Friendlies 23rd July

archieb

Lochee Utd 5 Greig Park Rangers 1 

St Andrews 1   East Craigie 1 

St Andrews win 5-4 on pens and play Lochee in the final of their tournament tomorrow.

lochee cruised against an Amateur team and scored some good goals. St Andrews struggled against a lower league junior outfit. Not reading too much into friendly tournaments but I think East Craigie will do ok in the North League and St Andrews I feel will struggle in the Premier. 

Lochee shluld compete well, good squad in depth and will be difficult to beat. I expect them to be mid table to top half if they can play as a team. 

7 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

Cumnock 3 Lanark 0.

Lanark held out until half way through 2nd half, largely thanks to their stand in keeper.  Considering it was our first game and the fact that Cumnock 3 divisions above us, thought Lanark did well in spells and were unlucky not to score. 

8 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Lanark held out until half way through 2nd half, largely thanks to their stand in keeper.  Considering it was our first game and the fact that Cumnock 3 divisions above us, thought Lanark did well in spells and were unlucky not to score. 

NO PIES THOUGH!  Go all that way and no catering. Rather disappointing. 

Watched Renfrew Hurlford today finished 1-1. Renfrew looked a stuffy hard to break down team and took the lead in the first half when a cross from the bye line took out the keeper and Zok out jumped the defender at the back post to nod in. Neither team really offered much goalmouth action although Gemmell had a good shot excellently saved by Danny McLeay. Gemmell equalised at the death but I think he will need to offer more of an attacking threat. 

Watched the first 75 minutes of Nitten vs Edin Uni LL side today. I'm a Bonnyrigg man, so a neutral on this occasion.

The Uni try to pass the ball out from the back the entire game, great to see. Number 9 was excellent for them. Overall they looked good. Except at corners where they were all over the place, couldn't defend them well at all.

However I thought Nitten looked excellent for much of the game. When I left it was 1-0, Errol Douglas scored in the 2nd half. Nitten passed the ball really well, all comfortably on the ball and they were miles better than last season. Thought Bracks in the middle was superb. The back four were solid and kept possession, passed the ball well and very organised.

Decent game in all, Nitten impressed me.

One good thing, it was free entry unlike many other local sides still trying to take £5 to get in for a friendly which is a fucking shambles!!!

Archived