BSC Alloa

Mystic Meg

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

ooooft, and handing out negatives rather than actually addressing the very valid points raised. Well done.

How many times can the same point be addressed?? It comes up on here all the time, and no matter what's said, the same tired old replies come. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

How many times can the same point be addressed?? It comes up on here all the time, and no matter what's said, the same tired old replies come. 

Ignore it then if it doesn't interest you, and let everyone else get on repeating themselves. Forums are great for that.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Ignore it then if it doesn't interest you, and let everyone else get on repeating themselves. Forums are great for that.

Where did I say it didn't interest me old chap?When someone has something new to add, or stops taking cheap shots, or stops handing out insults (ring any bells?)I may take more of an interest. 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Football without fans is nothing, some famous Scotland football person once said, and it's true. Now, every new club has to start somewhere of course, and establish themselves and a fan base, but that shouldn't be at the 5th tier of Scottish football. there are clubs with literally no fans with the only people watching parents and WAGS. It's entirely valid to debate this issue without it being called "pish".

Clydebank have an established fan base equal or greater than anything in the LL.  I don't get the Bournemouth analogy.

This 250 fan base that clydebank have really does get the sporting juices flowing for a few

30 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The same guys that keep up the same patter are just bitter their teams are not part of the LL set up. It must hurt them that much seeing the progression of the LL :)

Got it in one....One of the overwhelming factors from day one of the lowland league has been the positivity from all involved...no one is stupid enough to think it's 100% faultless but the respect and good nature between all teams has been very evident(shown in the support of Edinburgh City in there play off)...Every topic having a pop about one thing or another *usually crowds is started by the usual suspects and the predictable rants.....I find it rather amusing more than thought provoking 

29 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

It's gone from 100/150 to 250 quick style!

Yep.the 100/150 was the figure there would be more than the average ll game and the 250 would be the general fan base. ..easy really

13 minutes ago, magoo said:

Yep.the 100/150 was the figure there would be more than the average ll game and the 250 would be the general fan base. ..easy really

Not been to any of our games then have you?

The 100/150 figure that you quote is more akin to our away following.

As much chance of promotion to the SPFL as Whitehill Newky unless lights have gone up or your planning to play at Alloa if you went up.;)

Where did I say it didn't interest me old chap?When someone has something new to add, or stops taking cheap shots, or stops handing out insults (ring any bells?)I may take more of an interest. 

Insults and cheap shots? Feel free to highlight them and debate the point old bean. It's a forum.

The same guys that keep up the same patter are just bitter their teams are not part of the LL set up. It must hurt them that much seeing the progression of the LL [emoji4]

You always want to turn it into a them v us confrontation when the fact is we're all just fitba fans who want to see this shambles turned around for the benefit to all. Not too much to hope for.

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

As much chance of promotion to the SPFL as Whitehill Newky unless lights have gone up or your planning to play at Alloa if you went up.;)

One of the issues clubs face when they have/own there ground... as you will be well aware....oh wait

59 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You always want to turn it into a them v us confrontation when the fact is we're all just fitba fans who want to see this shambles turned around for the benefit to all. Not too much to hope for.

I could probably name 10 more shambolic issues with Scottish football that are further up the ladder than the lowland league...In fact for a league 3 seasons old some people would suggest it's been a decent success 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Aye ok so i do who mentioned them v us  :D 

junior fans looking in on LL forum hmmm :D

so you wouldn't want yer team in the LL then :)

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

See ye criticised someone for knowing feck all aboot your club yet ye know absolute hee haw aboot ww or their plans. Id say we're 100% certain more chance  of progressing through the pyramid than yous, I'd have my mortgage on that one ;)

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Football without fans is nothing, some famous Scotland football person once said, and it's true. Now, every new club has to start somewhere of course, and establish themselves and a fan base, but that shouldn't be at the 5th tier of Scottish football. there are clubs with literally no fans with the only people watching parents and WAGS. It's entirely valid to debate this issue without it being called "pish".

Clydebank have an established fan base equal or greater than anything in the LL.  I don't get the Bournemouth analogy.

Out of interest what sort of crowds does your team get  ? 

Probably aboot the same as mine I'd imagine  but I don't go shouting from the rooftops demanding they shouldn't be in the LL because of it  ? 

If ye can survive wi 3 men and a dug watching I don't see the problem,correct me if I'm wrong ?  

1 hour ago, magoo said:

I could probably name 10 more shambolic issues with Scottish football that are further up the ladder than the lowland league...In fact for a league 3 seasons old some people would suggest it's been a decent success 

Yeah, but the governing body should be able to multi-task should it not? well they should if they weren't a shambles themselves and were remotely interested.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Out of interest what sort of crowds does your team get  ? 

Probably aboot the same as mine I'd imagine  but I don't go shouting from the rooftops demanding they shouldn't be in the LL because of it  ? 

If ye can survive wi 3 men and a dug watching I don't see the problem,correct me if I'm wrong ?  

We're a wee team in the bottom rung of the Juniors, anywhere between 50-70 on average.

I doubt anyone at the club pays much attention to the LL, and rightly so, if it was being done correctly it would be full of the best clubs non-league south of the Tay has to offer, so way above our level. It's supposed to be the 5th tier of Scottish football afterall, no place for three men or three dugs.

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

We're a wee team in the bottom rung of the Juniors, anywhere between 50-70 on average.

I doubt anyone at the club pays much attention to the LL, and rightly so, if it was being done correctly it would be full of the best clubs non-league south of the Tay has to offer, so way above our level. It's supposed to be the 5th tier of Scottish football afterall, no place for three men or three dugs.

U can hardly blame the sfa for the mindset of committee's in Ayrshire and west Lothian with there insular outlook and tribal attitude to football and there clubs.they opened up the closed shop to all,put in a criteria rule which is easily achieved. If clubs don't take advantage so be it.

Archived