Favourite (Premiership) away day?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local away games are not an away day.

Edinburgh is always good. Hearts or Hibs. Early morning train/bus, in gorgie/easter road for 11. Cracking. 

I used to like Dunfermline, was always a good crowd down too, would like to see them come up next season. 

9 minutes ago, Kryptonite said:

April 2008 was our last game against them. 2-0 win in the Scottish Cup. :)

Fail. Our last game against the old Rangers was a League Cup tie in Setember 2008.

I quite like Raith and Dunfermline, close train journey, few decent pubs and we usually take a good crowd, but it obviously doesn't happen all that often. 

In the Premiership I like Partick, Glasgow has some cracking boozers and we don't have to put up with arsehole fans. 

11 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Local away games are not an away day.

They are if you make it one.  What stops ICT fans getting to Dingwall for opening time and staying there until 9 at night?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They are if you make it one.  What stops ICT fans getting to Dingwall for opening time and staying there until 9 at night?

I'm not convinced, I've often ended up in a boozer most of the day either side of derbies at Easter Road but I wouldn't class it as an away day at all.

New Douglas Park. 

It's an exceptional football ground, a cauldron that surrounds and intimidates the visiting players on all four sides. The noise generated there is renowned the world over: La Bombonera, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, New Douglas Park. 

new-douglas-park4214l.jpg

Hearts or Hibs for me - good trip on the train followed by good pubs and then a smashing atmosphere in the ground. I quite like Partick too for an away day, drinking in the West End is most enjoyable post-match. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Agree that Edinburgh is a grand day oot, despite not really being a footballing town

^^ idiot found

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Agree that Edinburgh is a grand day oot, despite not really being a footballing town and also agree that Dunfirmline was a fun visit back in the day too. Hope to see them back in the big leagues soon.

Describe "Footballing town"

If it means somewhere that's not a sh1te hole then feel free to continue using the term. Perth gets this p1sh all the time as well.

Archived