Arbroath vs Cowtenbeath

Meth Damon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His Saturday afternoons?

His Friday nights, Saturday's travelling all over the country to play for us, hours of his time through the week. He's not brilliant or anything but he's not even that bad, the criticism from a small minority of so called supporters at the games is embarrassing.

Absolutely no point in it at all. No better just keeping your mouths shut?

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

His Friday nights, Saturday's travelling all over the country to play for us, hours of his time through the week. He's not brilliant or anything but he's not even that bad, the criticism from a small minority of so called supporters at the games is embarrassing.

Absolutely no point in it at all. No better just keeping your mouths shut?

So no more or less than any other part time footballer? And for which is paid by the club.

So no more or less than any other part time footballer? And for which is paid by the club.

Where did I say anything other than that?

I don't think you should be shouting negative stuff at any player that's playing for your club and giving up a lot to do so.

I could maybe, maybe understand shouting negative stuff at somebody that clearly doesn't care, but not to someone that's clearly giving their all.

Better off just shutting up, places like this are a good place to get your frustrations out if you have any. Not at the game, shouting negative stuff at your own player when you're a so called supporter is ridiculous.

Surely you don't disagree with that? It won't help the player or the team in the slightest, players all must find it a bit of a joke too. Knowing that some fans will get on their backs and constantly give them a hard time if they take a dislike to them.

Craig Wilson last season had me beyond furious at times for example. Still managed to refrain myself from shouting abuse at him. Absolutely pointless.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't think you should be shouting negative stuff at any player that's playing for your club and giving up a lot to do so.

I could maybe, maybe understand shouting negative stuff at somebody that clearly doesn't care, but not to someone that's clearly giving their all.

Better off just shutting up, places like this are a good place to get your frustrations out if you have any. Not at the game, shouting negative stuff at your own player when you're a so called supporter is ridiculous.

Surely you don't disagree with that? It won't help the player or the team in the slightest, players all must find it a bit of a joke too. Knowing that some fans will get on their backs and constantly give them a hard time if they take a dislike to them.

Craig Wilson last season had me beyond furious at times for example. Still managed to refrain myself from shouting abuse at him. Absolutely pointless.

Some supporters just like to hurl abuse at players from the safety of the internet or terrace,must make them feel brave i think

Shouting abuse at your own player(s) because you think they're crap or don't like them is totally pointless and counter productive.

we have 1/ sometimes 2  I'm not keen on just now but just got to try and bite the tongue.

48 minutes ago, big al said:

Shouting abuse at your own player(s) because you think they're crap or don't like them is totally pointless and counter productive.

we have 1/ sometimes 2  I'm not keen on just now but just got to try and bite the tongue.

I know exactly who you mean. It's painful to watch. 

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

While I don't disagree with your post with regards to getting behind the team/ players/ management, there is a fair whack of hypocrisy going on here.....

Did you not post on here last season openly saying you wanted us to lose games so Lumsden would be sacked? There was also some extremely negative posts regarding individual players - like Craig Wilson - and of course the management themselves, on a daily basis. What's posted on these forums is black and white and there for everyone to read, one throwaway comment at a game towards a guy whose 50 yards away is quite unlikely to be heard in comparison.

Last year, you knew that part of the management team read these forums but continually took the piss and slagged them off. Now, when another individual involved with the club is getting similar treatment it's a different case? I'm pretty sure Hissy gave up far more for Arbroath FC than David Gold has, yet your comments towards him were the complete opposite of what you're saying right now?

Big Al sums it up perfectly, constantly shouting abuse at your own players is a bit moronic imo.

Back to the game, we will have to do a bit reshuffling but would be nice to get a win. Game will have no bearing on the league campaign as it seems Cowden are also missing a few.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 08:29, The Minertaur said:

Are Arbroath good at scoring from corners or dead balls?  If so then we'll be sure to concede at least 1 goal.

Cant say we really are, we need a bit more of a physical presence across the team.

While I don't disagree with your post with regards to getting behind the team/ players/ management, there is a fair whack of hypocrisy going on here.....

Did you not post on here last season openly saying you wanted us to lose games so Lumsden would be sacked? There was also some extremely negative posts regarding individual players - like Craig Wilson - and of course the management themselves, on a daily basis. What's posted on these forums is black and white and there for everyone to read, one throwaway comment at a game towards a guy whose 50 yards away is quite unlikely to be heard in comparison.

Last year, you knew that part of the management team read these forums but continually took the piss and slagged them off. Now, when another individual involved with the club is getting similar treatment it's a different case? I'm pretty sure Hissy gave up far more for Arbroath FC than David Gold has, yet your comments towards him were the complete opposite of what you're saying right now?

Better off just shutting up, places like this are a good place to get your frustrations out if you have any. Not at the game.

And I was mainly slagging Hislop off after he made some ridiculous comments to me through Private Message on here. If he hadn't messaged me what he did there's no way I would've continuously kept saying things to wind him up. As much as he wanted me to call him a clown to his face I'm really not sure what purpose that would have served.

It was purely a fishing trip after the exchanges we had had through PM, which you've seen yourself..

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Big Al sums it up perfectly, constantly shouting abuse at your own players is a bit moronic imo.

Back to the game, we will have to do a bit reshuffling but would be nice to get a win. Game will have no bearing on the league campaign as it seems Cowden are also missing a few.

Pity this hadn't been the first game of the competition, would have been a good starter for both clubs.

Don't think it will be a sell-out.

Pity this hadn't been the first game of the competition, would have been a good starter for both clubs.

Don't think it will be a sell-out.

No announcement of segregation yet which is a good thing

Archived