2016 NCAA Football

alexp

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FSU getting absolutely hammered in Louisville

Louisville are great to watch. Jackson ooooft. Seen them annihilate Syracuse last week, won 70-14 (?) the first week and then that today. Wow.

Are Alabama not ranked number 1? Think they've been pretty meh although very hard done by in that few minutes back there

Alabama are #1 ranked, but I'm not sure if that's due to Saban's record or their perceived depth or winning the National Championship last time out. To be honest the rankings don't always make sense to me as someone who is only really a casual viewer and has only really taken an interest after ditching Sky Sports but keeping BT. Some great games though - Oregon @ Nebraska and Alabama @ Ole Miss just now then USC @ Stanford at 1 am if I can stay up...

Alabama are #1 ranked, but I'm not sure if that's due to Saban's record or their perceived depth or winning the National Championship last time out. To be honest the rankings don't always make sense to me as someone who is only really a casual viewer and has only really taken an interest after ditching Sky Sports but keeping BT. Some great games though - Oregon @ Nebraska and Alabama @ Ole Miss just now then USC @ Stanford at 1 am if I can stay up...

Record them!! Stay by myself now and have BT so if I'm not out at the weekend I just sit and watch them all after recording, caught up tonight though as wanted to see this one live.

Some good stuff here at the moment, suppose the fact it's still a tie keeps it interesting, some hold out from Alabama. Video review guy been busy. [emoji102]

If I record them I'd never get them seen! I do record the National Championship Game though. I try to watch that the next day while avoiding the result which isn't as easy as you'd think these days as there's always someone on social media who you don't expect to mention it but does.

Aye I'm alright. My only responsibility outside of work is uni work (which I just do in work anyway) and getting pished. Manage to skip through all the breaks etc and watch the games in about an hour and a half when they're recorded. Will watch the 1am game live though so won't have many to catch up on this week.

Another very enjoyable game there and a great win for Alabama in the end, nearly chucked it though, found it amazing that Ole Miss scored 13 points in 8 seconds to get back into it.

Just out of interest, this is my first real year watching College football, caught bits last year but not as much as this. Hard to judge the standard of guys, who can we be looking at to be drafted next season even at this stage? Also how long are guys playing college for before they're eligible for the draft?

Hoping to start seeing guys filter through that I recognise, some guys I've been really impressed with. Jackson in particular like I said earlier, the guy Buechele who's a freshman at Texas I think also stood out when I saw him.

Aye I'm alright. My only responsibility outside of work is uni work (which I just do in work anyway) and getting pished. Manage to skip through all the breaks etc and watch the games in about an hour and a half when they're recorded. Will watch the 1am game live though so won't have many to catch up on this week.

Another very enjoyable game there and a great win for Alabama in the end, nearly chucked it though, found it amazing that Ole Miss scored 13 points in 8 seconds to get back into it.

Just out of interest, this is my first real year watching College football, caught bits last year but not as much as this. Hard to judge the standard of guys, who can we be looking at to be drafted next season even at this stage? Also how long are guys playing college for before they're eligible for the draft?

Hoping to start seeing guys filter through that I recognise, some guys I've been really impressed with. Jackson in particular like I said earlier, the guy Buechele who's a freshman at Texas I think also stood out when I saw him.

Need to play three years to get drafted I believe. DeShaun Watson of Clemson is getting projected as the number one pick.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2017-nfl-draft-prospects-ranking-klatt-first-fox-50-091516

On 18 September 2016 at 09:19, lichtie23 said:

3 years out of high school isn't it. And a redshirt year counts

Yeah it counts but it doesnt have to, so it can be between 3 and 5 years before you see someone drafted. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/all

^ thats your best bet for draft prospects. Nearer yhe end of the season you'll see more guys get a write up as well and its Dane Brugler who does most of the evaluations for CBS. He puts a crazy amount of work in to his job. Easily the most reliable media scout in the business

Jackson looks tremendous, there's a video kicking about from his high school days and he is ripping the pish with linebackers flying in all directions as he fakes and dances around him.

I suspect young Master Watson will be the 0-16 Browns pick.

Archived