Tyne/Wear/Tees - The North East Thread

Gateshead's big game at Macclesfield on Tuesday had been postponed so next up for my home town club (and second team after Sunderland) is Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday. If they can do to them what they did to Forest Green a week or so ago, then I will start to believe the play offs are on again for the Heed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations go to South Shields who defeated Coleshill 4-0 today for a 6-1 aggregate win in front of a record 3464 crowd. 

They will now play Cleethorpes Town at Wembley. 

Gateshead remain in the play offs after a late winner giving them a 2-1 win over Dover. 

Gateshead have announced that the game v Lincoln City on Easter Monday will now be all ticket. 

Elsewhere Blyth Spartans continue to walk away with their league with a 4-0 victory v struggling Skelmersdale. 

Edited by newcastle broon

• 2 weeks later...

Gateshead go 10 matches unbeaten after a draw away at Eastleigh but drop out of the play offs. Next up a massive game away at fellow play off hopefuls Dover. 

Darlington are 2 points off the play offs for the national league after a 90+6 equaliser at Gainsborough. What a big point that could prove to be. 

Blyth go 12 points clear at the top of their league after another late show against Rushall Olympic. Rushall equalised in stoppage time but Blyth went up the park to secure a 2-1 win in front of 796 spectators. challengers including Spennymoor have at least 2 games in hand over Blyth but surely best having points in the bag and it's matter of time before they are champions after last seasons heartbreak. Breaking  100 points wasnt  enough last season so they'll be taking nothing for granted. 

Elsewhere the all ticket  Shields Derby takes place on Saturday 8th April and is shaping up nicely.  North Shields despite losing 3-1 to Shildon on Saturday are 14 points clear but South Shields (having sold out their allocation for the derby) have 5 games in hand. What a cracking match this could turn out to be. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hope South Shields get hammered. They should've been out months ago.

Canny argue with that lol (see previous page for reasons why) but got to give them a wee bit credit from going from 12 paying punters v Esh Winning,  only 2 and a bit seasons ago, playing 20 miles away at Peterlee to a total transformation back playing in front of decent crowds in a town where every other shirt used to be red or black and white stripes,  but the claret and blue is now starting to be seen. Fair play to the committee who stuck by them in them dark days. 

2 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

If the season ended now and No Yorkshire sides got through the play-offs our local derby would be with Burnley next season whilst Easter Road would be the nearest top flight ground. 

Fairly sure the bottom three Premiership teams will be the ones that go down, although Hull are at least making a fight of it. But a win for Swansea today relegated Boro and Sunderland are already fucked.

On 27/03/2017 at 12:22, newcastle broon said:

Gateshead go 10 matches unbeaten after a draw away at Eastleigh but drop out of the play offs. Next up a massive game away at fellow play off hopefuls Dover. 

Darlington are 2 points off the play offs for the national league after a 90+6 equaliser at Gainsborough. What a big point that could prove to be. 

Blyth go 12 points clear at the top of their league after another late show against Rushall Olympic. Rushall equalised in stoppage time but Blyth went up the park to secure a 2-1 win in front of 796 spectators. challengers including Spennymoor have at least 2 games in hand over Blyth but surely best having points in the bag and it's matter of time before they are champions after last seasons heartbreak. Breaking  100 points wasnt  enough last season so they'll be taking nothing for granted. 

Elsewhere the all ticket  Shields Derby takes place on Saturday 8th April and is shaping up nicely.  North Shields despite losing 3-1 to Shildon on Saturday are 14 points clear but South Shields (having sold out their allocation for the derby) have 5 games in hand. What a cracking match this could turn out to be. 

Gateshead look almost certain to miss out the play offs after a 2-0 defeat at Dover. They're now 4 points off the play offs with just 5 difficult games remaining. 

York get back to back league wins for the 1st time in 14 months meaning they can climb out of the bottom 3 for the 1st time since November with a victory on Tuesday at home to Bromley. Gary Mills definitely knows that league inside out and looks to have been a shrewd appointment. 

Darlington remain 2 points of a play off spot after being thumped 4-1 at champions elect Fylde. 

Blyths 1-0 win away at Stafford Rangers sees them go 14 clear at the top and surely a matter of time before they win the championship. Spennymoor look play off contenders after a 1-1 draw at 2nd placed Nantwich Town. 

