Bizarre article in yesterday's Evening Times

glensmad

The reporter has defo been on the batter typing this one would love to have won this cup last year, maybe we should have but lost on pens to the peasie hope the journalist corrects his error cheers

To be fair to Jim O'Donnell, he has told me in the past that his editor regularly changes his articles and makes him look a bit daft in front of the knowledgable junior fraternity.

I write for the Rutherglen Reformer, and sometimes read what has been edited and think to myself, "do people really think I wrote that ?"

But getting the winner of a cup final wrong, and having an interview with the losing manager talking as if they won it is just very strange.

Nothing will ever top the full page article (with pictures and quotes) about Drew McWilliams re-signing for Glencairn from Pollok, while Drew was abroad on holiday and knew nothing about it till his old man picked him up at the airport on his return and asked him about it !

To be fair to Jim O'Donnell, he has told me in the past that his editor regularly changes his articles and makes him look a bit daft in front of the knowledgable junior fraternity.

I write for the Rutherglen Reformer, and sometimes read what has been edited and think to myself, "do people really think I wrote that ?"

But getting the winner of a cup final wrong, and having an interview with the losing manager talking as if they won it is just very strange.

Some of the articles printed in the Times aren't even written by Jim. I was beginning to wonder if everyone at the final had suffered a collective delusion and the Vale had in fact won. Maybe big Currie has convinced himself that they actually scored a few of the chances they should have early in the game.

16 minutes ago, renfrewfc said:

Was it the Evening Times who, last season, published a match report of a pre-season friendly between Beith and the Ants from the year before? 

:lol: Yes it did , what happened was someone posted on a thread from the previous year which put that ancient thread to the top of the page , obviously the evening times guy went in and saw the thread saying pre - season games and two days later in his evening times friendly reviews he took the exact same info about the Score and scorers straight from here. 

He done not too bad as the info was correct although a year out :lol: 

claiming to to have someone there but it was taken straight from here. 

42 minutes ago, glensmad said:

This isn't a confessional,glensmad.  :( Actually the piece in question looks like it could have been penned by the guy who gave us the Beith/Raith classic where he obviously believed that he was writing about a weans'fitba team.:1eyehttp://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14552695.Glasgow_dry_cleaners__new_soap_powder_helped_Beith_Juniors_lift_cup/

3 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

This isn't a confessional,glensmad.  :( Actually the piece in question looks like it could have been penned by the guy who gave us the Beith/Raith classic where he obviously believed that he was writing about a weans'fitba team.:1eyehttp://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14552695.Glasgow_dry_cleaners__new_soap_powder_helped_Beith_Juniors_lift_cup/

This is class :) 

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

That mob know how to 'spin' a yarn, eh? Whoever wrote it should have got 'rinsed' for it.
In all my 'daz' I've never read such a bag of washing!

Whilst it might be bold to suggest that anyone should be hung out to dry or given a good bleachin over this report,it's apparent that there are problems that need to be ironed out here.

Incidentally,I'm told that work on the development of a new German super strength,stain removing wash powder actually began after a chance holiday encounter with an inebriated guy in a sweat-stained Talbot top. :huh:

Archived