10. Queen of the South 1-0 Stenhousemuir - 1,013
  11. Raith Rovers 0-1 Alloa Athletic - 1,674
  12. Ross County 7-0 Cove (Nomad) Rangers - 722
  13. St Johnstone 4-0 Stirling Albion - 2,858
  14. St Mirren 3-0 Edinburgh City - 1,800
  15. Stranraer 0-3 Motherwell - 953

Sunday 31st July:

1. Dundee United 2-0 Dunfermline Athletic - 4951

Some very poor crowds, but I suppose a lot of that will be down to matches being dead rubbers. St Johnstone, Thistle, United and Raith were the most notable of the decent crowds,  however, there were some really poor turnouts at Hamilton, Dumbarton and Stranraer. The 134 at Ochilview and to a lesser extent, the 722 at Dingwall are just about excusable, by the fact both sides were already out

Some Junior crowds are bigger than those.

Here we go

Theres only 1 game where a few junior clubs may get a bigger crowd and thats at the Shire

Now away back to your pishy standard of football

Just now, the_saints_are_coming said:

Agreed, what an attention seeking bore he is.

HibeeJibee Retires from P&B...
When I joined this forum some years ago, over three years in fact, I determined that my stay would be a terminable one and that for reasons of sanity... and actually entering employment... I would not post forever, and instead retire after 10,000 posts. And therefore today – coincidentally 1,000 days (well OK, I hung on since it seemed more appropriate than 997...) and of course 10,000 posts since I joined, according to the forum counter – the time has come to hang up my keyboard for the last time. Although I will no longer post, PMs will continue to reach my E-mail should anyone wish.

I realise this is a long post, and a self-indulgent one, for which I apologise: but heck it's my last one, and I hope some of you may read it and find its observations pertinent. As I have been regularly accused of dealing in excess melodrama and hype, I felt it would be best to end in that manner... even if some of what follows is to an extent tongue-in-cheek .

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/122209-HibeeJibee-Retires-from-P%26B%2E%2E%2E/page__view__findpost__p__4164563

Sorry for not being clear. I meant you. I enjoy HJ's posts.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why? Because he can look up and read about how they've performed previously?

Nope.

It's because he's created loads of posts down the years in which he has shown his appreciation of how and why the game has changed as Scotland's position has deteriorated.  He's written extensively about the "march of history" and the advantage our head start in the organised game, gave us.  It's very clear that he recognises the shifts in the game abroad, motivated partly by political upheaval.

He's able to access plenty of evidence and although I'm not always in agreement with him, his analysis tends to be very sound.

That's why he has a better grasp of the fact that football extends well beyond Central Scotland than just about anyone on here, certainly than any of the St Johnstone fans behaving like tits on this thread.

Nope.

It's because he's created loads of posts down the years in which he has shown his appreciation of how and why the game has changed as Scotland's position has deteriorated.  He's written extensively about the "march of history" and the advantage our head start in the organised game, gave us.  It's very clear that he recognises the shifts in the game abroad, motivated partly by political upheaval.

He's able to access plenty of evidence and although I'm not always in agreement with him, his analysis tends to be very sound.

That's why he has a better grasp of the fact that football extends well beyond Central Scotland than just about anyone on here, certainly than any of the St Johnstone fans behaving like tits on this thread.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Why are St. Johnstone fans incapable of accepting that Alashkert is among the worst results in the history of Scottish football? Every club has had some humiliating results in their time.

You'd think the fact that St Johnstone have had fewer humiliations than most and have also had some fantastic achievements while consistently being one of the best teams in the country in recent years would make it easier to accept when a rare embarrassment does come their way, but they seem to believe that anyone who points out the undeniable fact that being eliminated by Alashkert was an utter disaster is motivated by a vandetta against St. Johnstone. Hence all the accusations of HJ hating St. Johnstone, when in fact every post he made after the Alashkert debacle was entirely reasonable and the only people who looked ridiculous were the St. Johnstone fans claiming it wasn't really that bad because Alashkert were actually a decent team, when they were without doubt the worst team any Scottish club had lost to in Europe up to that point.

2 hours ago, the_saints_are_coming said:

It was on +1 despite it being a horrendous post and the only ones giving it a greenie were the dregs of society. Should have red dotted it six years ago tbqh.

And it's back to +1, thank you

30 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Why are St. Johnstone fans incapable of accepting that Alashkert is among the worst results in the history of Scottish football? Every club has had some humiliating results in their time.

You'd think the fact that St Johnstone have had fewer humiliations than most and have also had some fantastic achievements while consistently being one of the best teams in the country in recent years would make it easier to accept when a rare embarrassment does come their way, but they seem to believe that anyone who points out the undeniable fact that being eliminated by Alashkert was an utter disaster is motivated by a vandetta against St. Johnstone. Hence all the accusations of HJ hating St. Johnstone, when in fact every post he made after the Alashkert debacle was entirely reasonable and the only people who looked ridiculous were the St. Johnstone fans claiming it wasn't really that bad because Alashkert were actually a decent team, when they were without doubt the worst team any Scottish club had lost to in Europe up to that point.

There's not enough hyperbole in that really. I'm sure you'll do better the next time.

If you think it's all about the weirdo number monkey's wanking frenzy after the Alashkert result then you're unsurprisingly wrong. His disdain towards Saints has been made clear before and as he's shown on here still goes on. Just because he comes out with good material at times doesn't mean there isn't a sniddy little shit in there too. You've probably just had no need to notice it.

There's not enough hyperbole in that really. I'm sure you'll do better the next time.

If you think it's all about the weirdo number monkey's wanking frenzy after the Alashkert result then you're unsurprisingly wrong. His disdain towards Saints has been made clear before and as he's shown on here still goes on. Just because he comes out with good material at times doesn't mean there isn't a sniddy little shit in there too. You've probably just had no need to notice it.

Weirdo?

Give it a rest eh.

On 31 July 2016 at 08:40, PauloPerth said:

Agree. So many people in Scotland have an outdated view of football.  That because we don't know a team very well, or they're not from the big European leagues, our teams should hammer them.  The truth is, what the f**k do any of us know about the quality of most of the teams in the early rounds of the Europa league until you see them play?

I caught part of Allan Preston ranting under nonsense like this on the radio yesterday.  That Celtic should be going through against a team from Kazakhstan because.. Well they're from Kazakhstan.  No mention at all of the quality teams that failed to win in Astana in last season's Champions league.  Other Scottish teams should beat so and so.  It was utter pish.

On 31 July 2016 at 09:20, afca32 said:

There was highlights of that Alashkert mob posted on here before the game last year and they looked like a second tier junior team.

My point was more a general one about folks perceptions of European opposition than specific to Alashkert.  But seeings  as you mentioned it, yes we should have beaten them, it was a poor result, but they were a decent side over there and far from a junior team.  We also had 5 or 6 first team starters out at home which is conveniently overlooked for some reason, and is massive for a club like Saints.

You could also watch select highlights from our premier league and feel it was a pretty poor standard to be honest.

The same season we played them they won their domestic title and played in the champions league qualifiers this year.  Having watched all of our opponents at some stage last season, based on a very limited only 2 game viewing of them, I would say Alashkert were bottom 6 level in our premier league, around 8th-10th place.

Archived