Bogey Teams

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie would be the stand out for me. The year we went into admin, we went into the final game needing a win against already relegated Airdrie (at East End) to stay up. We missed about 400 sitters and as a result ended up in the playoffs, losing out to Alloa. There's been a good 4 or 5 games throughout the past couple of years with similar situations. Taking nothing away from Airdrie, but it was like we tried our very best to lose the game.

Inverness seem to do well against us. Can't recall ever being on the receiving end of a heavy defeat but late goals to equalise or win the game certainly rings a bell.

The saddest one - Falkirk. Growing up we had a cracking team and Falkirk were never close. But once then got promoted to the SPL in about 05/06 they've been pretty dominant over us. Apart from our league winning season in 2010/11 I can't recall a good performance.

Whilst we've done not to badly against these teams in recent games I think most Rovers fans would agree that games, particularly away, to the likes of Morton, Alloa and Livi were seen as bogey games. Livi especially used to horse us home and away up until late. Also, whilst we're not in the same league, I don't think we've beat ICT in the last 20+ games we've played them.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

You.

I almost feel guilty about your record against us. What was it - three seasons in the same league, loads of cup games and you only won once? JJ even sent the youth team to play you in a league game and you still didn't win. 

Since we were promoted to the Championship I'd say Queen of the South.  We got the better of them in our first meeting at Palmerston but have only beaten them (I think) once since. There may have been another win at the tail end of last season (4-2 rings a bell?) come to think of it, but our record is honking against them.

Caley are always scoring late goals and jammy ones.

They got a penalty that was so bad they were laughing at eep.

I can't think of many good performances against st mirren apart from the infamous 5-1 kozma show.

Archived