The political divide

Fide

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Antlion said:

By all means put forward your case for why Scotland is better an incorporated region of the British state with its governments, foreign policy and international relationships made in a parliament outside Scotland by a government elected outside Scotland. This is what I'm not seeing from "union supporters" at all these days - why Scotland should not be a nation state but should instead be a c1/10 region of one, with only a devolved parliament.

In fact, I've never seen anyone argue that this is a good setup for any country. Why do you support it for Scotland? The ball, as they say, is in your court.

I am quite happy with the status quo , a position that's survived and prospered for 500 years . If we remain in the union we keep the NHS , the welfare system, the defence of the nation , free trade etc etc 

What the nationalists can't do is promise anything tangible at the moment that would persuade a majority to change this as seen by the No vote . What the SNP are trying to do IMO is saying trust us it will be all right but we can't give you assurances on anything. The Brexit vote has muddied the water somewhat and until that has been negotiated the SNP are stymied.

i am quite happy to be proved wrong and maybe utopia is around the corner but until I see the title deeds ....

31 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Who'd have thought it? When you try and actually engage constructively with McSpreader, he disappears.

Don't worry BritNat fuckwits on P&B are like busses.  There will be another one along shortly.

23 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Who'd have thought it? When you try and actually engage constructively with McSpreader, he disappears.

That's unfair!  I have a life y'know. Can't be on here the whole time! Been to Livingstone Outlet Centre today. I know how to have fun!

Did you have a question for me?

Last time I looked on this thread Wee Winkie was calling me all the c**ts under the sun. It's a power thing. I pity those close to him.

I am happy to engage in constructive, non abusive discourse but my position remains the same. I'm at ease with the UK and none of the ugly, prejudiced,  chip on the shoulder,victim narrative of Wee Winkie and his ilk resonates with me.

If the Nationalists can create a realistic case for a material change for the better for a majority of Scottish citizens post indy then I'm in. They are miles away from that.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don't worry BritNat fuckwits on P&B are like busses.  There will be another one along shortly.

What's a BritNat? I know what a fuckwit is . You've been a shining example....lol!

6 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I am quite happy with the status quo , a position that's survived and prospered for 500 years . If we remain in the union we keep the NHS , the welfare system, the defence of the nation , free trade etc etc 

What the nationalists can't do is promise anything tangible at the moment that would persuade a majority to change this as seen by the No vote . What the SNP are trying to do IMO is saying trust us it will be all right but we can't give you assurances on anything. The Brexit vote has muddied the water somewhat and until that has been negotiated the SNP are stymied.

i am quite happy to be proved wrong and maybe utopia is around the corner but until I see the title deeds ....

Leaving aside the notion of it being 500 years since 1707, the NHS and Welfare State are under greater threat inside the union than they would be outside of it.

No one promised 'Utopia'
Just the same as there will be no milk and honey.

500 yrs... ha ha... tit

Britnat fuckwits !!? You're mouthing off against an imaginary opposition that just doesn't exist in Scotland, but carry on my friend, your jibes would be almost humorous if they weren't so pitiful.

Britnat fuckwits !!? You're mouthing off against an imaginary opposition that just doesn't exist in Scotland, but carry on my friend, your jibes would be almost humorous if they weren't so pitiful.

What is the point in you posting anything it's always the same, you never answer any questions and just jump on any put down made by independence supporters, conveniently ignoring the rest...

Basically

'*insult? Yeah good one mate, not heard that before, and you wonder why yes lost the battle eh? You carry on my friend, whatever floats your boat eh, the rest of us have all got life's to lead away from pie and bovrils wee bubble of intolerance'

It's all just the same pish regurgitated. You seem to forget that you seem to be on here just as much as anyone else.

You're obviously absolutely shitein yourself and just trying to comfort yourself over your precious Union though, which is ok I suppose.

Maybe if you didn't talk complete and utter pish you wouldn't get so many folk laughing at you and possibly get a bit more of a debate going

Why are you getting upset on McSpreaders behalf?
The boy seems big enough to fight his own battles.

6 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

They live, work and have retired in Scotland, try taking the bolts out of your neck mate.

No. They lived and worked in England, then moved up to Scotland for retirement so they could sponge of the Scottish state. If you actually bother to look at the statistics, the percentage of English people living in Scotland who are either over 65 or out of employment is through the roof.

No. They lived and worked in England, then moved up to Scotland for retirement so they could sponge of the Scottish state. If you actually bother to look at the statistics, the percentage of English people living in Scotland who are either over 65 or out of employment is through the roof.

Jeez, are you just trolling here, or simply trying to out-do Lichtie and Fide on who can be the most bitter uber-Scot amongst yourselves!?

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Jeez, are you just trolling here, or simply trying to out-do Lichtie and Fide on who can be the most bitter uber-Scot amongst yourselves!?

Care to prove me wrong? Or are you just going to stick with your standard "I can't address the post so will out you as a troll" approach?

Archived