BSC Alloa

Mystic Meg

4 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Every time I see this thread this is all I see.

Talk about a broken record

If the club's are sustaining themselves and they are licensed to play at that level and they avoid relegation then they have every right to be in the league irregardless of fan Base. Dumbarton get 800 fans and falkirk get 4500 heaven forbid dumbarton be allowed in the league with that crowd. Get a grip of yourself for feck sake

If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that I said it made no difference to their chances of progressing! All I was saying was it made no difference whether they played at Alloa or whether they'd stayed at Maryhill because nobody went anyway.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

What's that got to do with it? I'm merely stating a fact!

Its not going to make any difference to their chances of progressing as nobody goes to watch them anyway is all I'm saying

3 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that I said it made no difference to their chances of progressing! All I was saying was it made no difference whether they played at Alloa or whether they'd stayed at Maryhill because nobody went anyway.

But they still have more chance than yous of progressing ;)

I was making reference to several other threads on this forum where remarks are made too attendences in the LL. It does make a difference as the team had begun to establish themselves on a playing field they played on regularly. Granted it was a groundshare and I am not 100% sure on the details of why they have relocated to Alloa. It certainly isn't a move they will take lightly and they have accrued a fan Base going on crowds published by other LL clubs in their programmes. Granted the crowds aren't massive and vary between I believe 50-100 how many will go to Alloa every week? Alloa is a fair hike from Glasgow as far as a ground share goes. With Alloa and Sauchie being near by and sharing a catchment area with dunfermline near by and falkirk, two clubs who are well supported, and the amount of rangers and celtic fans that make a spread across the country I think they will struggle to find interested people. I mean this with no disrespect I believe this move wasn't taken lightly and made as necessity.

Back to the crowd Base. And on the basis of the 50-100 people that would make a trip to Alloa to watch them every second Saturday I would say a small minority would. I only come to this conclusion of my team, stenhousemuir average between 450-550 at home yet are luck if we take 40-50 to an away game. That is 10% of our average fan Base.

I think it is unfair for a club to be chastised for making a move that they would deem essential. Ffs they wouldn't have played a home game at Palmerston if it wasn't a necessity. And as a clydebank fan who's club has had difficulty with the airdrie situation and losing kilbowie park and having to groundshared with yoker, granted that is in clydebank, but if you had it your way I'm sure you would either still be st kilbowie or have your own new ground. Which I'm sure bsc would prefer also but necessity out weighs want

Back to the crowd Base. And on the basis of the 50-100 people that would make a trip to Alloa to watch them every second Saturday I would say a small minority would. I only come to this conclusion of my team, stenhousemuir average between 450-550 at home yet are luck if we take 40-50 to an away game. That is 10% of our average fan Base.

We have the same issue, some away games we can take about 20 fans if we're lucky. I've been told that there are quite a few punter who have season tickets for both Shire and Stenny and just go to Ochilview every week, not sure what that exact figure is but I wouldnt blame the older guys in the crowds that dont want to travel to Elgin, Peterhead etc.

I worked in Alloa and the place is full of Rangers fans, only a small minority of the place get behind their local team as it is, but if you love your club then is a 45 minute drive to see them play on a Saturday too much to ask?

We have the same issue, some away games we can take about 20 fans if we're lucky. I've been told that there are quite a few punter who have season tickets for both Shire and Stenny and just go to Ochilview every week, not sure what that exact figure is but I wouldnt blame the older guys in the crowds that dont want to travel to Elgin, Peterhead etc.

I worked in Alloa and the place is full of Rangers fans, only a small minority of the place get behind their local team as it is, but if you love your club then is a 45 minute drive to see them play on a Saturday too much to ask?

I agree with your end statement. When I lived in Aberdeen for work I still made as many games as I could. Now I live in North ayrshire and besides family commitments and other commitments whenever I get the chance I'm through at ochilview. I just hope that those fans that were attending will continue and not see it as an away slog every week

On a side note I hope you guys come back up. I have a feeling we could be league 2 bound and it would be good to get our derby back

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 01:09, Bankies Alive said:

No basically being your usual sociopathic self..talking shite,stirring shite and filling all social media outlets with.......shite

I agree with your end statement. When I lived in Aberdeen for work I still made as many games as I could. Now I live in North ayrshire and besides family commitments and other commitments whenever I get the chance I'm through at ochilview. I just hope that those fans that were attending will continue and not see it as an away slog every week

On a side note I hope you guys come back up. I have a feeling we could be league 2 bound and it would be good to get our derby back

Cheers mate, it's something we've all missed. I think we've only met once since you went up.

It was the 4 most improtant dates on the calendar year before you spoiled it!

Cheers mate, it's something we've all missed. I think we've only met once since you went up.

It was the 4 most improtant dates on the calendar year before you spoiled it!

