Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

Overall very impressed by our performance tonight. Scott and McCord very good in the middle of the park. Impressed by Phillips again. Kader will infuriate the f**k out of me this season unfortunately.

1st goal is a Mutch mistake but the 2nd is a howler from the lino. The c**t was yards offside. After that we were fucked. Never a red card either. It was a robust challenge but he won the ball.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. Never a red card either. It was a robust challenge but he won the ball.

Doesn't matter what he done with the ball, the fact he just came through the back of the players calf's meant he was getting a red, I'm genuinely surprised anyone can think any different.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That was genuinely an atrocious challenge.

At no point did any other player go ploughing through the back of a player.

Chief Jobber Kader was utter dug meat, as expected. I expect Cowdenbeath to give us a tougher game at Central.

Omar is a very strange player to adopt a random dislike for. Odd

Doesn't matter what he done with the ball, the fact he just came through the back of the players calf's meant he was getting a red, I'm genuinely surprised anyone can think any different.

He never went through the back of him

Omar is a very strange player to adopt a random dislike for. Odd

Not so much a dislike, I use it as a way of evaluating the standard of player we're likely to be playing though. He just sticks in the mind because whenever I saw him for Forfar he was genuinely atrocious and it was mad to think he was getting money for being a footballer.

He never went through the back of him

He did, did you clearly see the incident? I appreciate with any decision you're likely to have biased but it was a bad challenge deserving of at least a red card, if it's 0-0 you don't make that challenge because it will never work, the player was never in a position where he could have slide tackled effectively, he had just evidently "lost it".

3-0 about right. Mutch came too late out Reilly and moff took advantage.

Good 2nd and tho it was tight for offside so were a few that went against us, certainly wasn't a mile offside as claimed.

Shooty in after that and we could of had more, shame Campbell has never been able to accept a beating without having his players start kicking out.

Arbroath complaints from fans and players are funny. Claiming for fouls after BRE shrugs off you clambering all over him and Shouting for the ball to go out cos a player had a sore hand ... from stopping the ball with it :lol::lol:

He did, did you clearly see the incident? I appreciate with any decision you're likely to have biased but it was a bad challenge deserving of at least a red card, if it's 0-0 you don't make that challenge because it will never work, the player was never in a position where he could have slide tackled effectively, he had just evidently "lost it".

Wait for the replay and then you can apologise for your stupidity

Sounds like we were lucky to win

Not at all

3 probably deserved by the end tbh as we lost the plot after the second

Little was nowhere near the back of him, Infact he came in from the side, the Dunfermline player was square on to where the Arbroath fans were sitting and Little went flying in and took the ball with the side of his foot, decking the Dunfermline player but by going solely through the ball

Never a red, but the ref had a shocker.

Dunfermline are a good team and have some good players but the 1st goal was a shocker and the second looked like it was offside, we were very much in the game until then. After that though Dunfermline took control

I thought we played some good stuff at times, think McCord could've done better with his effort in the 1st and Linn should've scored but some decent passages of play at times. I'm a big fan of Hamilton/McCord/Scott so far from the new arrivals.

Prunty had some good touches and will be good in our league, Kader as well, who had a decent game, daisy cutter aside

Mutch was ok (horrendous mistake aside for 1st) but felt he could've maybe been a bit more assured on the 2nd just dribbled through him

Phillips did well as did Whatley and Doris is getting there fitness wise another good shift

Great ground for me and a short hour and a bit in the car. Impressed with the Dunfermline RB and Moffat who seems to get on the end of fucking everything

Pretty dull game in the main, though in the end it was the right result. The first half was a real struggle and we couldn't get anything going at all. One five minutes spell in the middle of it but that was all. The keeper had an absolute shocker for the first goal and I've no idea why he went out for the ball away out there. Certainly a relief though, as there was nothing in it in the first half.

We didn't start the second half that well either, though we came closer to scoring than we'd looked like doing before half time. The second goal did decide it, and my instinct was that it was probably offside as well - will be interesting to see that one again. Good save from Hutton just after that, then a great goal to finish it.

Arbroath were OK in the first half and competed pretty well - miles away from last year's opening game when we blew them away before half-time. They fell away pretty badly in the second half, though obviously it was a warm night for chasing the game.

Out set-up didn't work for me tonight, especially in midfield. Andy Geggan seemed to be a bit further forward thanw e saw him last year to allow Wedderburn to sit in front of the defence, but the whole shape just seemed wrong. With Arbroath playing two up and our full backs oftern quite far on, we were effectively man for man at the back a number of times, and often very exposed when we lost the ball in midfield. That happened even at 1-0, which was totally bizarre.

Happy witht he win, but there just seemed to be something missing - early days though, and it did feel a bit like a friendly for much of it so hopefully there's better to come.

Second was clearly on imo and the red card was clearly justified, anyone thinks otherwise should immediately give up watching football matches. It was a disgraceful "challenge".

ETA: I did think Arbroath did have a pretty good shout for a penalty.

Second was clearly on imo and the red card was clearly justified, anyone thinks otherwise should immediately give up watching football matches. It was a disgraceful "challenge".

I may change my mind when I see it again but it looked way worse than it was. It was right in front of us all.

Going by Cowdenbeath's performance tonight. :lol:

He's been on the wind up from his very first post on here, thinking someone was having a go at Dunfermlines crowd against us when they were doing nothing of the sort and making a pretty decent point

I may change my mind when I see it again but it looked way worse than it was. It was right in front of us all.

Admittedly it was at the other end of the park from us but from our view we were wondering what your player was complaining about.

Thought Phillips was pretty good tonight. McCord was impressive and we can only hope he's 100% fit and raring to go for the first league game. Higginbotham's pass for Dunfermline's second(?) was sublime, although I do think it was offside. Pretty happy overall with the performance, looking forward to seeing how we play against Cowden next week.

Little was nowhere near the back of him, Infact he came in from the side, the Dunfermline player was square on to where the Arbroath fans were sitting and Little went flying in and took the ball with the side of his foot, decking the Dunfermline player but by going solely through the ball

Never a red, but the ref had a shocker.

Haven't seen the challenge but you're off your head with the reasoning. Winning the ball doesn't mean it's a fair challenge or not reckless or worthy of a red.

We had a player rightly booked for diving in tonight that never even touched the opposition player. If he'd made any contact at all I'd have expected to see a red regardless of winning the ball or not.

Archived