William Hill Scottish Prelim Rounds 1&2

tommyboy

News Detail » William Hill Scottish Cup Latest: Colville Park AFC

William Hill Scottish Cup Latest: Colville Park AFC

The draw for Preliminary Rounds One and Two of the 2016-17 William Hill Scottish Cup took place at Coldstream Museum, Market Square in Coldstream on Monday 18 July at 6.15 pm

Edusport Acad v Colville Park

Newton Stewart V Beith

Wigton & Bladnoch v Auchinleck

Glasgow Uni v Bonnyrigg

St. Cuthberts v Leith 

2nd. Round:

St Cuthberts or Leith v Coldstream

Glasgow Uni or Bonnyrigg v Burntisland Shipyard

Edusport or Colville v Girvan

Threave Rovers v Linlithgow

Banks o Dee v Golspie Sutherland

Newton Stewart or Beith v Wigton & Bladnoch or Talbot

1st Round ties to be played on Sat 13 August

2nd Round ties to be played on Sat 3 September

Don't know anything about the French lads against the ammies in the first round...but I did think that Girvan had lost their automatic place for this year ?

Also...I'm thinking that will probably be Beith -v- Auchinleck Talbot in the second round...not counting chickens...

29 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

It's a shame that 2 junior teams could face each other in the preliminary rnd 2.
I'm also beginning to think Talbot are jinxed with away draws.

2000 miles we went last season - you're not even on the jinxed radar!  Tough on both teams but feels like this reorganisation is almost designed to put strong teams against each other before some absolute dross appears in round 1 proper. That's the price of failing to join the pyramid though. 

2 hours ago, Van magic said:

Glasgow uni any info ?

They have a number of teams in the Glasgow Amateur leagues with the best,and probably the side that you'll face,playing in the Caledonian league.In recent years they haven't featured in the latter stages of any of the top Ammy cups and they've fared badly against good Junior sides in this competition,so I think it would be seen as quite a surprise if they managed to get a result against your club.

31 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

They have a number of teams in the Glasgow Amateur leagues with the best,and probably the side that you'll face,playing in the Caledonian league.In recent years they haven't featured in the latter stages of any of the top Ammy cups and they've fared badly against good Junior sides in this competition,so I think it would be seen as quite a surprise if they managed to get a result against your club.

Glasgow uni are dreadful

4 hours ago, HTG said:

Tough on both teams but feels like this reorganisation is almost designed to put strong teams against each other before some absolute dross appears in round 1 proper...

Is there any prize money for the preliminary rounds? Definitely looks like a way to empty out at least some of the better non-LL and HL clubs before the handouts start and to disincentivise any further growth in full membership numbers from SJFA clubs now Girvan may have set the precedent that being outside the EoS and SoS leagues is OK.

I remember there being something about prize money being the same as the 1st round for preliminary games. So Talbot would get £3000 for being knocked out in the 1st round where as Hawick or rothes would get £1000. Maybe its not a conspiracy after all

57 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I asked HTG, because he is likely to have access to this information given his club are in the second preliminary round.

No idea. Haven't really paid attention to the money side. I think  licenced clubs got a bye through preliminary round 1 but that's about it. 

Desperately unlucky for Talbot and Beith. Normally Talbot would be slight favs because they're a great cup side but Beith are the team with the Scottish cup on their mantelpiece and have home advantage so who knows. If that tie happens it will be a cracker. Should be an easy 4 figure crowd. 

Archived