Haha we did. And how we did it I don't know. Only we could sit comfortably at the top of 3rd division and slip down to 6th before consolidating in 4th and winning the play offs with 3 0-0 draws lol

Clydebank FC have never played outside of the town of Clydebank since we came back in 2003 as a fan owned club.

The club have been working hard in all those years to find a permanent home in the town which you`ll appreciate is difficult given that we have nothing and no right to anything!

Having said that we have reached agreement with the council and an announcement will made shortly regarding a solution and an end to our ground problems.

This is completely different To Billy Smarts Circus who are a total and utter joke and should never have been acepted into the so called 5th level of professional football in the country

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

However, to be criticised by a fan of Clydebank of all teams - still homeless and lodging at Yoker - does seem a bit hypocritical.

Although to be fair, Clydebank have a solid groundshare agreement with Yoker and have been there for a long time, plus it’s within a stones throw of their old patch and their fanbase.  Hardly something to criticise. 

How clubs can obtain licences whilst having no security over where they play home games is baffling. You won’t get a licence if you have a fence that someone can squint through, but it’s OK if you have no fence and no ground at all.

BSC are a joke, if they were based in Edinburgh they wouldn’t have got into the LL in the first place, they got in because of where they are from but are now in Clackmannanshire! I wasn’t aware Stirling Uni have moved again, to Falkirk, and how Glasgow Uni can be allowed to have a licence whilst borrowing Airdrie (and having no interest in the Pyramid) beats me. As for Edusport, weren’t they scraping around for home venues and even played in Dumfries? They could be in the LL the season after next.  The shambles continues.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

However, to be criticised by a fan of Clydebank of all teams - still homeless and lodging at Yoker - does seem a bit hypocritical.

Yoker's ground is a hop, skip and a jump away from Clydeholm Park where the original Clydebank FC played in the SFL pre-WWII:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/55°53'34.1"N+4°23'16.8"W/@55.8928,-4.388,2309m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d55.8928!4d-4.388?hl=en

Clydebank are playing in what is universally recognised as their home town with a stable lease agreement and can hardly be criticised for what Jack Steadman did to cash in on holding the deeds to Kilbowie. I don't think there is any LL club (including East Stirlingshire) that attract as large a regular home following as Clydebank, so their absence from the new fifth tier was a major blow to its credibility in the west of Scotland given they were an obvious example of a club that would be expected to want to play its way back into the national divisions.

Funny how Glasgow City can announce plans for a ground in the Dunbartonshire area and Clydebank can't... maybe Glasgow City FC have more masons on their committee.

Anyway as a supporter of a SCOTTISH LEAGUE Club I think the SPFL needs a strong Clydebank :)

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yoker's ground is a hop, skip and a jump away from Clydeholm Park where the original Clydebank FC played in the SFL pre-WWII:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/55°53'34.1"N+4°23'16.8"W/@55.8928,-4.388,2309m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d55.8928!4d-4.388?hl=en

Clydebank are playing in what is universally recognised as their home town with a stable lease agreement and can hardly be criticised for what Jack Steadman did to cash in on holding the deeds to Kilbowie. I don't think there is any LL club (including East Stirlingshire) that attract as large a regular home following as Clydebank, so their absence from the new fifth tier was a major blow to its credibility in the west of Scotland given they were an obvious example of a club that would be expected to want to play its way back into the national divisions.

Can we at some point draw a line thro the ammount of fans pish that seems to have crept in regards the standing of teams in football. It never has or ever will have any bearing on where a team should or shouldn't be. (Considering were talking about 100/150 in clydebank terms makes it even more if a joke but that's no relevance )..If the logic of some on hear was to be taken on board Bournemouth would be demoted before a ball was kicked

2 hours ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

It it must be difficult for you Bankies Alive, being this angry and obsessed over something you supposedly don't care about?

i like what you have done with the initials though, that's clever. Keep up the good work.

ooooft, and handing out negatives rather than actually addressing the very valid points raised. Well done.

1 hour ago, magoo said:

Can we at some point draw a line thro the ammount of fans pish that seems to have crept in regards the standing of teams in football. It never has or ever will have any bearing on where a team should or shouldn't be. (Considering were talking about 100/150 in clydebank terms makes it even more if a joke but that's no relevance )..If the logic of some on hear was to be taken on board Bournemouth would be demoted before a ball was kicked

Football without fans is nothing, some famous Scotland football person once said, and it's true. Now, every new club has to start somewhere of course, and establish themselves and a fan base, but that shouldn't be at the 5th tier of Scottish football. there are clubs with literally no fans with the only people watching parents and WAGS. It's entirely valid to debate this issue without it being called "pish".

Clydebank have an established fan base equal or greater than anything in the LL.  I don't get the Bournemouth analogy.

Archived