The political divide

Fide

I've seen you post some pish in your time Robert, but that last sentence is right up there with the worst of it.

You don't agree that the principles of Nationalism and Unionism are at completely opposite ends of the scale Fide?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

our Unionist principles.

:lol:

They really showed their "unionist principles" in the EU referendum. I'm genuinely stuck on this issue. Do we call them British Unionists, or British Nationalist now? British Unionist just doesn't sound right anymore. 

15 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You don't agree that the principles of Nationalism and Unionism are at completely opposite ends of the scale Fide?

It was more the context, being that your Unionist "principles" are so much better than our "naked" nationalism.

Abject dugshite.

It was more the context, being that your Unionist "principles" are so much better than our "naked" nationalism.

Abject dugshite.

A context that you choose to interpret, I didn't use the word 'better'.
Britnat used as an insult on the other hand, is usually spouted as a derogatory term and suggested as inferior, wouldnt you agree.

:lol:

They really showed their "unionist principles" in the EU referendum. I'm genuinely stuck on this issue. Do we call them British Unionists, or British Nationalist now? British Unionist just doesn't sound right anymore. 

Aye, so all British Unionists voted to leave the EU did they? Bollocks!

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

A context that you choose to interpret, I didn't use the word 'better'.
Britnat used as an insult on the other hand, is usually spouted as a derogatory term and suggested as inferior, wouldnt you agree.

Where have I said "Britnat" in this thread?  And it's not a hard interpretation to make, given the context you used.  I don't button up the back, Roberto.

Where have I said "Britnat" in this thread?  And it's not a hard interpretation to make, given the context you used.  I don't button up the back, Roberto.

It was a response to Antlion's 'Britnat' post, I said the two (British Unionist) just don't equate with each other, then you jumped in.

14 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

You post that (BritNat) as though it's almost some sort of insult. Believe me it's not, the two just don't equate with each other, it's such a lazy jibe. Your naked Nationalism is so far removed from our Unionist principles.

We all know what your "naked" British Nationalism connotes. Mind that time you likened Salmond to a  Nazi and Humza Yousaf to a terrorist, before requesting to just be ignored when you realised the unconvincing "happy go lucky" Orangeman mask had hit the floor with a thud? You and your ilk's brand of nationalism is presently the most thuggish and unpleasant on these isles (and at one point was one of the most dangerous across the globe).

We all know what your "naked" British Nationalism connotes. Mind that time you likened Salmond to a  Nazi and Humza Yousaf as a terrorist? You and your ilk's brand of nationalism is presently the most thuggish and unpleasant on these isles (and at one point was one of the most dangerous across the globe).

I did neither, (your twist) how painful is the noise inside your head, it must be excruciating!!?

25 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye, so all British Unionists voted to leave the EU did they? Bollocks!

The majority did. That's all that matters. They've shown themselves up as vile British Nationalists who don't really believe in unionism at all. They just talk unionism when it comes to keeping Scotland under the thumb. They don't actually believe the unionist pish that they spout. It's just to fool the idiots up here who swallow it.

As much as i agree with that..we did vote to stay part of the UK (which pissed me off), we cant go through the same shite every year, The UK is fucked as  a political union, but the EU is even more fucked as a political union, we need to drop the " we want to be a part of the EU pish", it's getting us nowhere fast, because the EU is going nowhere fast.

Is it? Or is that not the propoganda we are now being fed? Remember everyone with an ounce of intelligence who was not blinkered by a Johnny foreigner bad approach backed a remain vote.
Now we have been pulled out Scotland is now being fed the shit about better out etc.. Ruth Davidson being the worst imo.
And the masses are lapping it up!!

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I did neither, (your twist) how painful is the noise inside your head, it must be excruciating!!?

^ word salad. Getting a wee bit riled already? Quick, tell us all how deliriously happy and unthreatened in your British Nationalism you are again. :lol:

The majority did. That's all that matters. They've shown themselves up as vile British Nationalists who don't really believe in unionism at all. They just talk unionism when it comes to keeping Scotland under the thumb. They don't actually believe the unionist pish that they spout. It's just to fool the idiots up here who swallow it.
I think your confusing said group with English Nationalism, I agree, they don't give a f*ck about Scotland. How they think they'll be better off out of the EU is beyond me!?? But that's a different question. I believe that most true British Unionists could see the potential damage arising from a Leave vote, and would therefore be firmly in the remain camp.They certainly were in my circle of family and friends.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I think your confusing said group with English Nationalism, I agree, they don't give a f*ck about Scotland. How they think they'll be better off out of the EU is beyond me!?? But that's a different question. I believe that most true British Unionists could see the potential damage arising from a Leave vote, and would therefore be firmly in the remain camp.They certainly were in my circle of family and friends.

So are you suggesting that all people in England who voted for Brexit are in fact English Nationalists? If that's the case, then there are more English Nationalists than there are British Unionists. Therefore the union is finished.

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It was a response to Antlion's 'Britnat' post, I said the two (British Unionist) just don't equate with each other, then you jumped in.

I "jumped in" because

a) It's a public forum

and

b) You didn't just "say" the two don't equate with each other.  You purposefully placed British "Unionism" ahead of "naked" nationalism.

Trident, Syria and the general election are how MPs voted not public opinion. FPTP is grossly exaggerating the difference.

A shaded map which depicted public opinion would look nothing like that.

There is a massive flaw in this post. Since when did MPs decide the result of a GE? The country is fucked at present, but when that happens, we'd be better turning out the lights.
As much as FPTP is flawed, it's the way the electorate HAVE to be represented at present. So Fides post is representative of our current system.

There is a massive flaw in this post. Since when did MPs decide the result of a GE? The country is fucked at present, but when that happens, we'd be better turning out the lights.
As much as FPTP is flawed, it's the way the electorate HAVE to be represented at present. So Fides post is representative of our current system.

Yeah but it's like a typo. Syria and the other one are how mps voted. The general election is fptp which is massively flawed. It's just the way he wrote it was a bit muddled.

His point about the graphs exaggerating the difference in opinion still stands.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

It's a fairly clutching at straws point, if I'm honest.

Yeah but it's like a typo. Syria and the other one are how mps voted. The general election is fptp which is massively flawed. It's just the way he wrote it was a bit muddled.

Ah ok, so a typo that you, amongst others, never spotted should remain as fact? Or, should it be pulled up as bullshit? A post that you Charlied btw!
The facts are, less than 40% of the electorate voted Tory in the last GE, yet, they have a majority in HoC.
That is our political system, we must live with it for now, however, the claim that Fides post is in some way dishonest is utter claptrap. I'd expected more from you, muddled, typo..... It certainly demonstrates the divide in the political landscape, whichever way you look at it.

Ah ok, so a typo that you, amongst others, never spotted should remain as fact? Or, should it be pulled up as bullshit? A post that you Charlied btw!
The facts are, less than 40% of the electorate voted Tory in the last GE, yet, they have a majority in HoC.
That is our political system, we must live with it for now, however, the claim that Fides post is in some way dishonest is utter claptrap. I'd expected more from you, muddled, typo..... It certainly demonstrates the divide in the political landscape, whichever way you look at it.

Wait wait wait, you're way off the mark.

There clearly is a political divide between Scotland and England. The post I greenied does not deny that.

The maps used by fide make the divide look absolute - black and white (or yellow and blue if you prefer). All we are saying is that they are exaggerating the difference.

And no minor errors (like typos) should not be pulled up as bullshit, because they are clearly not bullshit. They are minor errors. If you want to pick up on them fine but it's a bit wanky when you clearly understand the point being made.

Archived