Knights being bought over by a Chinese consortium with the view of being allowed into the A-league.

And this just popped into my feed

1470894442650.jpg.97e1a1e0dd674ea5568e0d

I've lived in Oz way before the A-League started. I was looking forward to it starting, but I have to say that I just can't get into it. Brisbane are my "local" team (  900km away ..) but I just don't feel any love for them. Even when North Queensland Fury ( 400 km away...)  were on the go, nope ( especially with Ian Ferguson being the manager.... ). I really don't think that the standard is very good, which after watching Scottish football for years, says a fair bit.... 

I've lived in Oz way before the A-League started. I was looking forward to it starting, but I have to say that I just can't get into it. Brisbane are my "local" team (  900km away ..) but I just don't feel any love for them. Even when North Queensland Fury ( 400 km away...)  were on the go, nope ( especially with Ian Ferguson being the manager.... ). I really don't think that the standard is very good, which after watching Scottish football for years, says a fair bit.... 

It took me 13 years to get into the A-league, went to glory games occasionally during that period but only really got into it this year, lack of going to the football and I've got a son so want to take him to the football when he's older

Just now, XIII said:

It took me 13 years to get into the A-league, went to glory games occasionally during that period but only really got into it this year, lack of going to the football and I've got a son so want to take him to the football when he's older

Aye, I'm sure if I was closer to the games and able to get to the matches I might see the A-League in a better light.  Good to hear that you are getting your son into fitbaw. So many different sports here that kids get into. Sounds like you're from an AFL area and they put in a huge push to get kids playing that. It's even the same up here in a rugby league area.

Yeah where I live is afl territory, and he's not allowed to play that backwards sport, I'd rather let him play cricket over gayfl.

I just remember looking forward to every Saturday to go to pittodrie with my dad so I want to replicate that with my son with his local team (I'll also educate him on the Dons too ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

FFA Cup action again tonight with 4 games and no surprise that the TV game is Tim Cahill's debut for MelC away to NPL side Brisbane Strikers. The other games are all NSW NPL clash between Blacktown City v Bonyrigg White Eagles, Canberra Olympic v Redlands United, the team that knocked Adelaide Utd out and a repeat of last season's semi-final between Hume City and Melbourne Victory but this time on Hume City's own ground. Can't see either of the A-League sides losing and will be interesting to see how much time Tim Cahill spends on the park.. Another 4 games next Tuesday.

Archived