A-League 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me why WSW played their home derby away at Sydney FC? I see the Parramatta Stadium is being rebuilt at the moment however I have also read that WSW home games are staged at the Sydney Showground Stadium for this season.

I feel pretty privileged to have been to the Parramatta before it got rebuilt. I had no idea it was happening.

Can anyone tell me why WSW played their home derby away at Sydney FC? I see the Parramatta Stadium is being rebuilt at the moment however I have also read that WSW home games are staged at the Sydney Showground Stadium for this season.
I feel pretty privileged to have been to the Parramatta before it got rebuilt. I had no idea it was happening.

Probably to pull the biggest crowd possible plus WSW have been shite at the Showground or whatever it's called this year. They got 44,843 on Saturday. Last night they played Gamba Osaka at Campbelltown Stadium and only got 5,590 and thumped 0-4.

Probably to pull the biggest crowd possible plus WSW have been shite at the Showground or whatever it's called this year. They got 44,843 on Saturday. Last night they played Gamba Osaka at Campbelltown Stadium and only got 5,590 and thumped 0-4.

Exactly this. 50k at the first game, 45k at weekend. All about maximising gate revenue.

Archived