The BetFred Cup Attendance thread

lionel hutz

7 hours ago, Marr1 said:

912. For what is an established top six side, travelling to a ground that's less than an hour away, on a sunny summer's evening. Shite might be an exaggeration but it's certainly not good.

It's about an hour away and it pished with rain from start to finish.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Cove v Montrose crowd, I'd have gone to the game if it was around Aberdeen. But I can't justify trekking down to Forfar on a Wednesday night with work today.

I imagine I'm not the only one who thought like that either.

Why do fans in general (and St Johnstone ones in particular, it would appear) take it personally if it's suggested that the crowd for a match featuring their team, might have been larger?

By all means, argue otherwise if there's a case, but don't bloody see it as some sort of attack.

Why have Stenny not released their attendance figure for Tuesday's game yet?

There was a fair few Jags fans through for the game.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why do fans in general (and St Johnstone ones in particular, it would appear) take it personally if it's suggested that the crowd for a match featuring their team, might have been larger?

By all means, argue otherwise if there's a case, but don't bloody see it as some sort of attack.

Because it normally is. 

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There could be some truly abysmal crowds for the dead rubbers this weekend. I reckon County vs Cove might be less than 500.

Dumbarton v Peterhead could be sub 300 I reckon.

We'll get ~1500 for the game against Stirling and HJ will condemn it as the most embarrassing attendance in footballing history

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Regarding our two away attendances in the league cup, we took about 600 for the 3 hour drive to Elgin when trains weren't running and took about the same to Brechin, an hour away, for a midweek game on a wet night.  Both in the middle of the holidays.

i think both are really good away supports for us for the early rounds of this cup, and I think most Saints fans would be fairly happy with the numbers.  Yet folk who don't really have a clue about the size of our away support are telling us it's poor?!  

:huh:

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Regarding our two away attendances in the league cup, we took about 600 for the 3 hour drive to Elgin when trains weren't running and took about the same to Brechin, an hour away, for a midweek game on a wet night.  Both in the middle of the holidays.

i think both are really good away supports for us for the early rounds of this cup, and I think most Saints fans would be fairly happy with the numbers.  Yet folk who don't really have a clue about the size of our away support are telling us it's poor?!  

:huh:

As I said, argue the case if you think there is one.  I don't really have a view on those figures myself, but they don't sound especially low.

What I was highlighting though was the tone of responses.  People get really indignant if there's a suggestion that crowds aren't great.  I think it's a bit silly.  Nobody's saying you are at actually at fault if not many join you at a particular game, yet there's this springing into action, as if grave offence has been caused.

This need to stress how many fans follow your club is all a bit OF if you ask me.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

As I said, argue the case if you think there is one.  I don't really have a view on those figures myself, but they don't sound especially low.

What I was highlighting though was the tone of responses.  People get really indignant if there's a suggestion that crowds aren't great.  I think it's a bit silly.  Nobody's saying you are at actually at fault if not many join you at a particular game, yet there's this springing into action, as if grave offence has been caused.

This need to stress how many fans follow your club is all a bit OF if you ask me.

Its more the case that HJ seems to jump on us for whatever small reason he can ever since his embarrassing performance in our Euro thread last Summer.

7 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Why have Stenny not released their attendance figure for Tuesday's game yet?

There was a fair few Jags fans through for the game.

sure I saw 1100 somewhere on twitter, from the highlights seems as if there was a few hundred behind the goal anyway.

Just now, Fuctifano said:

sure I saw 1100 somewhere on twitter, from the highlights seems as if there was a few hundred behind the goal anyway.

Cheers m8. Seems about right to me and it was a decent share of the gate for Stenny. Seemed to be a few hundred Thistle fans in the stand too.

15 hours ago, CALDERON said:

No way on earth was there 1100 fans at Dingwall on Sat. Maybe 700 at a push.

11 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Are Ross county a bit Celticy with their attendances? Have heard that before but no idea if its true or not. 

It would make absolutely no sense to overstate an attendance in this tournament - County have to pay Raith Rovers based on the declared attendance.

Archived