Arbroath vs Cowtenbeath

Meth Damon

Ref was shite but that shouldn't deflect the criticism that our team deserve. Very poor in the final 3rd with Bobby being particularly wasteful. Iv no words about how poor Dunlop was. Why Dick decided to take Doris off and not Prunty is a head scratcher. Kadar probably our best player.

That Cowden number 9 looks some player by the way. He has 15-20 goals a season written all over him

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying to write this off as a glorified friendly but that really was poor from us. Dunlop looks an absolute bombscare at the back and Whatley is much better at RB. I don't get playing Bobby on the left, he's far too predictable and the less said about his finishing the better. Doris looks desperate to get that first goal for us, and he should've stayed on. Gold played quite well when he came on I thought (!!), played some nice passes but I don't think he has the defensive mindset and physicality to play in midfield. Some bizarre refereeing decisions, and how the Cowden player got away without even a booking for the foul on Kader is beyond me.

Quality meltdown from McCord as well. Is the weight he's carrying the reason he got punted from the championship?

Surprised that finished 11 v 11. Thought the ref had lost control.

Good to see we didn't resort to having our centre-mid kick anything in range and we played some football.

Todorov will do some damage in the league if he keeps that up.

Suspect the gaffer now has a real headache of whether to slot the missing players back in.

Fantastic pics, thanks.

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good performance for us I thought and like the look of the new boy he likes a shot at goal. CJ loves a goal against the Smokies:lol: Good penalty save from McGurn as well.

With Renton and the Bulgarian boy up front, Andy, I get the feeling that the two strikers won't be bullied by anyone...

I see Kane Hemmings has gone to Oxford United for a six figure fee. We rescued him from Rangers and got his career back on track, but we get £0.00

Good performance for us I thought and like the look of the new boy he likes a shot at goal. CJ loves a goal against the Smokies:lol: Good penalty save from McGurn as well.

I don't think I've seen Doris miss a penalty before. McGurn looked the business although we really should've done better in front of goal.

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't think I've seen Doris miss a penalty before. McGurn looked the business although we really should've done better in front of goal.

I was feeling a bit sorry for Sneddon before the season started as he showed he has real potential for us last season before his injury.  Saw McGurn v Dundee United and he was alright. Against Dunfermline though he was utterly superb and made 4 or 5 wonderful saves including one that i still can't believe he saved!  He'll easily get us an extra 10 points this season.

How's Callaghan been for Arbroath so far?  Saw his penalty v United but that's all I've seen or heard from him!

Good to get the win last night but both teams were missing players so can't read too much into it.  Good for Todorov scoring on his debut which will hopefully be the first of many.  

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

Fantastic pics, thanks.

With Renton and the Bulgarian boy up front, Andy, I get the feeling that the two strikers won't be bullied by anyone...

I see Kane Hemmings has gone to Oxford United for a six figure fee. We rescued him from Rangers and got his career back on track, but we get £0.00

Sods law Ron, agents get their clients to sign short term deals at clubs like us so they can move on. To be fair I doubt that Kane would have signed for us on a longer deal and we probably done well to get someone of his quality in the 1st place. Could be worse could  be Barnsley who got him for nothing then freed him and now see him return to England for a reputed £400k fee.

39 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I was feeling a bit sorry for Sneddon before the season started as he showed he has real potential for us last season before his injury.  Saw McGurn v Dundee United and he was alright. Against Dunfermline though he was utterly superb and made 4 or 5 wonderful saves including one that i still can't believe he saved!  He'll easily get us an extra 10 points this season.

How's Callaghan been for Arbroath so far?  Saw his penalty v United but that's all I've seen or heard from him!

Good to get the win last night but both teams were missing players so can't read too much into it.  Good for Todorov scoring on his debut which will hopefully be the first of many.  

Neither Liam or Josh set the heather alight last night.

Callaghan hasn't really featured much. Came on last night at LB, but the defence that finished last night was 2 midfielders and 2 LBs at centre half. Think he will be a useful player over the season. Josh will be a back up, playing there last night as Whatley started in midfield.

I'm guessing Craig Wilson will be away? Either that or he's injured?

I thought Omar was really good last night thinking back, some really good balls in, and if Linn had his shooting boots on he would've been MotM. Brilliant up until the final ball/pass.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Oh, and it's good to see that even if the fans are behaving the players will keep the rivalry going. Some of the tackles going in last night considering what was at stake... :lol:

Aye it was a bit tasty at times for a dead rubber game. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

John Mcglynn reckoned that Mcgurn earned us on average 10 points a season, so your probably right.

As for Mccord....looked absolutely miles off the pace last season fitness wise.  Good player on the ball...but really struggled to keep up.

Archived