Tyne/Wear/Tees - The North East Thread

South Shields gain a 3rd successive promotion tonight with a 3-0 home win against Glossop North End in front of a watching 1437 spectators. They will now play in the Evostick Premier League next season. 

Edited by newcastle broon

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

South Shields gain a 3rd successive promotion tonight with a 3-0 home win against Glossop North End in front of a watching 1437 spectators. They will now play in the Evostick Premier League next season. 

They could be playing Sunderland in the NL in about 2 years at this rate.

In the whole of 2017, Sunderland took the lead three times in home league games. The first time, against Bolton, it lasted three minutes and within 10 minutes they were behind. The second time, against Millwall, it lasted four minutes and within eight minutes they were behind. The third time, against Fulham, the goal came after 77 minutes and Sunderland held on. They were ahead for 20 minutes at home in an entire year.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Sad to hear Jarrow Roofing folding 

Screenshot_20180507-152653.png

That's a shame, I've been there once, quite an experience in the "home made stand". The directions to the ground were obviously for Saturday's in daylight, walking through a country park from the station. It was pitch black and every step might have been my last. I met a woman walking her dog, I don't know who shat it the most. I walked the long way back.

A new Jarrow team joined the NL last season and there's still the neighbours, Boldon Colliery, which must be the closest 2 teams can be. There seems to be quite a turnover in the NL.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone, whether it be the Northern League, the National FA or a more regional FA, has had the bright idea of not deciding how many teams get relegated from Northern League Division 2 until this summer. So Crook Town are in the position of having played all their games but still not knowing if they're safe or not. Madness.

3 hours ago, Arsenal till I die said:

Someone, whether it be the Northern League, the National FA or a more regional FA, has had the bright idea of not deciding how many teams get relegated from Northern League Division 2 until this summer. So Crook Town are in the position of having played all their games but still not knowing if they're safe or not. Madness.

I noticed there was no R against the bottom teams. I assumed they'd been reprieved because no-one was able to come up.

Am I wrong?

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I noticed there was no R against the bottom teams. I assumed they'd been reprieved because no-one was able to come up.

Am I wrong?

It's really hard to say because of the lack of information but it's not uncommon, only 1 or 2 ended up going down last season. Someone who I believe is player/assistant manager requested me on facebook and has just put a rather cryptic status that somethings are just not meant to be. My options are to either butt into someone's status who I've never met in person, ask again on the group when I'd already got an answer (don't know yet) or do nothing and wonder.

I think it's because of this league reconstruction that's going on. The Step 5/6 leagues are supposed to go to max 20 teams per division across the board, so promotion and relegation won't be decided until all the leagues have finished as teams will be relegated and promoted based on points per game across all the leagues.

• 3 weeks later...