Killie v Morton

Andy_K_97

I'm confident we can avoid a pumping, but if Killie score the game's done. Shitfesting a 0-0 is all we'd be able to hope for if we were playing Championship sides with this squad, never mind a Premiership side.

Our squad may only be a Championship level squad to be honest, no-one really knows how it's all going to work.

I do still have good faith that LC will get it right, or at least be better than the last two disasters we've had in charge, but I have no idea how good we are going to be.

Home win by a goal.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton's last win at Killie was 10 Aug 1993 (1-2)  - League Cup.

Only two other games there since v Morton.  28 Jan 1995 (0-0) Scottish Cup and 25 Aug 2009 (3-1) League Cup.

A clip from the Jan 1995 game:

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Killie pie FTW

Oh and we need penalties.

16 hours ago, Fide said:

A killie pie and some pleasant memories x

15 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Did the Killie pie not do a Rangers? 

Fairly sure there's no Killie pies at the ground now. A legal wrangle about the name meant the name changing to "The Kilmarnock Pie" and it's only sold at Browning's Bakers shops now.

If there's a steak pie on sale it won't be what you're expecting.

1 hour ago, FlyerTon said:

Morton's last win at Killie was 10 Aug 1993 (1-2)  - League Cup.

Only two other games there since v Morton.  28 Jan 1995 (0-0) Scottish Cup and 25 Aug 2009 (3-1) League Cup.

The team that won the game in 1993 ended up relegated to the new 2nd Division.

The year previous we won 2-1 in the B&Q Cup quarter final.

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Fairly sure there's no Killie pies at the ground now. A legal wrangle about the name meant the name changing to "The Kilmarnock Pie" and it's only sold at Browning's Bakers shops now.

If there's a steak pie on sale it won't be what you're expecting.

The club own the rights to the Killie Pie name, so there will be a "Killie Pie" on sale.  No idea what the quality will be like.  The "Killie Pie" used to be made by WW Wales long before Brownings got involved - Brownings never had any real rights to the name.

The club own the rights to the Killie Pie name, so there will be a "Killie Pie" on sale.  No idea what the quality will be like.  The "Killie Pie" used to be made by WW Wales long before Brownings got involved - Brownings never had any real rights to the name.

The new Killie pie is a gravyless dry imposter.

We looked good for the first 20 but Killie have been in top since, wasting loads and loads of corners.

Well made goal, Quitongo would look better if the Killie number 4 could keep his hands to himself. Ref doing nothing about it.

Well it was a pumping. Killie defence couldn't cope with Quitongo, midfield were good and our defence coped well against Premier opposition, a good day's work for Duffy's Dynamos.

A couple of good signings and loanees and we're good to go. Mon eh 'Ton!!

That was unexpected.

We looked quite organised whilst Killie, for all their possession, had one trundling shot on target and a free kick which hit the post. Quitongo took his goal really well and ought to have buried the one-on-one he had shortly after. Defence closed the wingers down well and gave them no space.
Killie seemed more keen to play on the deck whilst we dealt better than them with the bounce.

Not getting carried away, but it's nice to know that when we sit out on Tuesday we can't be caught at the top of the group.

I did tell you that we had the capacity to hump it for ourselves, didn't I? No midfield and a fairly disorganised performance - simply must do better. Quitongo was brilliant, he took his goal well and I was amazed he didn't get a second goal with a few minutes to go. Simply have to put my hands up and say that we were turgid and Morton were the much better team.

Archived