The political divide

Fide

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

Puts me in mind of the woman in the Question Time audience who voted Tory.  She was aghast at the realisation that, as a recipient of tax credit, she was in receipt of benefit and potentially subject to the Tories then plan for slashing welfare.

It never dawned on her that those on benefits aren't just "the lazy and feckless".

I actually laughed when I saw it. I'm not sure if she was genuinely being serious or was merely at the troll. You would think it would be impossible for the electorate to be quite as thick as that. But then again, they fell for the whole "scot nats will take over England unless you vote tory" guff.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

I actually laughed when I saw it. I'm not sure if she was genuinely being serious or was merely at the troll. You would think it would be impossible for the electorate to be quite as thick as that. But then again, they fell for the whole "scot nats will take over England unless you vote tory" guff.

I think her verge of tears confirmed her as being serious.

Puts me in mind of the woman in the Question Time audience who voted Tory.  She was aghast at the realisation that, as a recipient of tax credit, she was in receipt of benefit and potentially subject to the Tories then plan for slashing welfare.

It never dawned on her that those on benefits aren't just "the lazy and feckless".

Followed up by the woman who felt lied to when the Brexiteers said
'we didn't mean £350 million a week would go to the NHS '
Despite what it said on the bus.

11 minutes ago, mjw said:

Followed up by the woman who felt lied to when the Brexiteers said
'we didn't mean £350 million a week would go to the NHS '
Despite what it said on the bus.

Or the extra £10,000,000,000 a year saved on the EU, which would pay off our 1,500,000,000,000 debt by 2030.....

"Some maths on the back of an envelope....."

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

d920b615cfa9f9cb69275afbf3e03041.jpg
How's that looking for you now?

Now that practically the whole Eastern seaboard is under the control of Unionist parties I'm guessing all the Oil, Gas and Fisheries revenues belong to the Union again, which is pleasing.

Now that practically the whole Eastern seaboard is under the control of Unionist parties I'm guessing all the Oil, Gas and Fisheries revenues belong to the Union again, which is pleasing.

Haven't they always ?

Now that practically the whole Eastern seaboard is under the control of Unionist parties I'm guessing all the Oil, Gas and Fisheries revenues belong to the Union again, which is pleasing.

Tbf that's the first time you've posted something that isn't total shite.

On 11/06/2017 at 13:27, McSpreader said:

Nah. The riggs are built and decommissioned at Methil. The oil is pumped into Grangemouth.

All still parts of free Scotland :thumsup2

Archived