2016 NCAA Football

alexp

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manage to pick myself up a team (girlfriend is a huuuge Baylor fan so I figured Id jump on board) and decided to watch my first college game as a fan last night :)

good fun. I do have a problem of not being able to stop watching it like a scout though :lol: dynasty fantasy football has ruined me forever. (On that note though, keep an eye on KD Cannon and Shock Linwood this season... ;) )

On 22/07/2016 at 16:56, Paul Marnie said:

Last year was an embarrassment for UCF...winless and considered by many as the worst college team in the land.

New coach in Scott Frost, who had been at the Ducks for a few years, principally as their OC for the last couple of seasons.

Onwards and upwards for the new season...Go Knights.

I was at their game against U Conn last year and it was painful viewing. Terrible.

I'm pretty spoilt for games here between TSN answer the US channels I can pick up from Buffalo. Started off with the BC Georgia State game at 7.30, ESPN had a quick facts thing on Ireland and said it had 32 counties, zombies would be raging. Next up I started with Michigan Hawaii, early on the game was a blowout. Switched to Houston Oklahoma, glad I did, great game. Then LSU Wisconsin.  Another good game, I think "home field" advantage really helped Wisconsin. Next up was USA Bama. This game was similar to the Michigan game so lasted till 9PM then Clemson Auburn started and so far has been a good game. After watching Last Chance U it's interesting to see John Franklin III get some snaps, rooting for Clemson still tho

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

I'm pretty spoilt for games here between TSN answer the US channels I can pick up from Buffalo. Started off with the BC Georgia State game at 7.30, ESPN had a quick facts thing on Ireland and said it had 32 counties, zombies would be raging. Next up I started with Michigan Hawaii, early on the game was a blowout. Switched to Houston Oklahoma, glad I did, great game. Then LSU Wisconsin.  Another good game, I think "home field" advantage really helped Wisconsin. Next up was USA Bama. This game was similar to the Michigan game so lasted till 9PM then Clemson Auburn started and so far has been a good game. After watching Last Chance U it's interesting to see John Franklin III get some snaps, rooting for Clemson still tho

You have no idea how jealous I am :/

I was at their game against U Conn last year and it was painful viewing. Terrible.

Yeh, was at the East Carolina game last year with my family. 3 quarters of sitting in the pissing rain watching the Knights getting horsed was too much for them, I have a feeling I'll be on my own next time.

In better news...Knights WIN! 38-0 over South Carolina State. Already bettered last season's record :lol:

We were on the far side of field from the main pavilion and it must have been about 95 degrees, my 3 year old had a meltdown about halftime so we called it a day. I'm going back this Friday and suspect if I can catch a game I'll be on my own too!

Yeah, I saw they won last night. Noticed they have Michigan at the Big House on their schedule this year, don't see that going too well.

Watched a few games this weekend but this Texas v Notre Dame has been unreal so far only 5 minutes in, hopefully keeps up like this. New guy Bueschele off to a flyer.

Eta: fell asleep but had it recorded, put it on today, recording cut off, just caught up on the highlights and wow, what a game. Game of the season already maybe. Scenes

After a fantastic first week of action, week two looks pretty poor. The most interesting game of the week is probably Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee, being played at Bristol Motor Speedway.:blink:

636088546334021112-AP-TENNESSEE-BATTLE-A

A few SEC and ACC conference games which I suppose could be worth a watch as well, I suppose.

Archived