Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if AJ will go for a full first team or give a few of the younger/fringe players a chance?

Does DA Baracus understand the points system yet? Or does he still think we get anything from 0-13 points per game and additional half points for supergoals?

I suspect he'll go with his strongest eleven available to start given it's the youngsters involved in the Kelty tournament. Might mix it up a bit at Cowdenbeath next week though.

We seem to have played a few more friendlies than some other teams and it also appeared that we came back for pre-season training a week or so before some so I think it'll be a pretty strong team. With Arbroath at home then Cowdenbeath away I'm sure AJ will be looking for 5 or 6 points then he'll know whether to go full pelt for the Inverness game. Hopefully having sat out the first round of fixtures and seen a few shocks it's less likely in this round of fixtures. But of a pain that both our home games are midweek though. 

Hopefully the game didn't take to much out our lads. We spent the majority of the 2nd half chasing the ball. Only injury concern I'm guessing will be McCord. Let's just hope Mutch isn't as busy.

Unfortunately no Josh Falkingham to fawn over either :(

Expect our strongest 11 to play, which will likely be.

Hutton

Williamson
Ashcroft
BRE
Talbot

McCabe
Geggan
Wederburn
Cardle

Moffat
Reilly

Gill Martin spence McMullan thomas spark Fordyce.

Presumably nobody has a suspension left over from last season.

20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Same lineup for me here, if we put in as much effort as we did on Friday night we've got every chance of getting a point + a potential bonus point.

Normally away to Dunfermline is a tougher gig than home to Utd based on recent form.

however it's their first game so it may give you an improved chance.

20 hours ago, smpar said:

I'm not sure if AJ will go for a full first team or give a few of the younger/fringe players a chance?

Does DA Baracus understand the points system yet? Or does he still think we get anything from 0-13 points per game and additional half points for supergoals?

I think I have it now.

Reckon we should be looking to take the full 5 points here

Normally away to Dunfermline is a tougher gig than home to Utd based on recent form.

however it's their first game so it may give you an improved chance.

Yeah I can see your point. Also United is a game where every player is going to give 110% because of they are big and it's on TV, whereas Dunfermline probably won't have the same appeal to the players.

20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Hope McCord isn't injured, would much rather keep Whatley at RB instead of having to move him back to CM.

Going by Twitter mcCord got Foxy'd. :lol:

Which according to Martin Fotheringham is subbed at half time when you are on a booking.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Where did Josh end up?

Happy with the performance on Friday, anything here would again be a bonus.

Still not got a club. Imagine he'll be inundated with offers though, the wee maestro that he is.

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Expect our strongest 11 to play, which will likely be.

Hutton

Williamson
Ashcroft
BRE
Talbot

McCabe
Geggan
Wederburn
Cardle

Moffat
Reilly

I think Talbot has a suspension but no idea if it includes this cup or it just counts for the league. 

I think one of our strengths last year was getting a settled team early. Folk kept speculating about us making changes for this or that game but AJ kept playing the same boys every match (save for leg break victims etc). I'm sure he'll make the most of the subs - be good to see Thomas come on and grab a goal or two. 

15 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I think Talbot has a suspension but no idea if it includes this cup or it just counts for the league.

Talbot's ban is for the league. He will miss the Dumbarton game at EEP on August 6th. 

Archived