Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, CowdenConvert said:

I'm guessing the Cowden dafties will be the usual fannies that only appear for pars games.

Ah the old "we're not racist aggressive dickheads all the time, it's just when we play Dunfermline that they all appear from nowhere" line.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I see us concede another piss easy goal from a set-piece I think I'll scream.  Against ICT they scored the winner from a corner and also hit the bar twice from set pieces.  Dundee Utd scored the killer 2nd from a free kick and on Saturday all 3 of the goals came from dead balls.  Against full time teams the one thing I'd hope for is that we are set up well enough to deal with these situations but we've been shite at it for a couple of seasons now!  McLauglan was caught the wrong side for the 2nd goal.

Fair do's to the Pars though as they deserved the win.  Was very impressed with Moffat who was superb outside of the box and was unfortunate to be up against David McGurn!  Other than a half chance near the end when Greg Ross drilled a ball across goal the Pars defence were never really troubled.

We did play some nice football occasionally though even though we were missing some key players.  Would have enjoyed seeing Renton up against BRE - it's a shame Kris is suspended for the first couple of games of the league campaign.  CJ was up against defenders who were just too good for him on Saturday.  In midfield I liked the look of Brian Ross and Turner was just his usual self - probably one of our best outfield players.  Miller is wasted on the left not that he'd do much else in the middle!  Once we have Glen and Renton back I'm sure we'll actually start to look like a team who can attack.

As much as the Pars deserved the win it must be mentioned how poor the ref was.  I haven't seen the highlights so could be totally wrong but I've got no clue why the first 2 free kicks were given that led to the opening 2 goals.  Rarely played advantage and generally he got on my tits :lol:  Not that it affected the outcome of the game as Dunfermline were always going to score. Was good to see Nat who played well.  You couldn't fault any of the pars players on Saturday.

to be fair two fairly tight games against Inverness and Dunfermline are surely a positive for the season ahead, McGurn is going to be massive for you this season not sure why you brough in McLaughlan always though he was pretty useless but don't think you will ever be over run this coming season like you were at times last season

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

to be fair two fairly tight games against Inverness and Dunfermline are surely a positive for the season ahead, McGurn is going to be massive for you this season not sure why you brough in McLaughlan always though he was pretty useless but don't think you will ever be over run this coming season like you were at times last season

Not so sure 3-0 is 'fairly tight'.

looked a comfortable win from where I was sitting. We did give Inverness a much better game. Wasn't impressed with them, very big and strong though and it was too early too really judge them.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Not so sure 3-0 is 'fairly tight'.

looked a comfortable win from where I was sitting. We did give Inverness a much better game. Wasn't impressed with them, very big and strong though and it was too early too really judge them.

kept us quiet for the first half once the second goal was in then the win was a given

Think so. Can't mind exactly but there was a 0-0 last season and the 1-0 where you scored a free kick.  Before that would have been the play off match where Geggan headered home which I think was from a long throw?

Before that would be the 4-2 victory for us which was a good few years ago now.

Is that three games in a row at Central Park where we've failed to score from open play? 

AJ out type post IMO.

Archived