Inverness C Thistles v Dundee Uniteds - tie of the round

banana

Has Justin Johnson picked up an injury or something, he didn't feature against Cowden or ICT?

Also Matty and Brad Smith haven't featured at all this season after finishing last season, have they been punted back to the Under 20s?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Justin Johnson picked up an injury or something, he didn't feature against Cowden or ICT?

Also Matty and Brad Smith haven't featured at all this season after finishing last season, have they been punted back to the Under 20s?

apparently JJ has been demoted due to his attitude.

Matty Smith Is back from Injury right now I believe.

16 hours ago, powerhouse7 said:

Murdoch is such an upgrade from Paton

He had a strong finish to last season so it was a slight surprise that he was allowed to go so easily.

County currently have two fit CMs and both can barely put a tackle in. Hope he does well for you.

26 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

He had a strong finish to last season so it was a slight surprise that he was allowed to go so easily.

County currently have two fit CMs and both can barely put a tackle in. Hope he does well for you.

Surprised that I knew little of him before other than in passing on teamsheets. He is indeed looking like a slightly better Paton, and without the attitude.

Thought that was a good game. Both sides looked pretty tidy at points. From an ICT point of view it was disappointing to lose a goal so soon after half time and also in a very similar way to the one against Cowdenbeath with an attack down the flank before the ball was moved inside. We left ourselves quite exposed when the ball came in off the right but it was a tidy finish. Some pretty poor penalties for us. As soon as Tansey missed we were pretty much done. Draper should have been sent off for a couple of pretty late tackles.

Mulraney and King had a good game for us on the wings.McNaughton strolled through most of the game and Mackay did fine for the most part in goal for us although I wonder if he might have done better at the United goal. Didn't really recognise a lot of the United team but they played some excellent stuff in parts. At one point in the first half a succession of rapid passes carved us open and van der Welden (I think) spurned a great chance at the back post.

Referee was diabolical.

Hopefully we can still make it through but I'm not overly fussed if we don't. I just really want us to get settled into a slightly different style of play under Foran and hopefully have a decent league campaign. Looking forward to Dunfermline on Tuesday night.

Probably a fair outcome of the game being a draw - It's a decent addition having the penalties after rather than just playing out a draw.

Agree with the above comments regarding the referee poor with a lot of decisions. Draper so often is aggressive with his challenges and runs the risk of being considered to use excessive force however he usually just gets the ball. Yesterday his all round game was that of a pre-season one just to slow to the ball and slack in his passing. Really he was lucky to remain on the park in the first half with the studs up challenge which he just won the ball on and on another day certainly would have walked for it.

Dundee United fans have certainly groaned every time they've faced us due to the physicality ever since the cup night game when Gauld, GMS and more got the treatment but it works both ways. Mulraney in the second half played the best part of 25 minutes and must have been fouled upwards of 6-7 times. 

Thought Dundee United looked fairly solid throughout the team and certainly showed more willingness to run and fight for every ball than last season which I'm sure will serve you all well this season.

Archived