Tyne/Wear/Tees - The North East Thread

12 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I didn't know that. That'll explain why the last few seasons they've not taken the full 3000 at Anfield. Knew there must be something. 

There was a pitch invasion during a pre-season friendly at Darlington (I think) a few seasons back, and after that the club did away with general sales or buying multiple tickets for away games.

It seemed a bit of an overreaction really, as you hardly ever get any trouble at our games.

11 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

There was a pitch invasion during a pre-season friendly at Darlington (I think) a few seasons back, and after that the club did away with general sales or buying multiple tickets for away games.

It seemed a bit of an overreaction really, as you hardly ever get any trouble at our games.

Ah was that what causes them to do it. Very true - I know folk will point to the horse incident - but never seen any bother at a Newcastle game. 

48 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Cheers Liverpool don't play until the Sunday so that could be something a bit different. 

Top v 2nd 

Graham Fenton (remember him scoring to cost Newcastle the league) now manager at south this season after previously managing north Shields. 

Years of rivalry this could be a cracker. 

Tickets on 0191 454 7800 

£6 / £4 with £1 postage if required though can pick up at ground. 

Edited by newcastle broon

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Top v 2nd 

Graham Fenton (remember him scoring to cost Newcastle the league) now manager at south this season after previously managing north Shields. 

Years of rivalry this could be a cracker. 

Tickets on 0191 454 7800 

£6 / £4 with £1 postage if required though can pick up at ground. 

Top man Newky, Sounds a cracker and only £6. 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Top man Newky, Sounds a cracker and only £6. 

No big shout to the sergeant for this one I'd forgotten all aboot it :D

Won't make this one but hopefully the return fixture. :)

Both teams flying at the minute.  

South are actually short priced favourites for the vase this season though have a tough tie on Saturday v Runcorn Linnets (another side steeped in history) 

22 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Middlesbrough I fear Karanka will spit his dummy oot again as per last season leaving them with a massive uphill task.  Results like Sunday are games they should be picking up points if they want to survive  ? 

The same dummy spitting that won his side the league last season? Clever motivator. 

4 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

The same dummy spitting that won his side the league last season? Clever motivator. 

Easier to walk oot and come back when winning games.  Might no be same when near bottom of league though but I suppose ye have a valid point. 

Ah was that what causes them to do it. Very true - I know folk will point to the horse incident - but never seen any bother at a Newcastle game. 

The main guy fighting on the pitch at Darlington.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/kane-hutchison-gateshead-sex-offender-8937114

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Boro came 2nd, but the point does still stand, Boro went on a 10 game unbeaten run til to the end of the season after the "dummy spitting".

Aye sorry, you're right. I'm sure it wasn't the first time he'd done it during a poor period, and it clearly wasn't the first time it got what appeared to be the desired result, either!

An absolute howler again for Sunderland at the weekend. Won't be long before its reflected in the home attendances. People, however passionate and loyal, have better things to do at a weekend than watch an absolutely spineless attempt to grab a 0-0 draw against mediocre opposition. Absolutely sick of it.

As stupid as it sounds, I look at Newcastle with envy at the moment. When you're scoring goals, pulling in the crowds and winning games, who really gives a f*** what division it's in.

• 3 weeks later...

New Premier League rule that clubs will have to have at least one pitch side section for away fans for next season. I know Sunderland have done that more recently than Newcastle, however it will be interesting to see where away fans are situated at both stadiums from next season. Assuming Newcastle are promoted, I'd hope it will see a big improvement in the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, BerwickMad said:

New Premier League rule that clubs will have to have at least one pitch side section for away fans for next season. I know Sunderland have done that more recently than Newcastle, however it will be interesting to see where away fans are situated at both stadiums from next season. Assuming Newcastle are promoted, I'd hope it will see a big improvement in the atmosphere.

It will make a massive difference. Being stuck away up in the gods always took the shine off one of the best away days of the season. The first time I went to St James Park we were in the corner down I wonder if Newcastle will return away fans to that area. 

With Sunderland expect a return to the old away end behind the other goal. 

On 11/14/2016 at 11:11, Rab B Nesbit said:

It will make a massive difference. Being stuck away up in the gods always took the shine off one of the best away days of the season. The first time I went to St James Park we were in the corner down I wonder if Newcastle will return away fans to that area. 

With Sunderland expect a return to the old away end behind the other goal. 

Not much chance of that. The South Stand is now the designated singing section and full of some of the loyalest fans who travel home and away and the adjacent corner is now the family enclosure and the club have also introduced a fan zone outside this area so will not want away fans adjacent to that, nor will they want to move people from the south stand. Most likely location is the North East corner or North West corner I reckon. Wont need to happen anyway for next season if we are relegated.

Logistically the North West corner would be the easiest to segregate and get the away fans in and out by road. I would not be surpirsed if both Newcastle and Sunderland got a dispensation to this rule for derby matches as well with backing from Northumbria Police. Those games are always full and have good atmospheres anyway.

Edited by Roker Rover