North Shields shock 1-1 draw at lowly West Allotment Celtic on Friday night opens the door for South Shields who beat Bishop Auckland 1-0 to secure a 29th win in a row (if Ajax are looking in they do like Heineken doon south Shields way) :D. North now lead by 6 points with South having 3 games in hand with the big two meeting next Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Gateshead look almost certain to miss out the play offs after a 2-0 defeat at Dover. They're now 4 points off the play offs with just 5 difficult games remaining. 

York get back to back league wins for the 1st time in 14 months meaning they can climb out of the bottom 3 for the 1st time since November with a victory on Tuesday at home to Bromley. Gary Mills definitely knows that league inside out and looks to have been a shrewd appointment. 

Darlington remain 2 points of a play off spot after being thumped 4-1 at champions elect Fylde. 

Blyths 1-0 win away at Stafford Rangers sees them go 14 clear at the top and surely a matter of time before they win the championship. Spennymoor look play off contenders after a 1-1 draw at 2nd placed Nantwich Town. 

North Shields shock 1-1 draw at lowly West Allotment Celtic on Friday night opens the door for South Shields who beat Bishop Auckland 1-0 to secure a 29th win in a row (if Ajax are looking in they do like Heineken doon south Shields way) :D. North now lead by 6 points with South having 3 games in hand with the big two meeting next Saturday. 

Thank you to our North East correspondent :) 

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ha ha just thought would add a bit or two of non league fitba, folk probably think wtf but after all its a Tyne Wear Tees North East thread :D

It's a good read Newky. Was looking at the Good Friday / Easter Monday fixtures last night quite often come down and take in a couple of games with the different kick offs. 

On 03/04/2017 at 08:36, newcastle broon said:

York City's survival hopes suffered a blow with a 2-0 home defeat against Bromley on Tuesday night. York are 2 points adrift of safety now with 5 games to go. Interestingly enough should York go down they could well be playing in the same league as Blyth Spartans next season who are just 2 points away from the championship after a 1-0 win away at Rushall Olympic on Tuesday night. Blyth could clinch the title at home this Saturday with a victory over Halesowen Town. Only Spennymoor can catch them now as they moved up to 2nd with an impressive 4-0 win against Matlock Town on Tuesday night. 

Sad to see that  West Allotment Celtic have announced their resignation from the Northern league as the Northumberland FA to which have the headquarters where Allotment, 3rd from bottom of division 1 and facing relegation happen to play  have  put the rent up at their Whitley Road ground to £7500 per annum from £4500.

The club weren't prepared to step down 2 leagues to the northern alliance and there was no suitable groundshare facilities in the area. Having missed the deadline for next season they are in the unfortunate position of having to resign from the northern league. 

Who needs a pyramid? 

Pity about West Allotment, been a few times. I hope it's resolved it's too good a facilties not to have club play there. I'm still thinking about The Shields derby on Saturday even though I've no ticket. North have said there might be a cash gate. They won't keep me any and don't have credit card facilities to order over the phone. South have sold out.

Any toon locals fancy getting me one? There's a couple of pints in it for you.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pity about West Allotment, been a few times. I hope it's resolved it's too good a facilties not to have club play there. I'm still thinking about The Shields derby on Saturday even though I've no ticket. North have said there might be a cash gate. They won't keep me any and don't have credit card facilities to order over the phone. South have sold out.

Any toon locals fancy getting me one? There's a couple of pints in it for you.

Ah sorry Sarge if I was going wouldn't have been a problem. Fancied it myself but have other arrangements myself on Saturday. 

I did notice South Shields sold out their application (they were sent more have you tried them) Get yersel down there's bound to be spares floating around and failing that there's Gonnae be a decent atmosphere at Blyth on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Ah sorry Sarge if I was going wouldn't have been a problem. Fancied it myself but have other arrangements myself on Saturday. 

I did notice South Shields sold out their application (they were sent more have you tried them) Get yersel down there's bound to be spares floating around and failing that there's Gonnae be a decent atmosphere at Blyth on Saturday. 

I have, but I'll try both again tomorrow. Blyth is a good shout on my glory hunting hop.

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I've been and gone and done it. Going sans ticket, but I'm told there's a cash gate. If I don't get in I'll price a taxi to Blyth. If that fails, Whitey Bay here I come. Plan D and E will be West Allotment or Heaton.

Quite a lot of choice in the area, even Gatesheed are at home, but I'm not going there.

Got in no problem. South Shields won 1-0 and should go on to win the league and probably the Vase.  1575 was the published crowd, but I think there was more. Good day for the non league clubs in the north east with Blyth winning the league.