Oktoberfest 2016

donny86

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, 3rd time going and I love it. Anyone that's reading this thinking 'I'd love to go' you should definitely go, one of the best events I've ever been to.

We'll probably go to the Spaten tent on day one, we went there on our last day the last time we were there and it had more of a party vibe than any other tent we'd been to but we were all rough so didn't get involved as much as we'd have liked to. We'll also make a trip to the Augustiner tent, purely because it's our favourite beer.

Where are you intending on going?

Going to the Hofbrau on the Friday, schottenhamel Saturday afternoon but still trying to sort something for the Sunday.

I went for the first time last year not knowing what to expect but decided to re-book as soon as we came home

4 hours ago, donny86 said:

Going to the Hofbrau on the Friday, schottenhamel Saturday afternoon but still trying to sort something for the Sunday.

I went for the first time last year not knowing what to expect but decided to re-book as soon as we came home

Hofbrau is cracking, we were in there the last time we went. No matter what tent you're in you're guaranteed to have an amazing time. Enjoy yourself :thumsup2

• 1 month later...

We are going again - been every year for about 10years now and I don't even drink :lol:

Will probably end up in the Augustiner tent as that tends to be everyone's favourite beer. I am not sure if the altwiesen is on this year - you pay a bit extra but its brilliant, very old fashioned, the folk I was with absolutely raved about the beer - OH was still talking about it after we'd been home for about 3 weeks, he loved it that much.

We tend to go as part of a bigger holiday as we have friends in Munich we stay with for a night or two. We are heading to Stuttgart and Augsburg first this year.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is on this year. What dates are you going? We fly out tomorrow

Apologies, just saw this.

We were out in Germany from last Thursday to Tuesday this week. Went to the Augustiner tent on Monday which was the last day.

It was brilliant, had an excellent time and was chatting to some blokes from Linz about football, they play Wales tonight and one of our group is a Welshman so that was fun [emoji4]

We'd been hoping to get to a game but managed to time it so that we were not in any of the cities we were visiting when there was a game on.

Archived